Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowser
I didn't find any Nintendo character in the downloads section, except Mario. So, I decided to make Bowser. The sprites have been taken from M&L: Bowser's Inside Story. This is my first submission. I hope you like it.

BTW: I think Bowser is a bit overpowered, plz give constructive suggestions!
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2012, 07:22 PM)erbuslayer Wrote:  if its your sprites its looks good but havent tested it xD
Are you blind? Can you not read?
(01-14-2012, 07:13 PM)SuperBowser Wrote:  I didn't find any Nintendo character in the downloads section, except Mario. So, I decided to make Bowser. The sprites have been taken from M&L: Bowser's Inside Story. This is my first submission. I hope you like it.

EDIT:
I've tested it and yes he's overpowered.
First off, the readme is wrong for the moves. Defend should always come first.
Also Banzai bill doesn't exist.

The punch punch punch - basic attack is extremely overpowered. it deals like 85% off damage.

there are a lot of data centerx and centery issues in the character as well.

Paragoomba's wings don't flap. When Bowser carries heavy objects he's in his shell.
wpoints are wrong.

But I guess this is just a beta. Just fix up some of these issues and he'll be a pretty good char ;)

EDIT x2: I got the Banzai Bill to work. but only after I do a roll (aka run then defend > J)
Thanks given by: SuperBowser
Yep, just like Bash said, he's over-powered all right. Well, what you can do is decrease the speed a bit and the damage.
Off-topic:
I kill that guy many times with Vegito Big Finish. Xd

Edit:
Oh, and the read-me is MH-Razen not MN. :P
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by: SuperBowser
(01-14-2012, 07:41 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  
(01-14-2012, 07:22 PM)erbuslayer Wrote:  if its your sprites its looks good but havent tested it xD
Are you blind? Can you not read?
(01-14-2012, 07:13 PM)SuperBowser Wrote:  I didn't find any Nintendo character in the downloads section, except Mario. So, I decided to make Bowser. The sprites have been taken from M&L: Bowser's Inside Story. This is my first submission. I hope you like it.

EDIT:
I've tested it and yes he's overpowered.
First off, the readme is wrong for the moves. Defend should always come first.
Also Banzai bill doesn't exist.

The punch punch punch - basic attack is extremely overpowered. it deals like 85% off damage.

there are a lot of data centerx and centery issues in the character as well.

Paragoomba's wings don't flap. When Bowser carries heavy objects he's in his shell.
wpoints are wrong.

But I guess this is just a beta. Just fix up some of these issues and he'll be a pretty good char ;)

EDIT x2: I got the Banzai Bill to work. but only after I do a roll (aka run then defend > J)

Thanx for the feedback!
1. I fixed the README.
2. For the wpoints, I dont have any idea what to do. :s
3. The Banzai Bill works fine on my computer.
4. I also reduced the attack power.
5. As for bowser carrying objects, while being in his shell, I couldn't find sprites to fit it better.

Attached Files
.zip   Bowser.zip (Size: 803.92 KB / Downloads: 48)
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2012, 05:48 PM)SuperBowser Wrote:  5. As for bowser carrying objects, while being in his shell, I couldn't find sprites to fit it better.

just cut and paste some of the sprites. Like the walking and the throwing frames.
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2012, 07:36 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  
(01-16-2012, 05:48 PM)SuperBowser Wrote:  5. As for bowser carrying objects, while being in his shell, I couldn't find sprites to fit it better.

just cut and paste some of the sprites. Like the walking and the throwing frames.

Next Update! Bowser carries objects with his hands now. The paragoomba also flaps his wings.
The Banzai bill also has a better death animation.

Attached Files
.zip   Bowser.zip (Size: 691.07 KB / Downloads: 38)
Thanks given by:
couldnt unzip the newest version for some reason, tested the last version - found teh same bugs as bashcrazy. Basic idea is ok, readme is also fine now. "Shell Roll" didnt work for me. If you do some fixes so he`s not overpowered and dont have graphical bugs I could submit it.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
(01-20-2012, 10:23 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  couldnt unzip the newest version for some reason, tested the last version - found teh same bugs as bashcrazy. Basic idea is ok, readme is also fine now. "Shell Roll" didnt work for me. If you do some fixes so he`s not overpowered and dont have graphical bugs I could submit it.

I uploaded the newest version again, as the the previous update was corrupted. I also changed the jumping pose to look better.

Attached Files
.zip   Bowser.zip (Size: 698.2 KB / Downloads: 46)
Thanks given by: