Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] item that summons
? 
okay im pretty new and maybe this has been asked before if someone could direct me to where i could find some help it would be appreciated but is there a way to make an item transform or make a character show up i got the idea while i was online and a stupid pokemon ad popped up and thought it might be fun to try to make....
Thanks given by:
just add an opoint tag in the frame of the item you want, most likely the 'on the floor' frames. or you can use state: 8XXX
im not too sure where you should start because i dont know how much data changing you know, so this might help; http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...ence-pages
and this; http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...s?start=26
well you'd need some knowledge of data changing but when you get the hang of it, its not that hard
and welcome to LFE :)
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
thank you and id say im just getting the basics down i have experimented already with the transform state and i have a few probs but i can figure them out its more fun that way
Thanks given by:
I recommend replacing ALL "on_ground" frames with a relink (wait:0/next:xxx) to the "summon pokemon" frame (xxx).
That's the way i usually create weapons with special effects upon hitting ground and it works quite flawless.
(You could download my Ninja Tales chars and check Fusej's "Sky/Ground Shuriken" move, it includes this technique.)
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: fumbles666
just in case someone is interested into what i ended up doing i followed alblaka's advice but changed the first "throwing" frame instead of all of the "on the ground" frames the reason for this is because for me when the item fell from the sky and hit the ground as soon as it stopped bouncing it transformed into the character
Fumbles666
Thanks given by:
if you would still like it to only transform once its lying on the ground after throwing (not after dropping)
you can also make the item spawn itself held by a wpoint inside the throwing frame (opoint kind 2 - the way freeze summons his sword)
and then the held part does what you want inside the on ground frames

if the item is not thrown it will not hold itself yet, thus no reaction in the on ground frames

can get a lil tricky but its the most efficient way to achieve that i think
Thanks given by: Alblaka
That would probably work better if i wanted to give it more style if you know what i mean but it was just a random idea that i wanted to test and being a data changer in training i needed help.
Fumbles666
Thanks given by:
creating an item that summons i never seen but you can modifye(sorry about the english) john's heal ball changing the oid so that isntead of summoning a ball that heals you summon another character of your chosing.
Thanks given by:
But the character summoned like this, will have infinite HP.:p
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
actualy its doesnt at least i killed my oponents one

Thanks given by: