Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] A picture in the middle of the screen (stage mode)
Summary:
I wanna summon a screen sized picture in the stage mode. It will appear for 10 seconds then disappear and the player will continue his game. How am i suppose to keep the picture inside the screen even of the camera moves from that place?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Have you tried state 9997 (+ dvy 550)?
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(07-30-2012, 02:30 PM)Ramond Wrote:  Have you tried state 9997 (+ dvy 550)?
Yeah, it doesn't work. It moves in one of the directions. It also appears in the wrong spot.( i read that u need to have the picture equal or less than 80 pixils and the pic i am using is much bigger).

Thanks given by:
(07-30-2012, 02:34 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  ( i read that u need to have the picture equal or less than 80 pixils and the pic i am using is much bigger).

Well read again. It only means that if the picture appears beyond the right edge of the screen, only the pic's first 80 pixels are displayed at the right edge. If you spawn the pic at the absolute position x: 0 (or even further left) I'm positive it should work...

In any case, elaborate what exactly didn't work when you tried that method...
Thanks given by: A-Man
Oh, so i was suppose to summon it at x: 0 when I didn't mention the x value at all (appear from right)... Thanx man!. Its working now. Solved.
Well, I am facing another problem now. I want to make it appear in front of everything else. How am I suppose to do that? The object is type 5, state 9997.

Thanks given by:
If you can manage, immediately move the picture on the z-axis upon creation as far down as possible. (Not sure if hit_j works with type 5, if it doesn't, then spawn a t3 object which first moves as far down as possible on the z-axis, which then creates the picture.)
Thanks given by: A-Man
I made a t3 ball with a state 3000 frame, id 995 and hit_j: 99 and next(ed) to another state 3000 frame which opoints my state 9997 t5 picture. I summoned that t3 ball, but still it won't appear in the right z position. What did i do wrong?

Thanks given by:
Depending on where the initial object is spawned (on the z-axis), a one-frame hit_j 99 (which is 49 pixels) might not be enough if you have a large background.

Not sure if a hit_j higher than 99 works. If that doesn't work, you probably need to let the object move on the z-axis for longer than one frame. Check the zwidth of your background, then you'll know what the maximum distance is that the object needs to move downwards.
Thanks given by:
Thanx. Everything is working now.

Thanks given by: