Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stage Generator with Visual Basic 6.0
I have created a stage generator with visual basic 6.0
Download LF Stage Quickmaker
It can create a stage automatically and randomly based on your settings(difficulty and others)
I have several problems:
1. I cannot upload it correctly! I used mediafire.com to upload the program. Some can download it and run the program, but others say it is corrupted, or mean it is an incomplete data.
2. I cannot make the program installs the new stage to stage.dat in data folder. I don't have any idea to convert a text data to a *.dat, because i don't know the format. So, I must convert the stage to *.dat using data changer, manually.
3. I cannot make a time out timer. Umm, I mean, if you set the difficulty too high, the program will take a very long time to create the stage. I cannot make a cancel button or a time-out checker because I use For & Next, so when it happens the program must be closed by using the task manager... :-|.

If someone can help me, please tell me a way to fix these problems.
Any replies are highly appreciated. Thank you!
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
okay.. firstly i would highly appreciate it if you post some of your code, i am not that familiar with vb so even an pseudo-code would do it.
just so i get the idea behind your method (would be easier for me to help you ;) )
1. i can't see your problem, it is working fine for me. I guess it is not an issue of mediafire. its more the fault of the users/downloaders
say do you need any special program such as a sdk or something to run vb programs? i have installed ms visual studio with an vb support so that's eventually why i can run it :p
2. here is a link to encryption decryption should work the other way around.. never tried it out myself though..
3. again your code would help alot and do you mean when you are trying too do to much your prog can't be shut down without the taskmanager?
then you definitely have to think about your logic.. cause eventually its taking too much.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
2. Look at the link phil posted ( http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=1877 )

3. Just validate the input before you start generating. If the value is to high( anything above 1000 or something, choose an appropriate number), tell the user that the value is to high and ask him to re-input it.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
wow, thanks for the idea! problem num 1 is already solved... I now know... i musn't upload the EXE but the package. Num 2&3 thanks to you. But 1 more problem... i forgot how to make the package =.=
someone using visual basic please tell me where i can make the package/install wizard. Thx.
Thanks given by:
according to your problem.. google gave me some tutorials
here
and this here
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: