Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie question.
First, before the noob questions :s, let me say HI! (I'm kind of new to lf and brand new to the forum)
Also, sory about my poor english (I'm Brasilian)
I find Lf2 the best fighting game over all just because its simple, equilibrate and it have all the things that other fighting games have (combos, some itens, etc) with nome ridiculus "super-ultra-special atk"... its more a "skill" game... I see you guys playing (most noir replays) and see that you dash atk VERY fast (faster then me ;/), just like woody D^A + dash, i cant do that, do you have any tips? Also, wth are the controlers (keybord) that you fell confortable with? its better, for you, to use A+D+J in a roll? Like tyu or uio ? i personaly use uio but i fell kind of strange in using O... Also, last question, i promise, to do the atks you press the sequence D^A (exemple) ou just let ^ presed then DA (somethimes i fell its faster this way) ?

ty :D
[Image: dennis_skill.png]
^^
Thanks given by:
Welcome to LFE! :)

Well, about the controls, I still use the ones that I started out with: arrow keys for movement, Enter = Attack, Shift = Jump, Control = Defend. I've become used to that. It's actually just a matter of time until you get used to the keys you prefer. There is no "best" key-usage, there is only a "personally, I call this-and-this 'best' ".
Also, you do not need to press the keys all at the same time. Fore example, when you use Woody, you can try the following: press Defend, release the key. Walk upwards. Press Attack. See? LF2 can buffer a few keys, so you can even plan out your attack while doing a move. When you press Shift at the end of Woody's D^A, he'll do an immediate dash afterwards.
This works with pretty much every character.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Capial , Hukko
(10-16-2009, 04:14 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Welcome to LFE! :)

Well, about the controls, I still use the ones that I started out with: arrow keys for movement, Enter = Attack, Shift = Jump, Control = Defend. I've become used to that. It's actually just a matter of time until you get used to the keys you prefer. There is no "best" key-usage, there is only a "personally, I call this-and-this 'best' ".
Also, you do not need to press the keys all at the same time. Fore example, when you use Woody, you can try the following: press Defend, release the key. Walk upwards. Press Attack. See? LF2 can buffer a few keys, so you can even plan out your attack while doing a move. When you press Shift at the end of Woody's D^A, he'll do an immediate dash afterwards.
This works with pretty much every character.
Thx a lot ^^, i'm training on my controlers >_<
By the way, do you kown how to fix the image bug on stages? (like a green thing on ground ¬¬'')
Cya~
[Image: dennis_skill.png]
^^
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2009, 05:43 PM)Capial Wrote:  By the way, do you kown how to fix the image bug on stages? (like a green thing on ground ¬¬'')
Hmm, I thought this was resolved with 2.0 already. Hmm, maybe not :P
Well, it's actually just some weird color-issue that appears when you don't have the correct color settings. For example, if your monitor runs on 24-bit-colors, try to change it to 16-bit and vice versa. Should help you :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: