04-06-2015, 02:16 PM
(04-06-2015, 02:07 PM)Doctor A Wrote:(04-06-2015, 01:32 PM)STM1993 Wrote: instead of meaningless "I prefer X over Y" without reasons.But isn't art supposed to work like that? Art doesn't have a set of rules to be followed, even though there are some common stuff that can, but not necessarily, make a piece more appealing than another. A less experienced target like me for instance failed to mention specifically why he prefers Ariel's over Marko's, but I could later realize it was partially because of what you've mentioned about the shading. More people where I live like pizza more than burgers, but it's mostly because "it just tastes better", even though they both often contain wheat, meat and cheese. Similarly, a more successful art piece is one that appeals to a broader audience.
but that doesn't mean you have to go anonymous. Just say what feelings that drawing gives you. You don't have to say reason why.

Chat
