[BG] Retro HK Stadium

download

Original Post (Click to View)

Thanks given by: Marko pro
i was waiting for it

please add the crowd on the ranks
they are actually the same as in HKC so i guess you can use those
Thanks given by:
I don't want sound like a jerk but im kinda disappointed, the title in and of itself hipped up my expectations.
Upon seeing the last two backgrounds i was impressed with the re-makes.
I would like to see this bg improved drastically if not equal to that of your previous bg's
that type of quality and freshness needs to come back! it's COOL!

~so don't disappoint ;)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Thanks Luti, i'm really glad that you enjoy my works. Especially that i'm still not satisfied in 100% from them. I even already started remake of Lee On Road, and then going to do the same with Sunset. But back to current bg: well, i hope for help, this bg is really simple so idk what exactly i have to do to make it looks better.
Update:
[Image: rhks2.png]
YinYin: oh, i thought you don't like this crowd on tribune (empty hk coliseum). Firstly i tried to put there little edited version of original tribunes from hkc, as you said, but that wasn't look good, so i started to making my own, but before i'll put these little guys on every place, i want to ask is it looks good.
And also thanks to you, for interesting on every my background.

Thanks given by: Gespenst
ahh, blue color, its killing my eyes.
its very sharp to my sensitive eyes
EDit: sorry hari but this doesnt look retro style, its more halfass job
Useful
Thanks given by:
I like that you're doing all these retro backgrounds, very nice! :)
Here are some things I came up with:

I think you could improve a lot by changing the floor and the wall seperating the audience from the fighting ground (?).

Make the wall a little less bright and a little less detailed. These 2px wide lines... make them less visible. And maybe add a very subtle bright-blue color fade into the background, to indicate a little more depth.
Add simple shadows to the people in the audience, but I guess the audience isn't quite done yet anyway.

EXG9 is right, the blue is a little too "sharp". Make the floor brighter and a little less saturated. Also, these horizontal lines are a little too distracting. I don't know.

Here, I made a very crude mashup of what I just said:

EDIT: Does this BG have scrolling?
Thanks given by: The Hari , LutiChris
(10-09-2012, 07:00 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  EDit: sorry hari but this doesnt look retro style, its more halfass job
Ahhhh, so offensive :( But remember it's still unfinished and i wanna improve it a lot yet. I hope later you 'll enjoy them :D About "retro": i'm calling these bgs in that way, just because they're from LF1, but want to keep them in LF2 style.

Thank you Lauli.

Thanks given by:
Iam sorry if you find this offensive, just as its now its dont look good, so i hope youll make a better work than now ;)
Useful
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 06:42 PM)The Hari Wrote:  Firstly i tried to put there little edited version of original tribunes from hkc, as you said, but that wasn't look good, so i started to making my own, but before i'll put these little guys on every place, i want to ask is it looks good.
And also thanks to you, for interesting on every my background.
well each figure on its own looks pretty pathetic
but as a crowd with a gradient as in HKC or laulis example and animation they are ok
(10-09-2012, 07:00 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  ahh, blue color, its killing my eyes.
its very sharp to my sensitive eyes
EDit: sorry hari but this doesnt look retro style, its more halfass job
he starts off with the original lf1 colors - of course with such high contrast they cannot meet the aimed at lf2 style
you could certainly add one more sentence on how you would fix the problem you see - that would make your correct observation a little less blunt ;)
(10-09-2012, 07:08 PM)Lauli Wrote:  EDIT: Does this BG have scrolling?
the lf2 version certainly should have
Thanks given by:
Here's just a request: can you make the audience member's melee characters? like bandit, jack and hunter...etc
if you decide on implementing them, make sure to have them as less detailed as possible but recognizable and like lauli said tone down the colors sop that it's not so concentrated in the distance.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Lauli , The Hari