Poll: Should BGM music retain?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dont delete everything
20.00%
1 20.00%
Delete only the main theme
20.00%
1 20.00%
Delete everything
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MOD]LF2 Classic [V0.2 beta released, new screenies!]
Hi guys, i am back...after a really long time.
By the way, I want to make the current LF2 v2.0a cosmetic to an older version without the disadvantage of lacking feautures.

Goals:
-Replace sounds and bitmaps. [ ]
-Redesign .exe and icon via Resource Hacker [x]
-Give a "classic" feeling when im testing [x]
-Compatible with the current LF2 2.0a [ ](not tested yet)

Okay guys, I can only remake it like v1.71, because its the closest to v2.0. v1.9 is a too similar, 'cause the bitmaps and sounds were completly redesigned.

Okay, one thing. Do you want background music? Or should I replace the BGMs by empty files? (edit: You can also say that i only delete the main theme; view poll)

EDIT: limitations:
-Works only at 32bit.

09-14-09: v0.2 released, gone to beta status
09-13-09: v0.1 released, later v0.11

Download Link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OX2CJ8GD

NOTE: Install first a new 2.0a, then extract LF2 Classic on it! (much like most other versions)

PS: Dont bring it to the Release section yet; its not done (1.00 = done)
EDIT: Some screens are released now:
[Image: screen13vty.png] [Image: screen2k7e1.png] [Image: screen3onhi.png] [Image: screen4bjzo.png]
I'm Lagger, because i'm lagging in online games.
Thanks given by:
ya, delete the music, it should be exactly like 1.71!
Thanks given by:
Version 0.1 released!

Content:
-Most .bmps replaced
-All .wavs replaced in sys-folder
-BGMs replaced with blank files (credits goes to Noir)
-.exe redesinged
-4,85MB large (.zip)

Download Link at 1st Post!

The next version depends on your requests. If you want to have something, feel free to post.

EDIT: Updated v0.11 released
-Decreased .exe size and removed every unnessary file to decrease .zip size. I can also upload it in .7z if you want.
-Now about ca. 3,3MB large (7z: 2,1MB, uploaded for requests)
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2009, 09:05 PM)Lagger17 Wrote:  Hi guys, i am back...after a really long time.
By the way, I want to make the current LF2 v2.0a cosmetic to an older version without the disadvantage of lacking feautures.
EDIT: some limitations:
-Cannot remove Stage 5 and Surival stage unless someone knows how does that work Oo
-Battle mode cant be removed too.
-Works only at 32bit.

Removing them isn't very hard(I can do it for you if you want), but aren't you contradicting your self?:p I mean, you don't want it to lack features, yet you want to remove some :p.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Drahcir
Okay, i did not know that would be possible...just need a tutorial and credits goes to Silva of course. I just dont need the useless battle mode, Stage 5 can stay (LF2 v1.71 didnt have an ending)

Oh, I can simply "remove" Stage 5 by deleting the entire Stage 5 in the stage.dat and maybe place one Template (xD) at 5-1, so you still see the ending text, with the cheat inside, im good at stage DCing, it will follow after im finished with this first.

At last, im lacking skill at HEX editing, its far harder than DCing. I dont want to do the others the work because it would be their work. I am also ready to learn some stuff and use it.

PS: Its also harder because I use v2.0a. Hex editing at 1.9 is very known since its about 7 years ago since 1.9 is released. Also, I dont have to really remove the battle mode and stage 5 because that things would lack at the final version. Just say if this should stay or not.

PSS: By asking that I need a new poll xP
Thanks given by:
*bump*

V0.2 released
-Deeps sword now like 1.71
-Added slogans in the loading screen
-Blank "m_end" file

One question:
I found a interesting thing in 1.71 out. When I was about to play Stage Mode, I could change to Team 2,3,4 and Inpendent and could kill the other one in Team 1 XD (Friendly Fire). Do you guys want that? Its maybe funny, but annoying at time.

Download link at 1st post!

PS: Sorry for the doublepost, was a while ago after I posted the last post ^^

EDIT: Some new screenies:
[Image: screen5wuf2.png] [Image: screen6nq30.png]

~Lagger17~
Thanks given by: