Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
If we plan a larger story, which will be updated from time to time (liek Phil's or Zabobula's), could we have two threads for it?
One for the story itself and one for discussion, because imo the whole story is much more coherent and readable without random posts between individual chapters.
Thanks given by: Alblaka , Bamboori
i was thinking about making a discussion thread before i posted my thread. Though i am not sure why i didn't do it. Probably cause it ment effort.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
erm, suggestion: add the new chapters to the first post in a new spoiler or so and post in the discussion (later in the thread) that there`s a new chapter...?

[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Kinda disagree with that one, actually. I don't see anything speaking against two threads. Also, there is a post-length-limit, which longer stories will very likely exceed causing everything past character #X being cut off. If I remember correctly, the database limits a message-length to 216-1 bytes (aka. 65,535 characters). Possible to enlarge it, but, imho, useless.

So yeah, I'm for the two-thread-solution. Makes things much easier to systematically ignore the discussion-thread if you only want to read the story as well ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Divisor
^Yep. One of my stories has exceeded that limit, making me unable to post it altogether.
Anyway, the story section isn't one of the most active ones and a discussion thread wouldn't hurt too much. Though it's not like there are masses of people who comment stories. I'd say you should make a discussion thread if you really think there is stuff to discuss about. Like if you can puzzle over something etc. You may do what you like, though.
Thanks given by: