Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CHAR] Sharn (v2.0)
[Image: 2u8h4dk.jpg]
Version 1.12

After hours of work (omg, the Black Hole move took me 3 hours only >.<) and several (now soluted) problems...
SHARN HAS ARRIVED!

Click this for an epic background story (Click to View)

^^
All the people, that saw my earlier 2 projects (Trio Mortale and Cleric) know, that i usually don't draw much new into chars, besides recoloring them.
Some month ago, i tried my first sprite project, called "Sharn" (you can see some of the cruelly bad pics here)... But besides the fact that the sprites looked crappy it would have taken years for me to finish them. Therefore i dropped that project.

About 3 weeks ago i began making THIS "Sharn": A recolored basic char (of Freeze).
However, this char contains WAY more new sprites then ALL my "old" mods TOGETHER:
Even if it are only new balls, charge effects and some added lightning sparks etc i would call Sharn a pretty "well-sprited" char ^^

ADDITIONAL the char contains a good couple of moves (17 ^^) and some of them are using advanced DC.
(Don't believe me? Here's the OFFICIAL proof for that: >>LINK<<)
So, if there are some beginning DCers, wanting to learn things like "Advanced Move after Death" or similar things: Check out the data ^^

The character itself is acceptable balanced, but (still) a bit overpowered. Or at least some of his moves are pretty destructive. To reduce the IMBAness i DCed some "weaknesses" into the char (though i won't tell them public XD) ;)

You can download it straight from LF-Empire, download size is about 700 kb.

Here are a few Screenshots.
The good thing on them: All moves of Sharn are descibed in the Readme (in opposite to Cleric ;) ), so there are no Secret Moves (which i couldn't show now).
Screenshots (Click to View)

Due i want you to download the char, i will give you only a short, uninforming Move List here :P
That one in the Readme is way bigger and will tell you more ^^
Move List (Click to View)

And here you will find a list of removed bugs, changed values etcetcetc:
Version History (Click to View)

Big THANKS to TheNave, MH-Razen and Azriel.
Without them i would still need a big can of BUG-spray XD

PS: Attachment link removed... you can download the char directly via LF-Epire now.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: klodasmone
awesome screen shots hope you finish it soon.
[Image: 2aGKf.png]

My Sprites

Signature Made By DesignHeaven
Thanks given by:
from the screenies i'd say good job looks good.
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
Thanks given by:
Like always: Albaka do AWESOME project. ;)

Love Your all work. Could I be Your fan number 1? :D

Hehe, with my DC I've discovered that Black Hole :P (again) ;)
Thanks given by: Alblaka
(04-30-2009, 05:59 PM)XLittlebob252 Wrote:  awesome screen shots hope you finish it soon.

o.O

Maybe you could read the text, pls...

THE CHAR IS FINISHED *faceclaw*

(04-30-2009, 06:06 PM)SimonLF2DCer Wrote:  Like always: Albaka do AWESOME project. ;)

Love Your all work. Could I be Your fan number 1? :D

Hehe, with my DC I've discovered that Black Hole :P (again) ;)

Lol... You don't need DC, the key combination for Black Hole is in the Readme ^^

Jippi, i have a fan XD *hands you "#1"-glove*

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Darn Alblaka... U already had me on ur Cleric char!
But damn! This char has a lot of great DCing in it! (Though evry DC thing may seem very advanced for me 'cuz I know nothing about it :d)
I also really like the moves where u have to push for example D < A and then u can choose another 3 actions.. (this was already with ur Cleric char too, but that's just one of the things I love about u)

The mighty screenshots kind of already says it all... amazing job.. again!

Btw.. Since Simon is ur fan #1 already.. pherhaps I can be #2? Or maybe get an important function.. like ur assistent or bodyguard or something :d!

anyway.. Just wanted to say.. "Oops, u did it again!" (Yes, u may recognize it from Britney... But I swear! she stole it from me!)

omg... Noticed I'm a little bored :p?

[Image: jpvgcj.jpg]

After D>A you can choose 4! options... D, J, A or WAIT ^^

But thx for the VERY positive critique XD

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
nice char
only problem is, if you hit the enemy to often with your slowing down spark thunder thingys, and then fire a fireball at him he'll stuck in air... that's a common problem if you work with negative fall values

PS:
Alblaka Wrote:Big THANKS to TheNave, MH-Razen and Azriel.
hehe.
(05-01-2009, 09:01 AM)TheNave Wrote:  nice char
only problem is, if you hit the enemy to often with your slowing down spark thunder thingys, and then fire a fireball at him he'll stuck in air... that's a common problem if you work with negative fall values

Yes, noticed that, too... same like some other bugs...
But i won't be able to solve them without editing LF2 over and over :/

Simple solution/explanation:
The Electric Sparks paralyse the enemy even while he is burning and after they dissappeared the fire is electrified and causes the same effect ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
wow, very very nice char, very cool attacks( although I haven't tried out his black hole yet.) I really like that sonic dash and the absorbing idea. And of course this sparks his attacks create.
but there is one thing I can't understand: How the hell did you know my only special chars have the id's 88 and 89??? :D
And one question: how did you make the shock follow only the enemy? my one follows the caster if possible( also quite cool and I probably stick with it, but I'd like to know how its done.)