Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mod] NTSD: Final Edition 0.1 [Released]
The key issues here is:
1. The work that belongs to the original NTSD team. (Sprites. Data.) And whether you have obtained prior permission to use them out of courtesy.
2. The murky perception of the differentiation between your NTSD: Final Edition in and the original NTSD.

1. As far as I am aware, which may not be totally accurate. All sprites and data in NTSD was created by The Nave and the rest of the original NTSD development team, and considering the amount of content, that has to be a LOT of effort and dedication put it.

It is simply a matter of courtesy and good ethics to ask the original authors for permission to use these things, before embarking on editing projects, especially when they authors are still easily contactable and the content in question is still relatively new. Try spriting a full character on your own and the difficulty that you'll definitely agree with this. Writing a single line of credit in general to the original creators simply does not cut it.
Otherwise.. you have no right to complain of them coming down on you and roasting the sh*t out of your arses with flaming comments... since after all.. that's all they can do to protect their own work(not their right to the characters and designs.. but their right to the sprite and data assets... which DO belong to them)...
Of course.. when that happens.. its a lose-lose situation for both parties.. so the obvious choice would be to go with the 1st option.
I don't care what you guys think is the morally right thing to do... it matters not in circumstances where most forms of laws are not easily enforceable.... only the consequences of all actions matter.
what's that I see? self contradiction? (Click to View)

2.The murky perception of the differentiation between your NTSD:FE, and the original NTSD.
This looks like a possible reason for The Nave's annoyance... and again.. whether or not its valid does not matter to me.. only the consequence of the lack of clarification. (And if you guys still have no idea what the consequences are.. its this stupid flame war where all parties are attacking each other on specifics that are endless... and that will not lead anywhere.)

Again.. this has a little to do with the generic credit line to the NTSD team... and largely more to do with your presentation of information on your mod.

a) You say your mod is an update to the original NTSD, however.. most users here have not had the opportunity to try the original NTSD...
which means... when you simply display gifs that are supposed to illustrate the updates.. but provide no gifs of the original content for us to make comparisons with...
inadvertently the bunch of idiots here will assume the whole thing is done by you... or assume varying degrees and ratios of credit and stuff.. the accuracy of which does not matter... only the consequence that there is the potential for unintentional 'stealing'.

This issue is furthur compounded by the fact that the name of your edit is NTSD:Final Edition. which has the tendency to imply that its an OFFICIAL ORIGINAL NTSD expansion or update... which in fact.. you have stated yourself... is not.
Again.. not totally your fault. its the fault of the internet for being populated with fools and morons. However.. being a participant in the internet... you have the opportunity to take the initiative to not join the ranks of fools and morons.... and account for their idiocity so that you may protect yourself from inadvertently inciting the rage of the non-idiots that you have based your project upon.

However... @THE NAVE:
This last bit is easily remedied on your part. Just release NTSD:THE ORIGINAL EDITION here again. I don't know if its been my lack of searching ability.. but I have not found any working links to your mod... whether on this site or elsewhere... however... if I can't find it... the rest of the forum likely will have difficulty finding it as well.... which contributes to the undue association of the bulk of what we see here to the Final Edition mod instead of your original NTSD mod.. as it rightly ought to deserve.

So, The Nave and Surik... as you may well consider yourselves not amongst the ranks of fools... discuss this sensibly and come to an accommodation of sorts on your own? I dare not propose any compromise as I am severely lacking in information on the mods in question.

Also.. where the f*** are our moderators?
I'm turning into one huge backseat mod and vigilante... which is largely against the rules... and not to my bloody liking.
I'm just a regular member here.. I ought to only have to kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride goddamnit!
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: betitngoan , Bamboori
(08-15-2011, 03:15 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  However... @THE NAVE:
This last bit is easily remedied on your part. Just release NTSD:THE ORIGINAL EDITION here again. I don't know if its been my lack of searching ability.. but I have not found any working links to your mod... whether on this site or elsewhere... however... if I can't find it... the rest of the forum likely will have difficulty finding it as well.... which contributes to the undue association of the bulk of what we see here to the Final Edition mod instead of your original NTSD mod.. as it rightly ought to deserve.

If you want a download link for NTSD 2.4, or NTSD II,or some NTSD 2.4 edit i found(with Asuma, Hinata, the 1st Hokage, the 2nd Hokage, and the 3rd Hokage and some other characters) just pm me and specify which mod u want cause i got like more than 20 mods of lf2 on my cpu(3 of them are NTSD, and about 8 of them are naruto mods.

You know it would be cool if u could add the 4th Raikage, The 3rd Tschuikage or whatever it's spelled, Mei the 5th Mizukage, and maybe the Hoshikage? Lol
Also Choji, Guy(or Gai), Ino, Pain(The one in in NTSD II), Zetsu, Suigetsu, Jūgo, and Obito would be cool.
Thanks given by:
Oh.. my bad.. regarding my point on NTSD not being on this site...
I completely missed out the "versions" section... having only concentrated on the "mods" section.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Thanks given by:
(08-15-2011, 03:15 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  The key issues here is:
1. The work that belongs to the original NTSD team. (Sprites. Data.) And whether you have obtained prior permission to use them out of courtesy.
2. The murky perception of the differentiation between your NTSD: Final Edition in and the original NTSD.

Wow,good post...
1) Yeah,I have received approval from two members of the team: Kentaru and boss
2) I'm not saying that this version will be better than the original, simply said all of its possible advantages.

Thanks given by:
(08-15-2011, 03:48 AM)slyarrow Wrote:  If you want a download link for NTSD 2.4, or NTSD II,or some NTSD 2.4 edit i found(with Asuma, Hinata, the 1st Hokage, the 2nd Hokage, and the 3rd Hokage and some other characters)

Argh! This is exactly why i am so f***ing annoyed!
He asked for the original ntsd, not a stupid edit with those additional characters! I hate them! They were not made by us and they're awfully bad... i downloaded and tested such "ntsd add-ons" alot in the past, and theyre not better dc'ed than copying firen's fire ball opoint and pasting it into templates punching frames and be all like "OLOLO I mead nuw char it can shoot fuer when pznching, it totally awesome! Best char evaaaArz!!!!!11!" And after that claiming that both the template and Ball datas erreicht entirely done by them

Another thing is, the "Updates" in this thread in the first Post, are 90% done by the original Team but they already claim them as THEIR edits!

I wouldnt mind if they continue the mod and add good stuff which wont ruin my game, but nah they will

I'll quote smouk on msn: "We have to less people in the team to create new attacks, we can only edit and copy yet"
you serious?! How can somebody call himself a dc'er/coder if He cant even write a bunch of frames on his own?! And to less people?!?! You only need ONE f***ing Person!!
this shows you have absolutely no clue about this stuff atall

@Siegvar
I really wouldnt mind if somebody continues the mod... but they should atleast have a Decent dcing level and not make the game worse by noobish copy&pasting

And if you really want to Download the game you should just Type "Download ntsd 2.4" or "Download Ntsd II" and there'll be a bunch of Downloads on random pages for you to use
Note: ntsd 2.4 and ntsd II are entirely different games,
Thanks given by:
@Nave
We do this edit for free people,not for the creators of NTSD (clear hint?)
Many fans of NTSD waiting for this game now... And are u really wanted to see something really worthwhile in this edit? Lol, then just wait,we'll try to do something that wasnt in any mods of LF2 Naruto. Oh,and else - after release of this version - please,download it,i want to know what will u say,when people will be praise this game. And... anyway Nave - thx for this game,we enjoy when we editing it
Thanks given by:
Nice Smouk!

We will always be grateful to the original ntsd team, for this awesome time/boredom killing game. :D I won't post my opinion about this ^, cuz it will not matter.(Oh and because my lack of brains) BUT ntsd continueing is a very good thing for us regular NTSD players, even if it's not on the level of the ntsd team, it's still very nice to add all those things and also new things for us to try in the game. The bug fixes are very nice, and the new attacks as well. The old regular 2.4 had gotten boring after 2 years, but these small things got me interested again.

Hm... The only piece of advice would be to give credit to the NTSD team at those gifs, I mean, the stuff that they previously made but never released. ^^

Thanks given by: Bamboori , Smouk
Links for Original NTSD (links from ntsd forum)
Nave, if you are worried about the quality of what we do
just wait!
If you worry about something that is not stated that many of the techniques from the NTSD 2, we moved to NTSD2.4 and did not specify what they NTSD 2, then we indicate this
But we must not omit to mention the level of coding "noobish copy&pasting"
Himself at the very beginning was that you who call us now
And I'm sure that I did not worse than you
And we do not have the troll, taking advantage of our politeness
We are guests here dude, where is your hospitality?
Last question:
What do you try to get humiliated us? Or so you're trying to look cooler?
Thanks given by:
@The Nave:
Links I found from searching NTSD on google are all dead links. Google has a bad habit of personalising search results these days.

Btw.. is the NTSD on LFE's mainsite the original one you worked on?
What about NTSD II? considering I didn't see your platform system in NTSD2.4 I suppose that's only in II? Perhaps you can provide a link for that.

Frankly, if their edit is as hapless as you make them out to be... no sweat right? discerning players will be able to tell the difference at a glance. Or maybe you're more worried about the horde of narutards who will grovel before any scrap thrown to them... in which case I recommend giving up on Naruto altogether. There's no end to those types.

@Smouk:
Yea.. running off your mouth to fan the flames... not exactly smart. Like you said yourself "after the release of this version..."
lets just leave it at that.. shall we? People will believe what they want to believe until you prove them wrong or right with concrete releases.

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Thanks given by:
Just don't understand what seeking Nave... In other matters, I'm sorry if someone hurt in previous posts
Thanks given by: