Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Game Programmers Contest.
onl two participants :P
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
Perhaps, I will make a game with paralex scrolling this time...
Yo kevin, If u have a game which is already made but U never showed it in public, U can't(why do i always write can't instead of can; sorry typo) participate with it! (added as a rule).

I guess I will complete my game "A-MaYHeM" and participate with it. So anymore participants?
(07-18-2012, 10:17 AM)Kashif Wrote:  onl two participants :P
Just u wait :D

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I know! =D . I am making a new one for sure. That's the fun ;D .
I'm making yet another skill game, so if you aren't good with the keyboard, you will suck ;) .

And btw I decided to use visual basic because I still suck at flash (errors everywhere every time :x ). I probably won't use any sprite, haha.

And guess what? I already played my new game, lol. It's really a simple game I made in a few hours. Now how do I make it more interesting..? hmm.
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Ur done already??!?!. Damn, that was sure quick. u can make it more interesting by using a lot of colors man. People love 'em. And maybe make it more challenging. I will post some screen shots for my game later. Or maybe not.. to make it more of a mystery!

Thanks given by:
How about sound effects? Are we allowed to download and use them or do we have to make them ourselves?
and bgm actually

and color is a great idea! Thanks, hehe... now it becomes harder ._.
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Yeah sure man. They are effects in the end.

Thanks given by:
how will the winner be chosen, voting I guess? Maybe I will try to make something else that suits to more people here :B .

Wait, no way, I think it will be funner to continue improving this one..
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Yeah voting. It won't be a public one (u won't be able to c who voted for wat game).

The last day for joining:
20th of July.
After that, the dead line will be decided..

Thanks given by:
http://www.mediafire.com/?smkf8v2n68hffnc
The current version of my game (will be improved though, this is not my submission) - SpeedBox
Controls:
- Numpad to toggle your matrix on/off
- QWAS to match the colors

How to Play:
Simply press the numbers on your NumPad to manipulate your 3x3 matrix (turning the panels on and off). The goal is to make the same pattern as the left-most box on the pattern preview (on the bottom), and then press one of these buttons: Q/W/A/S, according to the color (e.g. if it's red, you press Q, but if it's yellow, you have to press W instead).

Clearing patterns increases your time bar, thus prevent it from running out since you lose when it happens. Throughout the game, patterns will get more lit squares and the time will become harsher. You can maximize your score by surviving longer or by exploiting the Frenzy Mode. When you fully fill your time-bar, you will enter Frenzy Mode. During this 5-seconds period, your time bar will decrease 2.5x faster, however you also gain 50% bonus score. Thus it's an important way to improve your score. Additionally, patterns with more lit squares will give you more score than the easier ones.

There are currently 3 game modes:
1. Normal Mode - in this mode, you have match your matrix with the left-most box on the bottom, and after that, press one of the color buttons (Q/W/A/S) which matches the color.
2. Matiaja Mode - or No Color mode, you only have to match your matrix with the pattern and then press any of the color buttons. However, it's 50% faster!!
3. Tailupa Mode - or Hidden mode, it's the same as Normal Mode except that the left-most pattern preview is hidden, which means you have to memorize the next pattern before submitting the current one. The time is 20% slower here.

I am planning to make a Challenge mode where you can make a profile and your progress be saved ;) . Anyway it's not a good idea to start with the 3 currently existing modes if you are not good with the keyboard, so I will make the earlier challenges easier and let you get used to the numpad controls so that you will be able to eventually face the harder challenges.

Speed is everything here ;D . Eventually you will discover more efficient ways to build many patterns, such as sliding your fingers in certain paths or jumping your finger from 8 to 2 while your index slides from 7 to 1, interesting ;D .

Any suggestions? :D
TEMPE
Thanks given by: A-Man , qwertz143
Cool idea!!. I expected something to do with tetris or blocks, and I was right!!. But there is one problem, some laptops don't have a num-pad.... I played it a little on the desktop though. The game is good but very very very hard. i will try to get a high score in it when I get on the desktop. Good entry though. And when I said add colors I meant make it more colorful, not add colors stuff in the game. Cuz that made the game more crazy. Crazy == Awesome! So nice!
Suggestion: enlarge the screen and the blocks. The window is kidna small.
I wanted to post a demo of my game tonight, but I think its better if we waited more. Other participants may appear. YO programmers!! COME HERE!!!!
Expectations: Silva, Bam-Bo-Ray

Thanks given by: