Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guide to itr: Kind: 8
Alooohaaa everyone =) I’m Marshall, here to offer a tip or two in LF2 data changing (again)._.

With all the fat birds, potatoheads, Somins yo - Simoneon and LizardDCs around, it has recently come to my attention that quite a number of people here seem to be unaware that I can data change properly. Back in the days when I bothered to anyway, but I am certainly annoyed and let’s say joining the DC competition here is a way of expressing my displeasure. At least so that I am not the odd one out among the four of those… Obviously you peeps are totally in awe now, so I think I’m semi-retiring again :P and here’s the parting gift – New Guide to itr: Kind: 8 -- which hopefully some may find helpful.
Before starting, it’s better to understand the basics.

Itr: kind 8 is unique to John’s healing ball in the original LF2. It essentially has the function of detecting whether other characters came into contact with it. i.e. if you walk into his healing ball, it would disappear. Because itr kind 8 has detected your bdy has walked past it, hence it goes to the vanishing frames.

This sort of detection method was first pioneered by Jerry Hawk of Sykeval back in 2006, but it’s implications were near endless, such as counter attack systems, fusion etc and it’s now prevalent in most LF2 modifications.
However, there is the fatal flaw of where the detector would move to the centerx position of the type: 0 which is the target of detection. This means that when the type: 0 character is detected, the character or the detector would be, for the lack of a better term, “forced moved”.

Hence we normally opoint type: 0 detectors, though by default LF2.exe would automatically assign a “Com” reading underneath the type: 0 object. Not only it’s not very nice visually, but AI would also have the tendency to attack this new “enemy”.

Now… To get rid of the “Com” can be done and surprisingly easy (or else I won't be typing all that crap above).

First, you should know that John’s healing ball can heal invisible Rudolfs. Obviously, under the cloak of invisibility you can’t see the eye piercing “Com”. Another obvious advantage that comes to mind is that AI at least won’t go and attack the invisible “Com”

Some people are aware of that fact and tried things along the lines of opint: action: xx but it’s blatantly useless because invisibility is controlled by next: 12xx, which would then go back to frame: 0 – not so sexy.

Some would try to circumvent the problem by adding a new ID by adding next:??? to frame 0. This is certainly a plausible solution, but not very elegant during character selection and such.

So we’ve got to try and control type: 0’s frames properly and here’s the (2nd) crux: wpoint.

Wpoint is for controlling the action of weapons, so how about controlling type: 0? Those that have not tried Tomcwy’s Robotical LF2 should immediately do so and be amazed.

After some extensive testing, I’ve realised that you need to do this via a type 3 object rather than a type 0 object controlling the other type 0 object. As to why, I don’t know, but it works.

The code for type 3:

DC-Code:
<frame> 0
 pic: 99 state: 3005 wait: 0 next: 1

<frame> 1
 pic: 99 state: 3005 wait: 0 next: 2
 opoint: kind: 2 action: 1200 oid: ?←depends on which type: 0 that you are using. Also, remember it’s opoint: kind: 2
 wpoint: kind: 1 weaponact: ??? ← the specific frame of type: 0 that you want it to go to

<frame> 2
 pic: 99 state: 3005 wait: 0 next: 3
 wpoint: kind: 1 weaponact: ??? ← the specific frame of type: 0 that you want it to go to

<frame> 3
 pic: 99 state: 3005 wait: 0 next: 1000
 wpoint: kind: 1 weaponact: 1000 ←under weaponact, next in type: 0 frames are useless, so weaponact: 1000 magics your type:0 away :D

So there you go… the “Com” problem is now solved.

And as demonstrated in the animated gif, no one can notice it unless you are the data changer yourself. Yes, foxy is always Sh-neaky :3
Animated Gif (Click to View)
If the image does not loop, you will need to click save image as to get it on your computer.

A point of interest is that the invisibility can be maintained forever when controlled by wpoint , so technically you can have set up a system of detection that can last.

Just remember… DCing techniques alone would not get you anywhere if you lack imagination. Creativity and dynamic usage of existing DC techniques is actually the key to create something that is fun and a long lasting replay value!

Thanks for reading ^ ^"

Special thanks to Fantasy Leaf & Windmill. If it were not for them, you won't see this thread

Example
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
D:

man the weapon part is new to me.
in other words, this means no com logo, meaning, ausum. the heal invisible rudolfs, not so much.
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
Actually, yea.
There're quite a lot more techniques with weapons. Don't know why, but people are afraid of weapons. That's sad.

As a proof - http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=1047 (don't know it was announced in data changing section, but it is still a very neat technique, and if you ask me - also very practical.)
Thanks given by: forgetlatios
nice tut, should go to the mainsite as advanced tut :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
not afraid really, but more like overlooked. If I haven't forgotten how to DC in the first place, I wouldn't have thought about it. Since I had to relearn everything though, I looked at everything windmill has written about DC and there was this bit about wpoints :D

Cheers, MH
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
windmill made tuts? are they in chinese or why did I never see them?
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
ya... they are in Chinese. I learnt everything from them :P
and the previous tutorials such as the coordinate ones, adding moves for dummies and hovering is all by him and I translated it.

occasionally he posts random thoughts on DC as well (such as implications and applications stuff), and the wpoint one was one of them.
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
I knew you could use the wpoint to control objects. Just don't try to hold a t0 too long with wpoint otherwise it cause exe crash.I thought about it too and try hold t0 in frame 1200 but it crashed.

The chinese community got lots interesting dc.

I learned that ik3 with fall 70 can catch falling character for example.

that's cool to know
Thanks given by:
nothin' new, but still good work for actually writing that huge text down ^^
Thanks given by:
Every time Marshall threads, epicness follows. [Image: m054.gif]

I'd been considering w-point stuff, but I hadn't got my head totally around
the concept of Itr: Kind 8.

This helps alot, just awesome.
Trust you're all well.
Thanks given by: