Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[C#/Java] Problem with Image converting, zipping and mailing
First entry wootie

Description of the programm itself

I wanted to make an gui (graphical user interface) which converts images, which are not int the jpeg format, to jpeg.The new position of the image is an new folder called "Images". Then the program should zip them (through the zip button).This zip is saved next to the exe. Finally when you click the "Mail" button the program should open the standard app for mails with an new mail-task including the attachment (the zip).

Problems which accured:
  • Sometimes the program only adds one file to the zip. The rest is unharmed.
  • Most of the time an error message appears ("Mail program not capable of doing this action, MAPI error 2) when i try to use the "mail" function

The code:

The dlls i used (Click to View)
The dir processing (Click to View)
The zipping process (Click to View)
The mailing process (Click to View)
Hope someone can help me.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
when you say "Sometimes the program only adds one file to the zip. The rest is unharmed.", do u mean it only adds the first file to the zip file, or the last file to the zip file? (I think it's the last file).

anyways, The zipping process seems to keep deleting the images.zip file any time you want to save an image. perhaps only do a check before the whole lot of files are saved, delete if images.zip exists, make a new zip file, then add all of the image files before saving at the end.

not sure about the rest (never done c#)

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
no it differs.. i tried it out (try, fail, try, fail ..) the fact is it should add every file in THE directory at once. look at "zip.addDirectory.. ". But it adds only one image-file. Which means that not every file is saved in the new temp folder (called Images in my code). The fact is i don't get why it is that way.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: