Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Stab with a paralyze?
Would it be possible to make an attack that quickly dashes "through" the enemy, leaving them both paralyzed for a second, then the enemy falls down and loses HP?

Like some cheesy anime attack where a person quickly stabs someone, then the person falls down due to the injury.

I was thinking that maybe the attack would somehow be possible through cpoint?
Thanks given by:
Maybe bringing them to dance of pain and then hitting them with an "invisible" tiny itr with one or two damage.

That is:
Damage the opponent just so he goes to dance of pain
Do a short & fast move in a frame where your sprite is invisible
Hit them again with a tiny itr.

Should work.
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by:
You talking about something like this? (Click to View)
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Yes,Sir frog idea work.
For ball which hit add fall: 60 and state: 3006,then this ball who have attacked the enemy,will opoint (with facing: 1 so it can go in the opposite side with ball) an invincible ball and fall: whatever you want (state: 3000 ,but you need to add all other parts for a ball state: 3000,which are hi,hitting and rebound).

But there can be a more easy way.When you ball (state: 3006) attack (with fall: 60) your enemy,it opoint a ball which don't move.This ball which don't move,stay a second and in the next frame,it have an itr which attack the enemy and in this frame,you use next: 1000,so the will be disappeared.(use state: 3005 for this ball,so it don't have shadow)
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2011, 04:13 PM)Marshall Wrote:  
You talking about something like this? (Click to View)

That's almost exactly what I mean, but I want the opponent to stand still as if paralyzed after the hit. Then, a second later, he falls down like in the GIF.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2011, 03:36 PM)Kenert Wrote:  Would it be possible to make an attack that quickly dashes "through" the enemy, leaving them both paralyzed for a second, then the enemy falls down and loses HP?

Like some cheesy anime attack where a person quickly stabs someone, then the person falls down due to the injury.

I was thinking that maybe the attack would somehow be possible through cpoint?

Haha the idea is awesome. I understand what you mean by "cheesy anime attack" as i myself is an animemaniac lol

Anyway, SirFrog's idea would be of the least work. However it doesn't look like what happens in the anime where the character is completely stunned.

There are many ways to do this. I would create an invisible ball that travels along with the character than it will grab (with cpoint) the enemy for a while, do some damage then let go :D

Thanks given by:
Alternatively, you could also make the character attack, spawn (during the attack) an object which will do no damage whatsoever to the opponent; yet, with a very low arest-value, hinder him from moving at all, thus "paralyzing" him.
The start could be realized by adding an itr/k8 to this object so that it will stick to the opponent (some tricky alignment required or the main char may not have a bdy during those frames), constantly keeping him busy with arest: 1 (+/- 1), injury: 0, fall: 0 (or -1). Similar to this time-stop-method-thingy.
Then, after a certain time has run out (that could, maybe, be realized inside the object itself via hit_a & hit_d), this object is going to deal the actual damage with a high fall-value so the opponent will be knocked towards the ground (I am not quite sure if the system allows the character's internal fall-value to go into negative values, but if it does, you'd need a ridiculously high value to ensure that this char is really falling down for sure). Armed characters play, once again, a different role in this. Can't think of a suitable way to smash them down instantly but I guess this can be added fairly easily.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2011, 07:03 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Can't think of a suitable way to smash them down instantly but I guess this can be added fairly easily.

fall: 70 + bdefend: 70 will smash down everyone and break every weapon (into stones). Even works on Julian...

Just grap Striker, charge up and attack him head on :D
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Oh, I get it. You want to make a move that run across the enemy and hit him but he won't fell down. When the move is over, he continue another move to make the enemy hurt and fell down. Right?
Some char from R-LF2 might have a move similar like this.:D
Sorry I can't help.:(
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
To be honest - I didn't understand a single sentence of what Blue Phoenix said.
I'm still a novice in DCing, so I basically only know how to copy frames and change them.
Could anyone explain it to me, so that a total n00b would understand?
Thanks given by: