Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Chasing ball always facing right. And Hp adding.
Just got an idea. May be kinda buggy, but still.

We create type: 0, that is able only to run (or walk very fast), we make it hold a weapon, so it will be not intrested in picking up other weapons. It will still follow enemies, and we can set exact speed. We set body of the character somewhere high in the air, so nobody can hit it, but we can remove it after a time.
We attach ball with itr/kind: 8 to the chara - it will not change its facing.

The only problem I see is that the ball will still be able to win a battle for us after our death and we can't move it on y-axis very well (such as firzen's chasing ball).

Shall work in theory?
Thanks given by:
Would it be possible to make the chase-ball an invisible character and then stick its graphic on with an itrk8?

EDIT: Oh, sorry Gad, I didn't see your last idea. just to be clear, I'm talking about still having it move like a chaseball. having it move with a character would make it avoid itrs. and you probably don't want that.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by:
avoid itrs? what can AI do to avoid itrs? it only block and jumps, and if we block that possibilities, it will act just like a chase ball
Thanks given by:
it was pretty annoying to read this thread till i saw yinyin's post (i understood the problem from gad's first post)

@Problem 1
if my dcing memory is correct, you can still use yinyin's first solution (etc. data, i think state 9997). it allows 80 px of the sprite to actually go beyond the camera's bounds before it "sticks" to the screen.

i checked your sprites (using paint.NET, zoom and select), and the widest (second to last) is 80 px. so theoretically if you just make the w: to 80 (79 if you want to be safe), move each sprite in range, and play with centerx-es, the laser shouldn't be visible (though you'd have to check this for the widest sprites (and check the widest down-left and down-right shooting sprites)).

p/s: i'm giving my solution in terms of minimizing effort (both my thinking and your doing)

Azriel~
Thanks given by: Gad
(02-14-2012, 07:43 AM)Azriel Wrote:  i checked your sprites (using paint.NET, zoom and select), and the widest (second to last) is 80 px. so theoretically if you just make the w: to 80 (79 if you want to be safe), move each sprite in range, and play with centerx-es, the laser shouldn't be visible (though you'd have to check this for the widest sprites (and check the widest down-left and down-right shooting sprites)).

it doesn't help because this acts differently on left and right border
on the left it will show the whole regardless of its size (from the left border)
and only on the right it will show the first 80px of the sprite
(btw this is a really annoying feature because it fully demolishes any other use for it:
both hiding the stick to border and fully sticking sprites of any width to the border - it always has to be 80px for proper symmetrical functioning...
unless you ever want to stick larger image only 80px away from the left border ... why would you do that?)

so you can hide it on the right- but not on the left

did anyone read my second post? i think there are chases that don't physically turn around (itrs etc) so you can still use the mirror sprites to make them static, both visually and physically

EDIT:
this is why you are all trying too hard - faking something the game already has ...
    DC-Code:
<frame> 0 noflip
 pic: 0 state: 3000 wait: 1 next: 1 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 53 centery: 24 hit_a: 1 hit_d: 2 hit_Fa: 3
 itr: kind: 0 x: 53 y: 12 w: 45 h: 24 dvx: 20 fall: 20 arest: 6 bdefend: 10 injury: 30 itr_end:
 bdy: kind: 0 x: 53 y: 12 w: 45 h: 24 bdy_end:
 bpoint: kind: 0 x: 53 y: 12 w: 45 h: 24 bpoint_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 1 noflip
 pic: 1 state: 3000 wait: 1 next: 999 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 53 centery: 24 hit_a: 1 hit_d: 2 hit_Fa: 3
 itr: kind: 0 x: 53 y: 12 w: 45 h: 24 dvx: 20 fall: 20 arest: 6 bdefend: 10 injury: 30 itr_end:
 bdy: kind: 0 x: 53 y: 12 w: 45 h: 24 bdy_end:
 bpoint: kind: 0 x: 53 y: 12 w: 45 h: 24 bpoint_end:
<frame_end>

not even the bpoint gets flipped (watch it- a blast with blood stain just before it starts to fly off/disappear)
absolutley nothing gets flipped
Thanks given by:
So it actually is harder to make itr of ball being flipped, than not being flipped?
Geezus.
So we can simply use hit_Fa: 3 to make it happen? + flipping mirrors
Thanks given by:
no
its only a matter of what kind of chase you are using ...

try out a few more things next time
there are only a certain amount of chases/states/kinds/etc to use

edit: actually no flipping mirrors required here
Thanks given by:
So what does actually make it non-flipping.
Thanks given by:
i thought it's the hit_Fa: 3 from the boomerang but have not tested this thoroughly
i suggest you to simply take these frames and edit them towards your needs
if it starts to flip at some point take a step back in what you edited and see if it stays again
Thanks given by:
Actually I don't need this feature anymore, at least for now.
But I will surely use them in near future.
Thanks, looks like this is solved entirely.
Thanks given by: