Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your greatest mistake ever?
Well, everybody makes mistakes. They can appear everywhere - also at datachanging and spriting.

Now, I want you to post the greatest mistake, you have ever made in datachanging or spriting, here.
(this should be a statement what happened with a sprite if necessary)

That gives others the chance to learn, how to avoid this situations.
Always when you damage others, you damage yourself.
[Image: Motto.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not making backups or notes on very difficult/long/experimental processes
applies to anything - most ppl quit entirely once they happen to make such a mistake and mess up

i have no idea what other 'mistakes' you could expect
Thanks given by:
One time I gave Rudolf a new move. This was an explosion. The data
was in dennis_ball.dat. I worked 2 hours on it and when I wanted to test
it, I pressed the deinstall exe of lf2 by mistake and the whole game became deleted.

A big:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!"
was my answer. Since this day I delete every deinstall exe from the LF2s
wich I want to modify.
Always when you damage others, you damage yourself.
[Image: Motto.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have to agree there. If you're doing graphics and forget/mess up on a step, it can be very hard to undo your mistake. Double-checking may take longer initially but in the end you may save more than 2 hours. Datachanging-wise it can be quite similar, and like YinYin already said, there are many people who are not very patient and give up. So, take you some more time, and therefore you'll get the result you want :)

Jurassic just gave me another idea...
Often times, you accidentally overwrite your files and when you see it, it's too late => create backups
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
My greatest mistake was my old mod. TLF2. Those who played it will tell you why. I won't.
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
I think my biggest mistake is accidently uninstall lf2 :D (seriously)
Solution: delete the uninstaller :d
Thanks given by:
Agree with Zhym. I once just finished a new move for a character and I was like yes yes yes! then when I clicked uninstall I was like ARH WTF NO CANCEL BUTTON!

[Image: woopuserbarcopymb5.jpg]
[Image: chelseafcfancopyta4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My greatest mistake??? I had around 15-17 mods of LF2 and all deleted by mistake. I was just Horrifed. Now I have them almost all back
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2008, 12:22 PM)sadbhav Wrote:  I had around 15-17 mods of LF2 and all deleted by mistake.
(08-12-2008, 07:45 PM)Jurassic Wrote:  I want you to post the greatest mistake, you have ever made in datachanging or spriting, here.
how is that related?
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2008, 12:43 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(08-13-2008, 12:22 PM)sadbhav Wrote:  I had around 15-17 mods of LF2 and all deleted by mistake.
(08-12-2008, 07:45 PM)Jurassic Wrote:  I want you to post the greatest mistake, you have ever made in datachanging or spriting, here.
how is that related?

Sorry^^'' I actually had made a LOT of sprites there and bang all gone
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by: