Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
The A-Engine: A new Beat 'em Up game engine
Classical; blue for bdys and red for rects. And no, there shouldn't be a limit to how many rects and bdys you can have, but you wouldn't want to have +20 of them for the sake of performance (20 rects looped on and checked on say 50 bdys on the screen would make a 1000 cycle).

As for the minimize button, I was thinking of just getting the default windows frame back.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
~Bump
So I was coding a training dummy for a game I am working on (One Piece A-Edition), and I thought I need to have it move for testing purposes :P. This whole flying thing is literally one frame making use of the engine's rotation, registers and holding inputs! (you hold forward or back to control your flying direction, and up and down to move in the z-axis)

Code:
[f=20] #FLY!
|IGNOREGRAVITY|NOSPBAR|NORPBAR|
img=0 delay=2 center=49,99 hit_ground=10 y_vel=-14*&cos{$a$} x_vel=-&sin{$a$}*14 z_vel=0 goto=2 z_hold_vel=2
set_transformation[center=49, 58 rotation_angle=$a$]
set_combination[sequence=(h<b>) goto=20 set_reg=$a$, 3+$a$]
set_combination[sequence=(h<f>) goto=20 set_reg=$a$,-(3-$a$) ]
set_combination[sequence=(h<j>) goto=20  ]
[/f]

$a$ registers the angle, and it increases or decreases when either Back or Forward are held. The angle is used in the set_transformation[] frame component to rotate the sprite, and in the x_vel and y_vel tags as a parameter of sin and cos to divide the total flying speed (which is 14) into an x-component and the y-component which causes the dummy to fly in the angle's direction. The |IGNOREGRAVITY| switch makes our object not affected by gravity, and the other 2 switches just remove the redundant bars since it's a training dummy.

Thanks given by: Shiya , Rhino.Freak
Damn nice lol, the Dummy be like "Weeeeeeeeeeee!" :P
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Got another question. Will it be possible to create area where characters would act as with |IGNOREGRAVITY| if they normally don't have this tag?
Thanks given by:
It's not implemented yet actually, but that has been on my todo list for a while now. The plan is another area-of-effect frame component where gravity can be set to whatever value, 0 in your case.

Thanks given by: Shiya
Your work is truly, truly, truly outrageous. ^^ Mind sharing your to do list?
And may I ask if you're planning to release beta or something any time soon? My 64 basic characters are waiting. xD
Thanks given by:
Is this game lf2-based?
Thanks given by:
@Shiya: Ah! It's just a mental todo list, really :P. But the plan as it has always been for the A-Engine is to have it capable of doing anything one would want to have in his beat 'em up game.
As for the release, I still can not specify exactly when the A-Engine is to be release, but I can say it will be coming shortly after releasing the first A-Engine-powered game I am working on, One Piece A-Edition. One Piece A-Edition has got a release date announced already, 11/1/2015, and I will probably post a thread here when it happens.

@firzen35: What we're discussing here is not a game, it's a game engine to create games. It was generally inspired by LF2's modability though.

I have just released a small demo for the game I am working on: One Piece A-Edition; the first A-Engine powered game by Team-A. I will probably post here later after I fix some stuff, but if you're in a hurry, you can try it out here.

a problem can't download it the media fire link doesn't show help plz.
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by: