Poll: should i keep these exceptions or search for a way to enable immunity on those too?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
keep them
47.37%
9 47.37%
find a solution
52.63%
10 52.63%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alf2 - current state: fire/ice affinity exception
Have another idea for weapon:

1) Freeze has a special body on his frame 200. (ice frame, normally it has a wait: 2)
2) Weapon7, opoints a type-3 ball tike this:
    DC-Code:
<frame> xxx catcher_ball
   pic: 999  state: 3005  wait: 2  next: 1000 dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 0  centery: 0
   itr:
      kind: 3  x: 0  y: 6000  w: 1  h: 80  vrest: 7  
      catchingact: 1000 1000  caughtact: 0 0  
   itr_end:
<frame_end>

2.a) The problem is; "In which frames weapon7 opoints this ball?"
2.a.1) Normally it should be frame 24 for a type1 object.
2.a.2) But everychar uses weaponact: 24 even when they don't attack.
2.a.3) For example louis.dat; frame 101; rowing frames uses weaponact: 24.
2.b) How can we stop this?
2.b.1) We can create a fake on_hand frame for every type1 object.
2.b.2) And we can change the "weaponact: 24" of all the characters in their "normal_weapon_atck, jump_weapon_atck, run_weapon_atck, dash_weapon_atck"

If we can do these these will happen:
(08-22-2011, 01:13 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i dont know whether that can get us up to 4 different reactions - but even if, the sword will still lag on every swing
1) This problem will be solved because we didn't changed any itrs.
2) Freeze will be quick frozen, caught and dropped. So it can be a cool exception for weapon.
3) It doesn't matter if another char uses the weapon. It will act same for everychar.

If we want to leave freeze in standing frames;
(08-20-2011, 10:43 AM)YinYin Wrote:  yes its possible to do that but it will only work properly for chars of the same height (79 because most have that)
julian and knight will cause problems
basically because using a vaction that doesnt have a cpoint will act as if its cpoint is at x: 0 y: 0

So i wish it helps...

And i have a little question:
Do you want your flame to hurt teammates?
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: YinYin
if i do it that way i will still get the same damage (freeze is supposed to get less damage cause he doesnt get frozen)
also i will get the freezing sound (and possibly shatter effect? i don't know)
not to mention that freeze doesn't get knocked out yet which would allow others to hit him quite often with the sword (a fix would be letting the cpoint drop freeze instead)
but cpoints are generally too buggy - i try to avoid them if i can

you still gave me an idea to at least stop freeze from getting frozen (just what you are trying now - without different damage)
an itr kind 8 inside the first freezing frame of freeze that will very quickly transport him into injured frames if he was just hit by an ice sword (opoint with invisible character bdy inside the sword - similar to what you suggested but no cpoint)
that might be more fluent and better to tweak

i will try it

edit: also i do not want the inferno to hit team mates of course - thats what the original flame does and also what it does now
Thanks given by:
(08-24-2011, 11:49 AM)YinYin Wrote:  if i do it that way i will still get the same damage (freeze is supposed to get less damage cause he doesnt get frozen)
You can add an extra frame between 200 and 201 so you can get get rid of dound and looking like semi-frozen for a short time.

(08-24-2011, 11:49 AM)YinYin Wrote:  but cpoints a generally too buggy - i try to avoid them if i can
Yes itrk8 is better but I know you can create a com-logo-free state with hexing. (I know you hate com-logo in there)

(08-24-2011, 11:49 AM)YinYin Wrote:  you still gave me an idea to at least stop freeze from getting frozen (just what you are trying now - without different damage)
an itr kind 8 inside the first freezing frame of freeze that will very quickly transport him into injured frames if he was just hit by an ice sword (opoint with invisible character bdy inside the sword - similar to what you suggested but no cpoint)
that might be more fluent and better to tweak
If you want a less injury decreasement; You can add a new frame to freeze which it gave freeze extra health. (itrk8 will make the freeze come here for a very short time)
For example; sword has a injury: 50; your freeze as a hp: -20. (I know that is used with mp: tag but i don't remember details) By this way you can decrease every itr in header by a predetermined number.

[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
negative mp tags only work to gain mp - and that also only if the frame was activated through a hit_ tag
so my only option to manually fix this up afterwards it to hit freeze with a negative itr
but thats a really shabby solution
Thanks given by:
(08-24-2011, 12:00 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  
(08-24-2011, 11:49 AM)YinYin Wrote:  if i do it that way i will still get the same damage (freeze is supposed to get less damage cause he doesnt get frozen)
You can add an extra frame between 200 and 201 so you can get get rid of sound and looking like semi-frozen for a short time.

Maybe this would work better:
    DC-Code:
<frame> 200 ice_extra #this frame is changed from normal <frame> 200
   pic: 55  state: 15  wait: 0  next: 390  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 18  y: 45  weaponact: 20  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 10  y: 9  w: 55  h: 68
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
<frame> 201 ice_normal
   pic: 9  state: 13  wait: 90  next: 202  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 20  y: 55  weaponact: 35  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   itr:
      kind: 14  x: 8  y: 6  w: 67  h: 73  vrest: 1  
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 8  y: 6  w: 67  h: 73
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
<frame> 202 ice_normal
   pic: 8  state: 15  wait: 1  next: 182  dvx: -4  dvy: -3  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 18  y: 44  weaponact: 20  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 8  y: 6  w: 67  h: 73
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
<frame> 390 ice_normal_frame_200
   pic: 8  state: 13  wait: 2  next: 201  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 18  y: 45  weaponact: 20  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 10  y: 9  w: 55  h: 68
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

You should add itrk8 to the ice_extra.
U should use pic: 55 in there.
It will prevent him to look like semi-frozen for a moment.

1) By adding my ice frame sequence to freeze, everytime freeze is frozen, shatter effect will act.(EDIT: It's not True)
Because in every <frame> 200 ; It's hardcoded in HEX...
2) I discovered something!
2.a) If there isn't "a frame with state: 13" after <frame> 200; shatter effect acts!
2.b) So we can change the state: 15 to 13 in <frame> 390!
2.c) It solves the shatter problem!

If u want to see original freeze ice frames to compare; (Click to View)

Semi-offtopic: @Nave: :mad: Why are u voting it for letting these as an exception!!!

In this case, freezing sound is not important. It may stay as an exception for ice sword:D
Thanks given by: YinYin
I worked on fire (immu-affi)nity and here is a video of fireballs with Firen:
lol Davis is there for proof:D
Fireballs (Click to View)
I worked on flames too but I was doing smthng wrong.
My Mistakes (Click to View)
Here is a data snippet of changed flame itr:
    DC-Code:
<frame> 1 flying
   pic: 1  state: 15  wait: 1  next: 2  dvx: 3  dvy: 0  centerx: 1  centery: 47  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 6  y: -99027  w: 34  h: 25  dvx: 10  dvy: -10  fall: 1  vrest: 300 bdefend: 16  injury: 8
      effect: 5 
   itr_end:
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 6  y: 27  w: 34  h: 25  dvx: 10  dvy: -10  fall: 70  vrest: 300 bdefend: 16  injury: 85  
      effect: 21
   itr_end:
<frame_end>

What is different from original?
-state 18 changed into 15. It took fire sparkles away but it doesn't hurt its teammates anymore. And I know that YinYin can add them with some simple DCer touches:D
-I replicated and added "-99000" to all itrs and "fall: 70 to 1" and "injury: 85 to 8".
And here is a body point example for Firen: (Click to View)
And here are semi-working(almost perfected) videos:
In this vid, itrs has fall: -1
In this vid, itrs has fall: 1
Burning of Firen is juuuuuust RANDOM!!!!!!!
I don't think it's fixable but I'm here for you to prove me wrong:D

**You can download my datas and "cleaned firen_flame.bmp" from here: >>CLICKY<<
Here is some inf about my datas:
-I've changed just "standing, walking, running, injured" frames of Firen.
-Firen is immune to just Fireballs and Flames.
-I've cleaned some dirty pixels and "looping bugs" from the firen_flame.bmp.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2011, 11:45 AM)xmfcx Wrote:  -state 18 changed into 15. It took fire sparkles away but it doesn't hurt its teammates anymore. And I know that YinYin can add them with some simple DCer touches:D
state 19 did the job

(09-03-2011, 11:45 AM)xmfcx Wrote:  Burning of Firen is juuuuuust RANDOM!!!!!!!
the special bdy needs to be before the original bdy
like the special itr is before the original itr
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2011, 07:08 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(09-03-2011, 11:45 AM)xmfcx Wrote:  -state 18 changed into 15. It took fire sparkles away but it doesn't hurt its teammates anymore. And I know that YinYin can add them with some simple DCer touches:D
state 19 did the job
Yes, that state creates sparkles too...
(09-05-2011, 07:08 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(09-03-2011, 11:45 AM)xmfcx Wrote:  Burning of Firen is juuuuuust RANDOM!!!!!!!
the special bdy needs to be before the original bdy
like the special itr is before the original itr
Yes, I was forgatten that. Probably that would fix that...

(08-21-2011, 09:58 AM)YinYin Wrote:  the problem with firens inferno is that these frames would generally allow self hits due to their state
but the fire effect used there is special so that this doesn't happen, however any itr that does not have this fire effect will not only hit teammates aswell (other firens/firzens) but mostly hit firen himself when he walks into the flames
this is something i cannot put up with

Is that fire effect means->> sparkles?
Was the flame problem->> Just a state which creates sparkles but not hit teammates???

I have a last question for you: Is this flame problem solved?:s
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2011, 09:04 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  Is that fire effect means->> sparkles?
Was the flame problem->> Just a state which creates sparkles but not hit teammates???

I have a last question for you: Is this flame problem solved?:s
the states are what create fire sparks/smoke

everything else: yes
(08-22-2011, 06:39 PM)YinYin Wrote:  somehow the last time i tested changing 18 to 19 inside the flame frames it didnt work
this time it did ... 19 does not allow team hits
lets see whether it withstands further testing

so - forget about the fire for now
think about the ice sword

Thanks given by: