Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Siegvar's Sprites
Reorganised again.

Highlights: (Handpicked as my favourites)
[Image: KiryuinSatsuki.png][Image: Eira_2.png][Image: nick_samurai-1.png][Image: nick_samurai_small.png][Image: tifaalt2.png][Image: frozensieg.png]
Revamps:
[Image: mina_animation2.gif][Image: revampmako.png][Image: revampTiger.png][Image: revampFyrena.png]

newer sprites (Click to View)
older, and imo, not so nice sprites (Click to View)
Even older sprites under the alias HC (Click to View)
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Dr. Time
hey, good to see there is a little bit of enthusiasm left in you ;)
the sprite is very good, very cartoonish too (thats neither good or bad)
the shading is really good, please show us MOAR!

edit: do you use bases or anything? do you use a tablet?
Thanks given by:
Oh dude !!! That was awesome ! Why do you shading so good ?If you start spriting him,he'll very good .Add my Y!M : dangduytruong96 to teach me how to do that
My Release Project (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
@Alectric:
This first one was cartoonish coz I was too lazy to go into details.
I was working mostly with a 2px and 3px brushes, and never really went down to 1px brushes except for the eyes, hair and the gold trimmings, which isn't the norm.

I use a tablet to speed things up, and its pressure sensitivity helps me manage "sub-pixels" as well.

I don't use bases anymore, though I do occasionally take references for stuff like eyes, arms.. and the less commonly drawn regions of the body like the back view stuff(which doesn't figure into standing poses, only other frames in a sheet)

@truongdzuy and others who make similar requests:
There is nothing I can teach that anyone cannot learn from simple observation and practice, since that is also what I did to be able to do what I do now.
My only advice:
Step 1. read up a little on Shading, Human Anatomy, Perspective before you start.
Step 2. Make a full character sheet, using template as a base. (Give him some flesh, hair, and clothes. Simple ones.)
Step 3. Repeat step 2, increasing the overall quality of the sprites this time. If you cannot do that, repeat from step 1 again. Do this as often as it takes.
Misc Steps. Exchange pointers, tips and tricks with other spriters who've had experience making sheets.
Misc Steps 2. Check out the tutorials made by the other spriters in the forums.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Thanks given by: truongdzuy
very awesome sprite dude!
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
Thanks given by:
[Image: abel.png]
Abel from SFIV!!!! and a second version to show off his muscles. lol.

Well.. actually I was just doing some LF2 anatomy practice, but decided to turn him into Abel! (That explains why the muscles aren't as overly exaggerated as they are in SFIV)

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Thanks given by:
Nice sprites, as usual :p

Quote:There is nothing I can teach that anyone cannot learn from simple observation and practice, since that is also what I did to be able to do what I do now.
My only advice:
Step 1. read up a little on Shading, Human Anatomy, Perspective before you start.
Step 2. Make a full character sheet, using template as a base. (Give him some flesh, hair, and clothes. Simple ones.)
Step 3. Repeat step 2, increasing the overall quality of the sprites this time. If you cannot do that, repeat from step 1 again. Do this as often as it takes.
Misc Steps. Exchange pointers, tips and tricks with other spriters who've had experience making sheets.
Misc Steps 2. Check out the tutorials made by the other spriters in the forums.

I did step 1, misc step 2, misc step 1, then 3, and at last some 2 xD

But seriously, that is the best "tutorial" on how to be a spriter that you can get. Any sprites' quality related thingy is considered a tip for me.
Thanks given by:
WOW, the 1st sprites are ok, and all...
but i was very impressed with the 2nd sprite, so he's a Warrior/Mage?
Very Impressive with ur work so far... :)
I really consider you to make a char out of him... :D
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
[Image: berserkerbandit.png]
Weee!!!!

Com's been dead for a week. lost all my old files. Annoyed me to no end.
Made this sprite to destress.

Started out with just a hunched over pose.. then as usual.. after throwing in the musculature I just gave it some simple garments.
Looks kinda like a bandit leader or something to me. lool.

Next time I'll try giving more thought to the design before starting the sprite.

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Thanks given by:
Wow , that was amazing . Look good !!!
My Release Project (Click to View)
Thanks given by: