Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas gathering.
Ok...

I know that some users have a lot of ideas, but they can't make them working ingame - that's caused by lack of spriting or dating abilities.

I think there could possibly exist a topic like this, where we discuss about ideas and projects of possible characters/features.

You can post here, what would you like to see in lf - character, stage, mode, weapon, or any other feature that will make the game better and more interesting.

I'm making this thread because I'm out of ideas and I would love to see some creativity here, so I could use it to make new characters/features.

I hope you all will support this topic and inspire lf2 community.

Unique Ideas so far: (Click to View)
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Alectric , ossiee , Dr. Time
The first thing I would think about is a stage mode where U fight a lot of enemies ,20 or 30 maybe, who are very weak and one of the can be killed with 1 or 2 hits. Its cool when you feel like you are very strong. However bosses should match your power. That would be cool
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I think it would be great to add experience points,job advancements,and attack increasing and new skills.
Most importantly,faster loading time :D
I abandoned my hexing experience points project and went on to maplefighters :(
Working on 2 BIG mods,literally the biggest of any mod you can find...
[Image: WB9LH.png]

DOWNLOAD LITTLE FIGHTER DIVINE

[Image: ze4qi.png] [Image: YAWc1.png]
Thanks given by:
@A-Man, anyone can do it! its very easy..... open data changer, then open the file "stage" in data folder, there you will see lot of lines.... go to a char line and make the hp: tag a lower life then 50, like 20 hp....... and make bosses same thing, you can k know them by id's.... thats all!
@wong, i think he didnt ment somthing like this........ he wants a char, stage, mode idea's.....
on-topic:
i would like to see a char who can evolve to many things and come back to him self...... i dont know how to do that..... i would be very thankfull if you do that Gad..... if you do that i will make the sprites and send to you!
<a href="http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7273/">my sprites</a>
arts forum (Click to View)
my projects (Click to View)
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
Well, any kind of idea is welcome here. Experience system could be interesting.
I got the idea, but it would take a lot of time for loading + ID copying would be needed (if we want AI to work correctly) also hiding 'unstandard' characters...
The whole idea lays on transformations. We make like 5 davises (or even 30? xD), each has higher dmg and new abilities. We make balls, that will appear after beating a boss and if a player with specific body will catch the ball it will level him up.
This should work unbuggy, but it would take a lot of effort in hexing, to hide each character etc. And loading time would be extremaly extended, if we add like 100 charas (and there is also a limit of objects in data.txt, isn't there?).
Thanks given by:
Improving loading time would be nice, but that might require a better engine than the current IMO(I have little knowledge about coding, and hexing and stuff like that, and in a non-professional way so yeah... You can say I'm blabbing stuff... xD).

I just recently found LF2 so I might still need to play it longer and delve deeper in the mountains of information here in the forums. Here are my suggestions(I am totally unaware if people have already accomplished my suggestions.)

- A system that shows the damage done to an enemy per hit.
- To go along with the above suggestion/idea, a critical hit system (Seriously I don't know if this is already available in the game... x3).
- A mode where the players protect a COM(which has a very big HP and is placed on the center of the map) from waves of enemies. Ofcourse, as the game progresses, the enemies grow stronger. If the COM dies, then then its game over. NOTE: the enemies will prioritize attacking the COM. Uhhmmm think of Tower Defense...
- Status effects other than freeze like stun, poison, etc. (Though implementing this might/will require additional frames in a character sheet. [Is it possible to add extra frames in a character sheet? Or it has strictly fixed amount?])
- A mode where players will be pitted against endless numbers of enemies. These enemies are weak and can be killed with just one hit. Every enemy that they kill gives them a point. So the goal is to kill as many enemies as they can before the time limit ends. Whoever has the highest points win.

---

Ugghh I guess thats my ideas for now... *nods*

Don't want to be overly eager about this, especially being a new guy here.
Thanks given by:
•System showing dmg - sounds useless and spamming to me, but possible (but I think not worth the effort)

•Critical Hit/Sweet Spot has been already coded by Yin, so this is not a problem.

•Something like Tower Defense is a good idea (although have been already coded and released, but we can still make it better).

•There are already new effects in mods, not a problem. The main problem is to invent new effects - poison, paralyze, stun, but what else?

•K, this mode looks interesting too. I may work on it while releasing my mod.
+ this would be perfect ocassion to use LVL system - minibosses would appear sometime and they would drop a single ball - if player obtains it he gains a lvl and higher dmg/new abilities

Thanks given by:
(03-14-2012, 08:22 AM)Gad Wrote:  Well, any kind of idea is welcome here. Experience system could be interesting.
I got the idea, but it would take a lot of time for loading + ID copying would be needed (if we want AI to work correctly) also hiding 'unstandard' characters...
The whole idea lays on transformations. We make like 5 davises (or even 30? xD), each has higher dmg and new abilities. We make balls, that will appear after beating a boss and if a player with specific body will catch the ball it will level him up.
This should work unbuggy, but it would take a lot of effort in hexing, to hide each character etc. And loading time would be extremaly extended, if we add like 100 charas (and there is also a limit of objects in data.txt, isn't there?).

well, you could do the leveling via special weapons. ofc then you cant pick up normal ones, but its far easier accomplished.
Thanks given by:
Well, maybe some hex editing would possibly allow us to add a new type of weapon then? So when we press attack while holding it, it doesn't go to standard weapon_attack frames, but to new specific ones.
Thanks given by: Bamboori
(03-15-2012, 09:00 PM)Gad Wrote:  Well, maybe some hex editing would possibly allow us to add a new type of weapon then? So when we press attack while holding it, it doesn't go to standard weapon_attack frames, but to new specific ones.

If by hex editing that might be similar with the edit with baseball (which makes player directly throw the ball as he presses attack)

By data changing it is also possible but with some frame delay, by using itr kind: 8 to relocate the player, triggering new actions. However the transformation of Rudolf will no longer function properly.
Thanks given by: