Poll: Do you like Rex?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.50%
10 62.50%
I don't know
31.25%
5 31.25%
No
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex >> RELEASED
Ok, new version of Rex.
Sorry that I can't give any screenshots but download and try the fun.

Changelogs (Click to View)
Well, I just found a little double kick combo for Rex, a normal jump kick and a dash kick.

Ok, here's the spritesheets.

[Image: Rex_0-1.png]
[Image: Rex_1.png]

Attached Files
.rar   Rex_Re-updated.rar (Size: 347.08 KB / Downloads: 191)
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by: Alblaka , klodasmone
i dont see any special moves to comment on
Thanks given by: Hero destroyer
(03-28-2012, 02:41 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i dont see any special moves to comment on

I think he's looking for suggestions in regard of special moves.

But to suggest such stuff, you would at least need to tell us about something like the characters theme or background.
F.e. whether he's a brawler, spellcaster, etc.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: Hero destroyer , shin hanazumi
@YinYin
No, I mean to think of some special moves. I can't think of any.

@Alblaka
Edit:
I think he should be someone similar to woody, using kicks as his main attacks, and, ermm, I don't think he's the guy to fire energy balls, does he? Maybe he should use a gun to fire?
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
D>A Pistol Rapid Fire:
Pulls two sidearms from somewhere behind his back, holds them horinzontally in front of him (Poke me if this phrase doesn't make sense to you, hard to discribe). This animation part takes about 1 second ("slow).
Afterwards, player can hammer A for a rapid (2-tick, cant take 1tick because of the opoint-restriction) fire of bullets. If no A is pressed for some ticks (30?) return to normal stance.

D^J Stylish Escape:
Backwards salto whilst using one of his sidearms to fire some spread shots across the are below him midjump (hitting anyone previously standing behind him). Eventually reduce the fall-value of these shots to stun-only for
Chaining into DvA

DvA Gun Fury:
Melee combo persisting of a short dash forward, followed up by Rex spinning his firearms (Reference, check 0:52+) whilst uppercutting the enemy, sending them flying up+backwards.
+J: Fires a few shots diagonally up, hitting the airborne enemy.

D>J The Big One:
Pulls a "large" silvern Deagle (or Colt, depending on what you want to sprite), aims for a moment and fires a piercing shot.
If you can find a fitting sound, a "Asta La Vista"-like voice would fit well here.

D^A Moonslayer:
Performs a forward salto. If touching an enemy while the latter part of the Salto, will perform a itr:king3-catch, "sitting on the enemys shoulder" and giving him a nice double-handed overhead smack.
Sends enemy to the ground (eventually code some sort of bouncing effect here).
If J is pressed, will reverse facing and perform Stylish Escape move (effectively jumping past the enemy and hitting further enemies behind the first one), otherwise a normal backward salto.

Some stuff out of my head, all should be relatively easy to code with mere DC.

Greetz,
Alblaka
D>A: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
D^J: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
DVA: Sorry, I don't understand.
D>J: Same as mine idea, but I rather use a sniper gun.;)
D^A: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Alblaka. Right now, I'll try to make the sprites and do combos for him. :D
Progress will be posted on Saturday.

Any one has any good suggestions?
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
@DvA: As the video reference shows.
Spinning the firearms/pistols in his hands and then punching the enemy (with the guns still spinning and thus hitting the enemy) in a small combo, with an uppercut as finish to send him flying upwards.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(03-28-2012, 03:07 PM)Hero destroyer Wrote:  I think he should be someone similar to woody, using kicks as his main attacks
well then you should definitely get some of woodys kicking animations and cut paste them into this sheet so you can combine them to get something more interesting than the two kicks he currently has (just for basic moves already - having different ones makes it much more fun:
jump, dash, run, super attack - at least four different ones)

edit: also how about not giving him any ranged moves at all and rather focus on good blocking and rebounding techniques?
YinYin Wrote:Also how about not giving him any ranged moves at all and rather focus on good blocking and rebounding techniques?
Don't you think this will be like Silva, amazing blocking.
Rebounding techniques? You mean, he can react fast due to his moves and make it easy to rebound balls coming from anywhere. Is that what you mean?
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
i guess that not only balls
like counterattacks, or something? ;d
Thanks given by: