Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
opoint at different z position
#1
How do I make an object (a ball) appear at a different z position from my character who is shooting it?

I am trying to make a character fire 2 projectiles in front of him horizontally, but have one travel slightly in front of him (on the z axis) and the other travel slightly behind him (on the z axis).

If this isn't clear let me know and I'll try to elaborate.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Reply
Thanks given by:
#2
use hit_j: 49/51 (or lower/higher numbers) inside the objects frame where you want it to move up/down
Reply
Thanks given by:
#3
but I don't want it to move up and down. I want it to appear up or down and then make it move horizontally.
Reply
Thanks given by:
#4
then you have to make 1 frame with an invisble pic, make the ball move upwards, and in the next frame fly forward and do whatever your object does with normal pics
Reply
Thanks given by: Alblaka , Electric2Shock
#5
Well, you basically need to opoint either:
- one object that will then create two copies of itself that will (while being invisible) move on the z-axis for a bit and then become visible
- all three at once. Same concept as aforementioned. Spawn them as invisible objects, let them move, and then let them become visible. As those things can change their z-coord with up to ~50 units per TU, it won't really be too obvious on full speed ;)


SCREW YOU NAVE
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Reply
Thanks given by:
#6
Hmmm, OK
Thanks.
If I need more help Ill let you know.
Reply
Thanks given by:




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)