Poll: PICK YO FAV(S)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
@Arcane [Image: Nash.png] > [Image: mono1_by_janisarcane-davfjhi.png]
7.14%
1 7.14%
@Cabba [Image: MageV2monolithrevamp.png]-->[Image: prD2Ksb.png]
28.57%
4 28.57%
@Mono [Image: Nash.png] > [Image: u42Yltf.png]
50.00%
7 50.00%
@JoHo15 [Image: lFRylG5.png]>[Image: o9y9inO.png]
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revamped Sprites (52%)
(04-07-2013, 05:02 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  torso too long for siegvar's sprite??! are you kidding me?? okay am not trying to be rude or anything here.. but not because you are in love with an lf2 style these days trying so desperately to show it thru your sprites doesnt mean others have to follow the same style.. that is siegvar's style and his sprites were always like this,

dont be mad, am just saying.. sometimes (imo) ur being picky about some sprites, and ur demanding some standards you can even do justice.

its my opinion, dont worry, I wont get mad :)
just I am saying, that for me it gives long torso feeling.
Yes, I am in love with lf2 style <3
Quote:that is siegvar's style and his sprites were always like this,
You are being half way wrong my friend.
[Image: abel.png]
[Image: frozensieg.png]
[Image: cammy.png]
[Image: desertbandit.png]

he have long and bit shorter torso sprites.
How bout if you would let him to say some words about his sprite style?

Yes, justice is what I am doing, but if its the one justice which I am looking for?
Useful
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 05:13 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  
(04-07-2013, 05:02 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  torso too long for siegvar's sprite??! are you kidding me?? okay am not trying to be rude or anything here.. but not because you are in love with an lf2 style these days trying so desperately to show it thru your sprites doesnt mean others have to follow the same style.. that is siegvar's style and his sprites were always like this,

dont be mad, am just saying.. sometimes (imo) ur being picky about some sprites, and ur demanding some standards you can even do justice.

its my opinion, dont worry, I wont get mad :)
just I am saying, that for me it gives long torso feeling.
Yes, I am in love with lf2 style <3
Quote:that is siegvar's style and his sprites were always like this,
You are being half way wrong my friend.
[Image: abel.png]
[Image: frozensieg.png]
[Image: cammy.png]
[Image: desertbandit.png]

he have long and bit shorter torso sprites.
How bout if you would let him to say some words about his sprite style?

Yes, justice is what I am doing, but if its the one justice which I am looking for?
i miss the old Sieg's style
such a beautiful style ....
and now .... it's just like .... aghhh
better do not say "that word"
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by: Siegvar
So, oddly enough I had a hard time voting. Eventually, I voted for myself and JoHo. Unconventional, but there are logical reasons behind it, which I'll explain when I edit this post (Or make a new reply, depending on the time) for Comments and Critiques soon (Probably end of the week, kinda in crunch mode in school right now).

Anyway, I'm quite surprised quite a few people don't like my new style. I thought the new style would be undeniably better. Well, now you guys got me curious, why? I can imagine a few possible reasons, but would like to hear your opinions in more detail.

[Image: Eira_2.png]
This is probably the only sprite I have that I might consider better in some ways to my current one.
[Image: revampmako.png] [Image: Eira_2.png] [Image: frozensieg.png] [Image: mina_animation2.gif]
side by side comparison of some of my sprites that I like better. Maybe you guys can comment on what you like and don't like based on these few sprites.

Anyway, @EXG9 & PF:
I don't exactly have a fixed style. I experiment and change styles quite frequently.

and @EXG9:
Quoting PF: "...and ur demanding some standards you can even do justice."
I believe its a typo and is meant to be "...and ur demanding some standards you can't even do justice."

Which means to say your own sprites don't live up to the standards that you use to evaluate other people's sprites. Its a kind of saying, that has nothing to do with Justice.
Just FYI.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: qwertz143
would people please stop bitching around every time sieg shows up?
I mean yeah he is awesome, really awesome.. actually veeery awesome *slaps himself* ok, but that doesn't mean you have to quarrel or argue about every time he shows up.
Like every sprite has his own style (or develops it over time), every human being has his/her own taste, some have similar tastes but still not the same. It's like not every human being the complete same (yes i also mean twins, i know twin sisters, who look the same but have different ways of acting, slightly different voices and personality are different too)

Also I believe Sieg can speak for himself, so stop defending him all the time dear Prince_Freeza!
else what sieg said about his style.

==================================================================
//////////////////////////////////////////////OFFTOPICNESS BE GONE///////////////////////////////////////////////
==================================================================

uhm so yeah.. I actually only liked Prince_Freeza's sprite and Siegvar's sprite.
Prince_freeza's mainly because i generally like his style and he has executed it once again (nearly) flawless in my opinion. For Siegvar's, in my opinion its the best sprite of this certain character, only flaw i can tell is that maybe the upperbody is too fat/big or rather just seems like it. Might be because of the (our) right hand posture.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: Gespenst
Siegvar has created various spirtes with different proportions, why do you keep saying that he's out of his old style.

Anyway he blew you all up :D.
Thanks given by:
So, when I vote for revamped sprites, I mainly look at these criteria:
- Revamp should be a significant improvement over the source sprite.
- Revamp has to look good generally.
- Its nice if the revamp has a different style that suits the sprite concept, and is well done.

[Image: 5GS6Y.png] > [Image: 783319wizard.png] The Heskey
Not an improvement over the source. Nice to see new people trying spriting though, keep at it.

[Image: 11Nzg.png] > [Image: ossiee-shooting.gif] Bla bla bla 44
Sprite is good, but improvement over the source is marginal. The shading style and proportions are very similar, but yours still has short arms and tiny hands. Hair is definitely a bit better though, but that alone isn't enough.

[Image: YEebl.png] > [Image: mYLZCuT.png] JoHo15
Sprite style is clearly different, and is also nice enough to be considered an improvement. The pose is much more dynamic, although the anatomy suffers a bit (one shoulder looks somewhat dislocated, the hair looks more like a mop/tentacle thingy)
Overall because the feel is good and the style is different, interesting and clearly an improvement, I voted for it.

[Image: khpXs.png] > [Image: RvOzIN7.gif] qwertz143
Not an improvement.
Proportions are worse
Shading is kinda flat
Special effect looks badly done.
Try to pay attention to basics first.

[Image: C1AXH.png] > [Image: 29qo8w2.png] The Hari
Style is different, but its hard to say if its an improvement. Shading is technically better, proportions are different but reasonable and interesting. But the pose is awkward.

[Image: uOKnDwS.png] > [Image: 7ChlNC5.png] prince_freeza
This was a tough one. Sprite quality is obviously up there, but so is the source sprite. Proportions are a little more consistent, and generally the sprite looks better. However, the lightning in the source sprite is more believable, less like plastic toys trailing up the arms. I can feel the tingle just looking at the source sprite's lightning.
As purely a sprite, this would be the best of the lot, not counting mine. Unfortunately, as a revamp its not that much nicer than the source, so it lost the vote.

[Image: m6FU3.png] > [Image: revampmako.png] Siegvar
Awkward to give myself critique, but here goes.
Clearly an improvement from a technical perspective.
However, after hearing that its actually from Legend of Korra, I went to take a look, and find that my sprite has become another character altogether.
Still, as a sprite its clearly a revamp and better.

[Image: 7C1Y3.png] > [Image: LlpTRcA.png] Marko pro
Style is clearly different and interesting. Its reasonably well done, but its hard to say whether its overall better than the source sprite. No vote.
In general, this more detailed shading style suffers when you don't know your anatomy and surface contours(angles and direction of the various surfaces). Your legs look very much like odd cylindrical blocks because of that. The shading techniques itself is decent, its just that it reveals your weakness in anatomy and surface contours.

[Image: m6FU3.png] > [Image: PEylKvj.png] Me'n'Mine
I like the improved shading and pose, but the proportions of the legs are too skinny, and the shading on the legs are a bit too intense, making it seem disjointed from the rest of the sprite. No vote. Tough call too though, considered long and hard about whether or not to vote for it.

PS: If there's a new round of this revamp thing started within the next week, I'll probably join. (hint hint, my old friends, lets have a fun round of competing again) Otherwise this is the last you guys will see of me in awhile again. :P
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: qwertz143 , ossiee , MnM , Marko , JoHo15
(04-08-2013, 04:44 PM)Siegvar Wrote:  Anyway, I'm quite surprised quite a few people don't like my new style. I thought the new style would be undeniably better. Well, now you guys got me curious, why? I can imagine a few possible reasons, but would like to hear your opinions in more detail.

[Image: Eira_2.png]
This is probably the only sprite I have that I might consider better in some ways to my current one.
[Image: revampmako.png] [Image: Eira_2.png] [Image: frozensieg.png] [Image: mina_animation2.gif]
side by side comparison of some of my sprites that I like better. Maybe you guys can comment on what you like and don't like based on these few sprites.

Personally, I too like your other sprites - especially the one you consider somewhat best yourself - better than your new one. The reason, I believe, is that you achieve so much with so little. They are... toned, somewhat mellow and don't rely on overly sharp contrast or flashiness to make an impact.
Not saying that your new one does, but it certainly is different in that regard. Add in the lighting (strongly saturated, reddish shadow for the arms etc. It doesn't feel natural to me without knowing the lightsource) and you have a sprite that is much more 'popping', much more 'in your face' - so to speak - than your previous ones, which I consider more pleasant to look at and also, in a way, more elegant.
Now, all of that is personal preference of course, and I do like some aspects of the new sprite better. The face for one, and in general also the idea of having less neutral lighting, though not as extreme.
Just my two cents.

Thanks given by: Gespenst , betitngoan
i like ur new style way more
u need to show another sprite by this style cuz this one gets way more details, greater colors
i just love this one
true that the sprite u mention are better but try to make few more sprite with this style believe me its waaaaaaaayyy better
i love how u did especially the pants and the hair also the skin colors i like them more than regular
so in my opinion u should keep this style and maybe "train" more with him not that u need some train but we need to see some more of this style :D
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: MnM
(knew I forgot about something!)

So, congratulations to the winners:
  1. Siegvar
  2. prince_freeza
  3. JoHo15

Now, it's time for somebody new to get revamped! :D

And this particular person is....

*drumroll*

*louder drumroll*

*even louder drumroll*

*ear-blasting drumroll*

*drumroller has been shot*

*empty silence*

SILENCE? FEAR NO MORE, FOR IT'S TIME FOR....

Reaper
Requirements:
  • One entry per member.
  • Your sprite must be based off that user's old sprite
    ...and don't forget to add in the old sprite as well when ur done with your entry
  • You can't remake a re-made sprite you or someone else already made.
  • Recoloured sprites wont be accepted.
  • Size: no bigger than 158x158.
Please submit your entry before Wednesday, May 1st!!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: qwertz143 , ossiee , betitngoan
[Image: companion.png]-->[Image: 6DedSiy.png]
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]