Poll: How was the char?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good sprite, good data
68.75%
11 68.75%
Good sprite, bad data
18.75%
3 18.75%
Bad sprite, good data
12.50%
2 12.50%
Bad sprite, bad data
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Bonu, RELEASE!
:'( is there any server from where i can dl stuff like that except the mainsite? Mad
any1 here in china too and know a solution? :(

E:those comments made me jealous! i want to try xD
Say Anything - Alive with the glory of love

My first char: a rudolf mod <--- waiting for comments

LF story reasonable beginning <--clicky (Dont u dare not to leave a comment!)
Story Progress (Click to View)

Fan of Jerry Hawks LF2 Fan movie, just epic animations~
Thanks given by:
try this

Attached Files
.zip   Bonuzip.zip (Size: 541.87 KB / Downloads: 61)
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Whaat , LSwarley
Whoa, in 5mins the attachment that Marshall posted has got 13 downloads D:
And even more guys downloaded it before in MediaFire/MegaUpload, thanks for your interest in this project :3
E: And now 23 :o whoa whoa.
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
arghhh! i hate my connection lol 10 kb\s max and it interrupts all the time ._. or at least in the evening it does..
seems like i have to w8 either way

well thx marshall for the effort and curse my internet xD
Say Anything - Alive with the glory of love

My first char: a rudolf mod <--- waiting for comments

LF story reasonable beginning <--clicky (Dont u dare not to leave a comment!)
Story Progress (Click to View)

Fan of Jerry Hawks LF2 Fan movie, just epic animations~
Thanks given by:
Good anyways :d. You did good in that rush state. IfI would have done some char then the results >_<.
[check blaze for some idea on what I am talking about]

Thats one of my fav. chars till now.
You forgot some of the hit_?? lines on the "defend" frame.

Just found a super duper awesome-to-my-enemies bug. When I was playing with Zack and he was doing first D>A then did D>J then suddenly wtf happened and a clone of Bonu came out and started attacking me [with 500 hp lol].

You should increase the damage for the bazooka. It is a rocket and rockets are no punches. IRL if you get hit by a rocket what would happen?
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by: Whaat
(07-28-2011, 05:17 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  You forgot some of the hit_?? lines on the "defend" frame.
You sure? I have those D:
Bonu defend frames (Click to View)
(07-28-2011, 05:17 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  Just found a super duper awesome-to-my-enemies bug. When I was playing with Zack and he was doing first D>A then did D>J then suddenly wtf happened and a clone of Bonu came out and started attacking me [with 500 hp lol].
That's becouse both of the chars use same id (16) D: you can't change Zack's id number cuz it uses ''clones'' in it's attacks, but becouse Bonu doesn't have any cloning moves, you can freely change his id number to smthing like 666 or any not used number you want D:
(07-28-2011, 05:17 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  You should increase the damage for the bazooka. It is a rocket and rockets are no punches. IRL if you get hit by a rocket what would happen?
Well, if it would be smthing like ''one-hit-KO'' move, it would take like all of your mana, and it would never be used so i think it's better this way.
-
But big thanks for liking the char :3
Thanks given by:
you overdid the smudging on his rolling sprites - it makes them too bright
the dash feels too high and short
jump attack looks super weak
i feel that the bomb boost should not hit when you aren't pressing attack
the bazooka could use some z controll - at least dvz: 1
and a push back dvx: -3 with dvz: -1 so if you are aiming up or down you slide back into the other direction

why did you not add the hit_ tags for his moves in his defense frames?
haha yes we are talking about the ones for his moves - the ones that do not have a 0 behind them

good work on the wpoints
i really like all the explosive basic moves (exploding punch/dash attack/bomb boost)

really great character
a little more tweaking and he is perfect

edit: maybe also a quick action to detonate all land mines at once
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2011, 05:40 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i feel that the bomb boost should not hit when you aren't pressing attack
At first it was like that, i had the same idea. But. It was super weak when it had no itr since every single little hit that hit him made him fall to the ground D: so i made a little itr so he would reflect atleast the weakest balls.
YinYin Wrote:the bazooka could use some z controll - at least dvz: 1
I thought about that too, but in the end i decided that it will not have any dvz so it wouldn't totally surpass dynamite_throw. If the bazooka had dvz, you would always use the bazooka, not dynamite, making the dynamite move go for waste :/
YinYin Wrote:why did you not add the hit_ tags for his moves in his defense frames?
Aaah, now i understood what electricshock meant :p well i have never needed those, i have played also some stage with this char but i have not needed them. Or i dunno, maybe i'm so bad player i don't see the difference?
YinYin Wrote:i really like all the explosive basic moves (exploding punch/dash attack/bomb boost)
really great character
a little more tweaking and he is perfect
Thanks, i really appreciate this when this comes from you :3
YinYin Wrote:edit: maybe also a quick action to detonate all land mines at once
I had that also at the first, but in the end it was never needed. If someone steps on the mine, it explodes, and mine_explosions w, h and zwidth are so small that i don't think it would really change anything?

Thanks given by:
(07-28-2011, 05:52 PM)Whaat Wrote:  
(07-28-2011, 05:40 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i feel that the bomb boost should not hit when you aren't pressing attack
At first it was like that, i had the same idea. But. It was super weak when it had no itr since every single little hit that hit him made him fall to the ground D: so i made a little itr so he would reflect atleast the weakest balls.
well all other leap attacks have the same weakness - i admit this one is a dash and thus stays on a pretty low level
but at least change it to effect 4 so it only affects objects and not characters
YinYin Wrote:the bazooka could use some z controll - at least dvz: 1
I thought about that too, but in the end i decided that it will not have any dvz so it wouldn't totally surpass dynamite_throw. If the bazooka had dvz, you would always use the bazooka, not dynamite, making the dynamite move go for waste :/
oh comeon - dvz 1 is really small - just to hit someone whos not quite on your line at distance
you still wont be able to hit a bunch diagonally close to you
YinYin Wrote:why did you not add the hit_ tags for his moves in his defense frames?
Aaah, now i understood what electricshock meant :p well i have never needed those, i have played also some stage with this char but i have not needed them. Or i dunno, maybe i'm so bad player i don't see the difference?
you just have a good keyboard then - some cannot punch in any three keys at once and get them recognized - thus they have to be pressed in order
and if there is no link from the defense frame you have to wait it out and pose a pretty target
the only move on the original characters with this drawback is woodys teleport
YinYin Wrote:edit: maybe also a quick action to detonate all land mines at once
I had that also at the first, but in the end it was never needed. If someone steps on the mine, it explodes, and mine_explosions w, h and zwidth are so small that i don't think it would really change anything?
well then make the explosions bigger for that case
Thanks given by:
Made some updates, get your own Bonu v1.1 now :o
Version updates:
-bazooka doesn't go only straight and the char goes little at back becouse of the power of bazooka :o
-bomb_boost doesn't hit any chars, only objects
-defending frames have now the hit_ thingys so casting the attacks is faster
How important it is to get this version?:
-Not very important, but if this is the latest version, you want to have it :o
Here's the attachment (hopefully):
E. Also starting post's links have been updated.

Attached Files
.zip   Bonuzipv1.1.zip (Size: 541.92 KB / Downloads: 34)
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock