Posts: 1,173
Threads: 54
Joined: Mar 2008
crap... I would have voted but the voting never worked for me... If Eddie is still counting, I'll go for psycho and apoc
| The Lost Global Mod edited this post 08-10-2010 02:50 PM because: |
| i would have put a reset but everybody said there is no need :S |
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/c_fire004/imi1.png avatar by Una
the other by xFire
Posts: 667
Threads: 18
Joined: Jul 2009
08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2010, 02:59 PM by Eddie.)
Unfortunately, the results are out Marshall - they're on the front page.
Voting ended :P.
Eddie
| Marshall edited this post 08-10-2010 03:02 PM because: |
| don't want to share your third spot with Apoc? *joking* |
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
Posts: 1,201
Threads: 26
Joined: Apr 2010
(08-10-2010, 02:47 PM)Phil Wrote: the leg part is made up by you right? Yeah, your pics had only up part so i had to make them out of my head, but, they turned out pretty good so, yeah
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
Posts: 2,421
Threads: 74
Joined: Feb 2009
I might do bamboori...but who knows... :P
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Posts: 510
Threads: 10
Joined: Jun 2008
Marshall Wrote:don't want to share your third spot with Apoc? *joking*
A 3rd place would ruin my 1st and 2nd place pattern, it's ok like this. lol.
Congrats to winners and thanks for the votes :p
(Btw, I'm not reading PMs very often, I can only check the forum as a guest via a web proxy from my computer... I can only enter in this account from another computer, not mine.)
| The Lost Global Mod edited this post 08-10-2010 04:04 PM because: |
i am missing the part where you say "i will draw phil" 
to your problem.. did you try deleting cookies, cache or using another browser? |
Thanks given by:
Posts: 2,654
Threads: 113
Joined: Mar 2008
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2010, 04:11 PM by Bamboori.)
based on
![[Image: attachment.php?aid=1091]](http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/attachment.php?aid=1091)
its a bit old, but its the best for a lf2 char :P
sprite:
![[Image: blok7wz59v5vwh1ut.png]](http://666kb.com/i/blok7wz59v5vwh1ut.png)
somehow i imagine him always making that expression :P
didnt come out that good. may do another sprite which is more looking like his old ava (you know, that epileptic template thingy).
@edit: i didn't say the opposite
Posts: 152
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2010
08-11-2010, 01:02 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2010, 06:04 PM by PsychoPixels.)
[Remaking a new version, too much competition. XD]
Representing Phil, based on his cat avatar. Now he's ready to kick a** with his boxing gloves!
I was aiming for a cartoon-like style, so a basic shade has been added, didn't go any further than this.
Edit: Thanks for everyone who voted for me. ^_^
@Phil: Well, I didn't want an oversized cat with a giant head to exist. :P
| The Lost Global Mod edited this post 08-11-2010 10:48 AM because: |
one thing.. which bothers me.. why am i so freaking small?  |
Posts: 510
Threads: 10
Joined: Jun 2008
08-11-2010, 01:22 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2010, 03:07 AM by Apocalipsis.)
Phil Wrote:i am missing the part where you say "i will draw phil"
to your problem.. did you try deleting cookies, cache or using another browser?
Yeah, I cleaned cookies and cache, tried to enter with Internet Explorer (I usually use Firefox). I can enter every other page normally, too. It's not something related to my account as I can enter with other computers, so I'm guessing it's my IP.
Related to the sprite contest: We can sprite the user anyway we want, right? (Real life pics, or based on avatars, signatures, etc)
@ Bamboori
You'll have to work hard to please YinYin :p
Edit:
Phil's Rage mode: ACTIVATED...
| The Lost Global Mod edited this post 08-11-2010 10:47 AM because: |
OMG INSTA VOTE! ~ Blue Phoenix
hm.. you could always try an ip changer or hit bp until you get the solution as to why your ip is kind of "banned"  |
Posts: 1,201
Threads: 26
Joined: Apr 2010
(08-10-2010, 12:35 PM)Phil Wrote: wuhuu... maybe someone can make me.. chances are slime but the hope is there haha. Already three guys have sprited you
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
Posts: 431
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2008
(08-11-2010, 01:02 AM)PsychoPixels Wrote: ![[Image: 15xsaiq.png]](http://i36.tinypic.com/15xsaiq.png)
Representing Phil, based on his cat avatar. Now he's ready to kick a** with his boxing gloves!  mmm... boxing gloves.
(08-11-2010, 01:22 AM)Apocalipsis Wrote: Phil's Rage mode: ACTIVATED...
![[Image: philj.png]](http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2020/philj.png) WHERE ARE THE BOXING GLOVES!!!!!
lol. I think the boxing gloves would go well with that hat and tie to make him look epic and epic-ly hilarious.
And... that sprite of phil is just too awesome. can't think of anything to beat it with.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."
My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |
1) DO NOT PM ME
2) Go read up on anatomy and proportions online. (google is your best friend)
3) Go read up on pencil sketching-shading.
4) Practice by making FULL character sheets. (Refer to bases and references if you have to, occasionally try doing things from scratch. You have to mix both methods; bases and without.)
5) DO NOT be an arrogant, self-righteous prick when people try to give useful critiques, and ignore the ones who are flaming idiots. (Flaming them back makes you one of them.)
6) Repeat steps 2 to 5 until you're happy, or you think you're good, then start sharing your knowledge with your fellow spriters.
7) Showcase your sprites. At first, do not be discouraged when you don't get any critiques, or lousy/generic critiques. Continue practicing and showcasing your work. With more sprites, it will be clearer what your strengths and weaknesses are, and people may be better able to give you better critique.
Lastly, if you think saying all this makes me an arrogant, self-righteous prick who is too selfish to share his knowledge...
Then I say you cannot recognise wisdom when I've just slapped you in the face with it. (Also, those steps are the same steps I used to get to where I am, I don't know any way else to truly learn.)
Unless you think its worth my time, go F*** yourselves. I'm not going to bother to even reply to PMs like "can you help me make this character?" anymore.
Thanks given by:
|