Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Frame problem
Hello guys ! Thanks for reading me ;)

I actually have two little problem that i can't resolve ...

The first one is on an attack. It only play the first frame. I checked lines and it seems ok for me.. maybe i missed something..
heres the code :

DC-Code:
<frame> 235 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 41  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 236  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 24  y: 27  w: 40  h: 52
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 236 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 42  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 237  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 237 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 43  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 238  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 238 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 44  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 239  dvx: 6  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 8  y: 31  w: 68  h: 48  dvx: 4  dvy: 0  fall: 70  vrest: 3  bdefend: 30  injury: 25  effect: 1
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 8  y: 30  w: 68  h: 50
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 239 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 45  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 240  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 240 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 46  state: 1  wait: 1  next: 241  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 241 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 46  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 242  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 242 attaque basique suite 2
   pic: 46  state: 1  wait: 1  next: 999  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 26  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 12  y: 13  w: 32  h: 66
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

Only the 235 frame is played when i attack.

My second question, is why on my created charas, when they "spawn" on map ( on the beginning of the fight ) they are just invisible and unhittable and i juste have to move or something else to make them appear ( and then they work correctly. )

Thanks you guys, see you later !
Thanks given by:
for the first...
I copied your DC, and it works fine... All the frame is played as well...
Have you put the hit_Fa or something else...??

for the second...
I have same problem with you, at the beginning of the fight my char go to jump_attack frame then back to standing frame...
And it happen when I push the jump button, my char become invisible and unhittable...

Then I checked on the *.dat file, before the jump frame, i put a <frame> 209 *** without <frame_end>...
Then, i added the <frame_end> and it solved...

At your case, may it same with me, check the previous frame before the jump frame (210)...
Because, at the start of fight the character will start with the jump frame...
Thanks given by:
Regarding the first issue, check if there is a duplicate set of frames inside the dat (Ie. that there are 2x frame 236). If that's not the case, try replacing the spaces in the frame-names with underscores "attaque_basique_suite_2").

As for the second problem, I think, that is related to a next: 999. Are there any notable differences between the crouch-frames of your character vs the original ones?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
The problem is still here.

Quote:Have you put the hit_Fa or something else...??

There's no Hit_Fa for that character for now...

Quote:At your case, may it same with me, check the previous frame before the jump frame (210)...

The creation of the chara is not complete. I deleted all frame and make them one by one. Haven't done the jumping frame yet.

Quote:Are there any notable differences between the crouch-frames of your character vs the original ones?

Haven't done crouch frames yet.

heres the complete DC of the attack. ( A 3 part attack )

Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 10:22 AM)Pymousse Wrote:  The creation of the chara is not complete. I deleted all frame and make them one by one. Haven't done the jumping frame yet.

Well, as I know, some frame can't be replaced like standing, walking, running, etc... (correct me if I wrong)

Here the list of frame that basically all the characters have

When I make a char, I just edit the template.dat then add some frame to the empty frame (after frame 234 or other empty frame, like between falling frame and ice, there are 8 empty frames)

And based on your 2nd DC, did you really use frame 9 for an attack, instead for running? :s

And my suggestion, if you start from an empty dat, try to fill the basic frame first (standing, jump, normal punch, etc)
Then add some special moves as many as do you want... :)
Thanks given by:
erf do i always have to respect order of frame ? Like 3 frame for standing etc .. ? I would like to delete running and make walking the running part .. but if i have to respect order of frame, that must be impossible .. so i have to remake my chara ... thanks btw ! ;)

PS : And do you know how to delete weapons ?
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 01:14 PM)Pymousse Wrote:  PS : And do you know how to delete weapons ?

Just delete the weapon id on data.txt, if you want to use it again somewhen...
Delete the weapon that have id : 100~199, with type: 1 for light weapon (stick, hoe, etc), type: 4 for ball, type: 2 for heavy weapon (stone), and type: 6 for drink (beer and milk)
Well, you wouldn't delete the last one, they are useful... :)
Thanks given by:
If you don't have any jump frame, then it's not surprising that your character "disappears" until you move. (Same thing happens if you have a next: "xxx" which leads to a frame which doesn't exist.) Frame 212 it is, I believe.

And to your other problem. I'd really suggest to base your character on another character data-wise (preferably template), so that you already have the basic frames. Those are namely hardcoded (means when you press attack, you go to either frame 60 or 65, when you run, you go to frame 9 etc.).
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Okay !
Thanks you all for answering me ! ;)
Good LF2ing !
Thanks given by: