Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with id() when using DLL Framework
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with my AI if I use an .exe file patched to load the DLL framework posted here (or any modification of it). Basically, when I run such an .exe file, I am told that the AI is building, and the ego() function works normally, but the game ignores the id() function I have and uses the basic AI instead. If I use an unpatched .exe, however, the id() works, so I don't think it's an issue with my AI file.

If it helps, I was trying this with the .exe posted by Lord Silva from this page.

Edit: Sorry, posted the wrong DLL framework thread

Edit 2: Oops, I just realized that I was using v2.0 instead of v2.0a. I tried using 2.0a and everything's working perfectly now.
Thanks given by:
That DLL framework is obsolete. Rather, use http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7927 (where you just stick the DLL in your LF2 folder and voila).
I don't know much though, I just thought it would be neat to get an answer within an hour.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the quick reply.
I already have the ddraw.dll in my directory, though, and I thought that was entirely separate from the DLL framework and served only to have LF2 read the AI files. Or is it possible to modify the ddraw.dll to implement the functions from the DLL framework? I apologize, I'm not very familiar with how the dlls work.
Thanks given by: