Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CHAR] Eta
[Image: 243ke9j.jpg]
Version 0.97

So, after a couple of weeks i finally finished this project:
E T A

Actually, did anybody notice what LF2 is clearly lacking? No, i don't mean lagfree onlineplay (though, wouldn't be bad either).
The answer is: FEMALE CHARACTERS. Seriously, there's 1 of 30 characters female in LF2. And in all the modification we got everything... but females still are rare.
So, here is my first char to change this :D

Eta is basicly an (super-ueber-ultra) advanced Jan. Instead of just healing and spawning some random never-hitting yellow sparks, however, she can use MANY different moves...
Literally, she can actually has more moves then CLERIC! And that guy had a whole bunch of them.

As well, Eta contains a couple of neat DC methods, for example advanced T1-Usage, Upgrading, Teleportation between set points and a basic mp charge.
Take a look at the dat's, it's worth it!

You can consider Eta having somewhat about 40 moves.
They're seperated in Summoning magic (3 Portal-Types, all upgradeable) and Orb Magic. Latter one consists of her ability to charger her orb in 9 different elements, each of them enabling 4 different attack moves.
And there's the MP charge, making it 3+4*9+1=40 moves.

If that's enough to make you downloading her... check the Screenshots :D
[spoiler=Prepare for horribly sized pictures of ingame-secret-material][Image: oscoxf.jpg]
Mana - Mana Disk

[Image: vcuyx3.jpg]
Fire - Hell's Rain

[Image: 23r1t1z.jpg]
Ice - Ice Spike

[Image: 1zq5746.jpg]
Electricity - Electric Ball

[Image: w7j402.jpg]
Poison - Poison Wave

[Image: 2ij101x.jpg]
Stone - Stone Shield

[Image: 1f712s.jpg]
Light - Angel's Blessing

[Image: nb7ser.jpg]
Void - Ghost Strike

[Image: 21b3qsg.jpg]
Darkness - Shadow Blast

[Image: 28wi9nd.jpg]
And one of the various portals...[/spoiler]

And here's the most important thing (which i nearly forgot):
THE DOWNLOAD LINK

Btw, please refrain from posting "Ow, looks great, i'll download it!" but rather FIRST download it and THEN post. If possible even add a "think" between both steps ;)

edit: New download link (replaced old one), now contains mirrored sprites. If you don't know what that is, just ignore it, will work both ways :D Thanks@Simoneon for mirroring it
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
A stupid question
how do I switch between modes? I'm stuck in fire. How can I change to normal or electricity or something else?
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: betitngoan
Excellent excellent...

BUT I don't quite get how to re-choose your orb... for example I have chosen the fire orb by pressing A somewhere, and now I want electricity orb. What shall I do? D^A makes these fire stones from sky (although in readme it says that D^A changes to electricity, wtf?) :(

Confusing char omfg D:

Still, cool. I like it :p

Edit: haha, you just ninja'd me :p

no problem, makes me feel less stupid, to see someone else with the same issue :P ~ Marshall
actually I have solved for myself it already - to summon orb you press A+combination, and if you want to resummon it you have to fall down and redo that... Now discovering any other way besides falling to be able to resummon, haha :p

still I agree, that was unclear in readme... - Simoneon
Thanks given by:
Actually, DJA will drop your current orb, as well ^^' No need to get yourself killed/laid/injured

at D^A = Electricity - thingy

A casual move list for Eta would look like this:

D>A
DvA
D^A

are all special attacks referred to the orb you're actually using.

A is either an attack, or, if you don't have an orb, the orb-summoning.
In this summoning, D>A....DvJ etcetc can choose the orb you want to summon. Btw, summoning orbs takes mp, whereas Mana/Fire/Ice are rather basic orbs with less mp cost... if you don't have enough mp, D^A will still summon Fire ^^ (as LF will ignore D^A and turn it into A)

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
okay, after dropping the current orb, how do I summon other orbs other than Fire? I tried pressing a load of combinations as per readme but nothing happens most of the time :P I managed to change into the pink energy one at some point, but that's about it really. Am I missing something?
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
(12-17-2010, 08:34 PM)Marshall Wrote:  okay, after dropping the current orb, how do I summon other orbs other than Fire? I tried pressing a load of combinations as per readme but nothing happens most of the time :P I managed to change into the pink energy one at some point, but that's about it really. Am I missing something?

Probably...

You press A once if you dont have a orb to start the summoning (now, various orbs should blink up in your hand). THEN you press a input combination of the desired element.

Btw, mashing the A button will always cause Fire Orb :P

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
okay, I finally figured out what's going on.

you press A first, then choose w/e mode with A/J/D>A/D^A/D^J etc etc. Somehow the readme wasn't quite clear :P

A few comments:
I won't talk about the sprites because we are essentially on the same boat when it comes to spriting haha. Nice to see a novel system coupled with advanced DC methods. However, when I play a character, I usually judge it in terms of creativity, design and "feel".

Creativity here is pretty good because you have devised a new system here and it's basically mage elements galore. Judging individual moves are not as compelling though because they quite standard in many ways. The one that stood out to me was the brick wall (or rock wall). Very clever. The rest is a bit meh though.

Design is the major flaw of this character. Moves of different elements tend to overlap each other (hard not to really because of so many modes, but how about decreasing the number of modes?) and there's just too many moves. Switching between modes is a convoluted process imo. Maybe I am missing something again. Is DJA meant to do something else other than mode switching? Eta is shaking more than a jelly pudding under an earthquake unless I tell her to stop. How about having the elemental orbs spin around her during DJA so she can choose the colour at 12 o'clock position instead of the current drop, then try-and-recall-the-input-for-rock, then input? The tweak I mentioned would make the system much easier to use and can partially neutralise the problem of having too many moves as well.

Feel is somewhat intangible. It's just the ease of which I command the character's action. Looking past the initial troubles I had in figuring out how to control the elements with Eta, the feel is still pretty bad. Make the choosing elements part easier would solve the problem.

That being said, the focus here is probably DC. But at the end of the day, we tend to look at the finished product, not the insides of it.
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Quote:Eta is shaking more than a jelly pudding under an earthquake unless I tell her to stop.
Mind uploading a video? That rather sounds like a bug then the actual mp charging effect ^^'
Btw, the orb-spinning-around her was supposed to be the Hell Move... not done yet, though xD
Quote:Make the choosing elements part easier would solve the problem.
Nah, i guess the main problem IS my lack of ideas for most of the moves (you may noticed, some of them are copying sprites from Striker, L4LD, LFG...)
As stated it was mainly a DC training for me to get rid of my anti-knowledge about T1's xD

Guess this isn't my masterpiece ^^'

Marshall edited this post 12-17-2010 10:56 PM because:
whoops, sorry, did not notice the MP regeneration part, my bad

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Look awesome
download later :)
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Bamboori
did u know that "ETA (Euskadi Ta Askatasuna)" is the name of a terrorist group?
[Image: header_W_jordis.png]
Thanks given by: Ariel