Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Fully time stop
And i have another problem.
How to do that time fully stops, chars and items stops on their positions in fames that got caught. And they can take damage? ;] Only you are normal, yours frends stop too.?
Sorry for gramma i'm from poland xD
Thanks given by:
So: Time Slow-Down (or Stop) is possible, but mostly a bit buggy.

You can either affect only the enemies or ALL chars (including you). Only affecting everyone else then you would be a bit more complicated (you would have to make the char unhitable to prevent him being affected).

The effect itself:
The move creates a T3-Object.
This object runs with a timer (hit_a, hit_d) and spawns continously another T3-object every frame
That object has a huge itr (to affect everything), a vrest: 50 (or higher), injury: 0 (or higher if you want to cause damage), fall: -1 and effect: 5. Also it has to use state: 18 (to work for you allies, too).
The move will completely stop any movement of all objects on the field, weapons may broke and enemies won't go to injured-frames if you hit them ^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Alblaka Wrote:enemies won't go to injured-frames if you hit them ^^
may we could fix that with some cpoint stuff grabbing the enemy to the injury frames
Thanks given by:
they go to the injury frames :P
and weapons won't be destroied if you use bdefend: 1
vrest: 50 (or higher) is wrong, for fully timestop it should be 1
Thanks given by:
i've tried zxcv's itr with vrest=0 but it doesn't stop enemies in one frame, if enemies keep press forward, enemies can keep playing twalking frames, but it can't move.
Thanks given by:
make multiples of it then
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2009, 08:44 PM)Lf2-hacker Wrote:  
Alblaka Wrote:enemies won't go to injured-frames if you hit them ^^
may we could fix that with some cpoint stuff grabbing the enemy to the injury frames

You want to grab ALL chars on the entire field, at the same time, without moving them ^^ Gl with DCing THAT

(07-04-2009, 09:06 PM)TheNave Wrote:  they go to the injury frames :P
and weapons won't be destroied if you use bdefend: 1
vrest: 50 (or higher) is wrong, for fully timestop it should be 1

They won't, you will need fall: -1 (otherwise they would get knocked down in a few frames) and the negative fall will quickly sum up...
I fact you will only be able to knock them down with a fall:70-attack at the beginning of the move...

If you use vrest: 1 you will have indefinite timestop( as soon as you hit more then 2 enemies), due to the T3-object would hit-increase itself to much. Therefore therer should be one "controlling" T3, spawning the hitting ones every frame (and the hitting ones will only hit each enemy once, due to vrest: 50).

Btw, vrest: 0 means "NO VREST" for the engine... so you would only hit one char with arest: 20 (normal value)

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
huh, whatyatalking about? indefinite timestop with vrest: 1? only t0 objects are stuck in a frame with a low vrest, on t3 objects it works fine, but if you'd use vrest 50 the enemys could move from time to time...
also you can create 2 frames wich are looping with fall: -1 & fall: 1, then they won't go the injury frames and can be knocked donw

and I know that vrest: 0 = arest: 20, that's why I said vrest: 1
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2009, 11:30 AM)TheNave Wrote:  huh, whatyatalking about? indefinite timestop with vrest: 1? only t0 objects are stuck in a frame with a low vrest, on t3 objects it works fine, but if you'd use vrest 50 the enemys could move from time to time...
also you can create 2 frames wich are looping with fall: -1 & fall: 1, then they won't go the injury frames and can be knocked donw

and I know that vrest: 0 = arest: 20, that's why I said vrest: 1

But if you use vrest: 1 the object will stuck itself.
Therefore you use an control object, which spawns one T3-object with itr (vrest: 50) EVERY (1) frame
HAs same effect as using vrest: 1, but it won't stuck itself, so you can limit the duration.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
If its type 0 yes if its type 3 then no.

Nave is right only type 0 stops itself.

(07-05-2009, 11:30 AM)TheNave Wrote:  huh, whatyatalking about? indefinite timestop with vrest: 1? >>only t0 objects are stuck in a frame with a low vrest<<, on t3 objects it works fine, but if you'd use vrest 50 the enemys could move from time to time...
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: