WANNA BE LIKE TARZAN?!! (Click to View)
backgrounds/stages:

Desert Stage (Click to View)
Savanna Stage (Click to View)

new weapons

banana peel (Click to View)

Original post (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2010, 04:39 PM)Wiro Wrote:  comment plz (no critic!)

Why post here if you don't want criticism? And comments are actually about what makes your project better (aka criticism).

The idea doesn't seem too bad, and it doesn't look bad either. The first thing that stings out on me is the high grass, I don't know if it's just me but it kinda looks a bit plain to me. I don't know if it's a good idea to use shading, ... it could use a LITTLE BIT of shading perhaps.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2010, 05:21 PM)Ramond Wrote:  
(01-06-2010, 04:39 PM)Wiro Wrote:  comment plz (no critic!)

Why post here if you don't want criticism? And comments are actually about what makes your project better (aka criticism).

-_- whatever

but yes I WILL shade the grass
anyway thx for the comment...
Thanks given by:
The grass doesn't look really like grass. If you have photoshop, use the grass-brushes.
[Image: Grass_brush_preview.jpg]
If not, let somebody do that for you :)
Honestly, it doesn't look all that good at the moment, but with some nice sprites it sure will turn out ways better.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2010, 05:28 PM)Lauli Wrote:  The grass doesn't look really like grass. If you have photoshop, use the grass-brushes.
[Image: Grass_brush_preview.jpg]
If not, let somebody do that for you :)
Honestly, it doesn't look all that good at the moment, but with some nice sprites it sure will turn out ways better.

hmm... didn't think of that will try it now
Thanks given by:
I like it. ;p

If you're going to make the grass with PhotoShop, I suggest to opoint it as more random as you can. That would make safari effect more.
Waiting for animals (didn't see any of them on lfe, yet). :)
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2010, 06:09 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  I like it. ;p

If you're going to make the grass with PhotoShop, I suggest to opoint it as more random as you can. That would make safari effect more.
Waiting for animals (didn't see any of them on lfe, yet). :)

the problem with the grass brushes is that i can't get the transparency right...but if anybody wants to try feel free...

and i sort of shaded the old grass so it looks imo better...

and for the animals i think there could be rhino (would have standing, walking, running, get hit, lying frames), monkey (standing, jumping, dashing, attack, superattack, get hit, lying) and lion (standing, walking, running, dashing, get hit, lying) or sth like that...
Thanks given by:
for the grass, i had an idea which was use 2 layers. 1 layer for the outline of the grass(es) and then on the other layer, you put in the filling+shading but dont worry that much about going over the outline. then you clean out the sides and stick it together
the grass is a cool idea though
:)
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by: Wiro
i could try that... but other stuff: name suggestions? bg suggestions? animals?
just tell me what would be good
Thanks given by:
It looks really really great.
Only thing you could improve is make, especially the upper part of the grass-halms (?) more see-through. The grass looks very thick, because it doesn't have any transparency.
Kinda hard to explain.

Also change the actual "ground" of the original BG, because it has a different color now.
Thanks given by: