Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprites won't work properly
I got a new computer, and now LF2 won't show the right sprites. Any character that turns left goes through freezing frames or something else instead of the normal standing frames. Same thing if you use a move to the left, like Freeze's ice ball. It works all right if you face right, and it's just sprites, effects are unchanged.
Thanks given by: Scorpion
Have you tried reinstalling LF2?

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
Did you install Window 7? LF2 can't work properly on it.
Thanks given by:
It happens also when u don't got all lf2 data and some large sprites look weird. Happend alot to me. I tried reinstalling lf2 and changing the position of .dat files in the data.txt.
[Image: illidansig1.png]
Thanks given by:
I think it's some memory allocation failure. I've experienced that quite frequently on our school computers (these lamers are driving me nuts). Usually, a computer restart helps. I haven't really noticed any pattern so far so it might be kinda random.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2009, 05:37 AM)no one Wrote:  Did you install Window 7? LF2 can't work properly on it.

what the... what are you talking about.. i have windows 7 on my comp right now
and lf2 is working perfectly.
most likely memory allocation failed and/or drivers are messing with the game.
a computer restart should help (as already said by the others)
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
You're probably using the 32 bit version then. The 64bit version of Vista/7 will screw with lf2 :).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: mrrandomizer
OH YEAH!!!! thx for this thread mrrandomizer

I got the same problem since I have my new computer. I have:

Windows Vista Home Premium
4,00 GB RAM
32-Bit System
NVidea Geforce 9600GT

I've already reinstalled LF2, tried 1.9c, updated my graphics driver and so on but nothing works.
I'll upload a video for this to show you how it looks like if my f***ing camtasia works again.
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2009, 09:42 AM)just_a_phil Wrote:  
(05-17-2009, 05:37 AM)no one Wrote:  Did you install Window 7? LF2 can't work properly on it.

what the... what are you talking about.. i have windows 7 on my comp right now
and lf2 is working perfectly.
most likely memory allocation failed and/or drivers are messing with the game.
a computer restart should help (as already said by the others)

WTF??? I did remembered seeing a video about a guy run LF2 on windows 7, it get all mix up.
Thanks given by:
well yes i am using the 32 bit version.
@no one: when you use the 32 bit version it works perfectly and when you use the 64 bit version it just won't work..
but mixed up graphics or w/e.. i have never seen something like that.
and yeah i can send you an screenshoot if you want.. so you can see how well it works :p

@scorpion: i had the same problem with vista (i still have it as a side system on my computer in case 7 messes up , dualboot system :p)
thats how i fixed it... i always opened it with the alliance/link... (it messed up alot when i started it with the exe itself ;) )
and i installed
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=1079
that thing silva mentioned (in the thread above), after that i did not have any more problems (except that it loaded slowly)
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: mrrandomizer