Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wanna know me?
What OS do you use?
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Reply
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 12:24 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  do u like philosophy?
do u like discussing and arguing with others about philosophic topics?
Sure thing. Doesn't happen all that often, though.

(10-11-2012, 02:07 PM)Lauli Wrote:  What was the last thing you really enjoyed?
Drawing, I guess. I'm really bad at it, but I enjoy it nonetheless (though I'd probably enjoy it even more if I improved :P).

Quote:What is the next thing that you're looking forward to?
Weekend :P (at the time of writing)

Quote:Do you know about Plato's Cave Allegory? What do you think about it?
Yeah, somewhat.
The premise certainly is an interesting thought and not by chance one of the most contemplated in philosophy, think Kant and his rose tinted glasses, the brain in the jar or the dream argument. The story itself strikes me as somewhat pessimistic towards human desire to seek for truth, but then again Sokrates was indeed killed for what he taught :P
I don't really agree with the conclusions Plato draws from it. Namely that he assigns so little value to what we perceive with our senses and even less to art as it only pictures what is already an illusion to him.
I'd have to familiarize myself more with it to give a detailed answer.

Quote:Which rules of the Fight Club do you know, without looking them up?
1. Do not talk about Fight Club.
2. DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
?. When you are here the first time, you have to fight (or smth.)

Quote:How does your hair look like?
Medium-length, going from right to left on the front. Somewhat dark blonde.


(10-12-2012, 03:53 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  What OS do you use?
Windows and Ubuntu. The first one because I need it to run some stuff (I'd rather like to not have it on my PC at all). The second because... well, it was the first linux distribution I tried and I didn't really get around to give others a try. I don't really ask much of my OS, it's just supposed to not get in my way and it doesn't :P

Reply
Thanks given by:
(I would like to be questioned!)

Anyways Reaper, do you have any siblings? if yes then how many?
Reply
Thanks given by:
CUI or GUI?
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Reply
Thanks given by:
Are you hungry at the moment?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Reply
Thanks given by:
Would you quickly draw a really bad kangaroo and upload it?
What drawing materials do you use?
Are we human or are we dancer?
Reply
Thanks given by:
Do you like roguelikes?
Do you like 'point and click' games?
What are the five things you hate the most?
What are the five things you like the most?
The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Reply
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2012, 04:55 AM)kushagrajaink Wrote:  (I would like to be questioned!)

Anyways Reaper, do you have any siblings? if yes then how many?
Yes, one brother who is two years younger than me.

(10-14-2012, 08:04 AM)Electric Shock Wrote:  CUI or GUI?
Mostly GUI.

(10-15-2012, 02:47 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  Are you hungry at the moment?
No.

(10-15-2012, 11:18 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Would you quickly draw a really bad kangaroo and upload it?
Uhm... okay?

Damn, now that I have drawn it, I get all the ideas to misinterpret your question :)

Quote:What drawing materials do you use?
Tablet + GIMP, ballpoint pen during lectures and (very rarely) pencils.

Quote:Are we human or are we dancer?
I'm certainly the first but not the latter so I guess that one is ruled out. Seems like I have to go for 'humans'.

(10-15-2012, 11:39 AM)Shane "Bane" Neumann Wrote:  Do you like roguelikes?
Depends. If they are well-made, then yes.

Quote:Do you like 'point and click' games?
Same as above. Neither of those are quite my favourite game types, though.

Quote:What are the five things you hate the most?
Arrogance.
Stubbornness.
Intolerance. Might actually be a part of the previous one.
Things that are pointless/dumb and wasting my time.
Knowing the only thing holding you back at something is yourself.


Quote:What are the five things you like the most?
Spending time with friends/family.
The feeling of freedom.
Letting my imagination wander/dreaming.
Just being happy/seeing other people be happy.
Discovering something new.
Reply
Thanks given by: LutiChris
Did you purposely answer "Are we human or are we dancer?" with such an objective response?
Nice kangaroo!
When are you going to do your juggling video?
What's one of your favorite pieces of art? (Anything; drawings, words, music, etc.)
Why do you like it?
Reply
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2012, 12:06 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Did you purposely answer "Are we human or are we dancer?" with such an objective response?
Yes. I can't stand the song (no particular reason actually), so I like to pretend it was a serious/normal question and answer accordingly.

Quote:Nice kangaroo!
thanks :P

Quote:When are you going to do your juggling video?
When I feel like my juggling is good enough to be worth showing. As I'm not particularly motivated to practice it at all currently, I can't tell when that will be.
In the meantime, have another -in several ways- bad kangaroo picture.
[Image: 870Rk.jpg]

Linguists like ambiguity more than most people.
I'm not a linguist, though :P

Quote:What's one of your favorite pieces of art? (Anything; drawings, words, music, etc.)
For example >This song.<

Quote:Why do you like it?
Because - LISTEN TO IT WHY WOULDN'T I LIKE IT?
Reply
Thanks given by: MnM , Lauli , LutiChris




Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)