Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Problem]Background Music Lightness
Hello and good morning to all. Ok, back to it.

I've replaced some bgm's in LF2 ver.2.0 for the mod I'm making and the problem is that some bgms are alot lower in volume than how the normal lf2 ver.2.0 bgms are. Why is that? And what is the answer in fixing it?
[Image: 6578m8.png]

Join the fun .........

Thanks given by:
Well ive never replaced them. But I will gues that step one is posting them here.

Ive seen other topics about this aswell.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Probably because their amplitude isn't as high as it should be.
Get a wav-editor (there are loads of free editors out there) and open any original bgm in it. Now, check how big these....
...are.
The bigger, the louder. Now, compare those to the bgm you want to integrate into the game. Probably, you'll have to normalize the file (the max. amplitude will be rise to 0dB which is the highest you can get without making your sound card go nuts). Increasing the level by a couple dB should work well, too. Find out what's best for you ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
This doesn't belong in hex editing. *moved*
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
You can use Windows' sound recorder to up the volume of .wav files (assuming you have Windows XP).

Open the context menu by right-clicking the .wav file, select 'Record' and wait for the program to load.
The option to change the volume (up/down in steps of 25%) can be found in the 'Effects' tab.

You don't have to download a single thing to do this.
My projects:
=> Comet - LF2 ver.1.9/1.9c skin.
=> CRE - ComboRegenerativeEnemy.

Contact me if the links to my projects become unavailable.
Thanks given by: