Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tolerance and behavior in this forum
*nodding at BP:s post*
*thinking about Daviddung*

But that I mentioned is however kinda useless to discuss as he never posted again xD

Hmm... Maybe I should go and delete / update some ratings. But I agree with Scorpion, though. And it would be redicolous having to go and update all bad reps every week. Just a waste of time to do it often.

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
Yes, but some of then need some light :D

When i was new i didn't made such mistakes.
Working Hyuuken
[Image: promotionfr6.png]

Motivocional Phrases (Click to View)
BRAZIL

Thanks given by:
(11-15-2008, 02:19 PM)Scorpion Wrote:  If you think that giving somebody a -1 rep is the wrong way and there isn't any use for it,
why don't you simply disable this function ?

It's ok that people can give negative reps, but some give them too early. They don't give others the time to correct their mistakes. For some people, it's ok though, because they make the same mistake over and over again. I'm just talking about 1-to-3-posts-people that have had no real time to get familiar to the habits in here.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Quote:Just for comparison, forgetting to search the mainsite first results in +10% warning level. That isn't really a big deal. A reputation of -1, however, is a big deal. Getting out of that reputation is really hard. Other members know that you've done something wrong, read it, and judge you even harder. As soon as you do your next mistake, your reputation goes further down. We have this warning system, and we (aka. staff) use it. There's no need to -rep others for minor offenses.
I completely agree with this specific part.

Punishing a new member for a mistake is complete and utter backseat moderating, the idea that you feel obliged to act as a "mod" and rate and judge other users simply because you feel more experienced by them is pig disgusting and we should hand out bans for such future behavior, if not even completely remove the reputation system.

In my eyes the reputation system was useless and distasteful to begin with. If you look around now it seems to actually matter to people, which really shouldn't be the case, because a post should be judged individually, disregarding from which user it came. Post content > the user, in any case, and if that is understood then the quality standards for posts is higher. This is probably one of the most problematic things about individualistic forums, okay.

Pointing out someone's mistakes is very very rude by the way, and there's a reason us staffers have the possibility of issuing warns while you guys have a big fat report button you should be using if you really feel the urge instead of working through the reputation system. It's our job to keep the forum clean, it's your job to behave. Janitors like me are pretty much just users with a few extra priviledges that make sure everything's okay, while any other members are just responsible for playing nicely. It's nice to get some help such as reported posts that save people like me the trouble of checking through various topics making sure everything's okay.

Guigs Wrote:Yes, but some of then need some light :D

When i was new i didn't made such mistakes.
The only posts you're responsible for are your own, I really can't stress this enough.
Thanks given by: KadajNoir
Thanks for the tips--changed all those mentioned to neutral.

Although there is a reason for my sig.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by: KadajNoir
Thanks, for all your opinions.
And i'm glad that so much users agreed with me.
I hope i could change something :D
Thanks given by:
OK, how about making it impossible to add a -1 / disable rep to somebody when that person is below [insert fitting number] posts?

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
thx Noir, you finally posted what i thought myself.

quote='snorsorbet' pid='22193' dateline='1226822219']
OK, how about making it impossible to add a -1 / disable rep to somebody when that person is below [insert fitting number] posts?
[/quote]

a good idea indeed.. but don't you think that the people who give a bad reputation should learn?

if we make this, someday there will be people who just wait until the member has enough posts and then give him the bad reputation.

it's the people that should learn.

and what do you think is the fitting number?
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Guys, didn't you read?

(11-15-2008, 07:39 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  I don't really want to come up with a tool now which only allows reputation from 10 posts on or so, I just hope some users see their behaviour is intolerant and kinda hard and change it!

@topic: I'm afraid I don't have any specific opinion on that :/
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(11-16-2008, 09:35 AM)19POtt92 Wrote:  a good idea indeed.. but don't you think that the people who give a bad reputation should learn?

that's why I (like Cirno also mentioned) don't want to make any module for this. Actually we are the guys who finally give other members a reputation so maybe we should rethink this... force somebody to do this with a module isn't the right way
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: YinYin , KadajNoir