Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!)
hi alblaka i need some help because i am new here and i am confused how to play with the characters. Is there any way in which i don't have to follow the reademe because its soooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy i getting tired of all of this. if you can help me with the downloading and data changing or sprite making i can help you for more ninjas

thanks
kushagra
Thanks given by:
Please PM him. Click on his name and somewhere on his profile there is a button that says "send alblaka a private message".
Thank you for your cooperation.
Stories- Wrath of MH-Razen and Clash of the Empires
Warning! Super epicness! (Click to View)
Awesomeness arrived!
CHAI for Kato is done, the other three will be following across the next 1-2 weeks.

Which means you can now do Combo-Moves in singleplayer :§ Simply walk close to a CHAI-controlled Ninja (or order him to stay with DDDD) and hit DvA or D^A. If the AI has enough mp it will combo accordingly.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: nbaheen
I'll update this thread, soon, with some balance tweaks, new AI (AS-AI) and a completely reworked Dokum.
For latter one, there is a particular 'head on charge' style of move (similar to Mark's D>J), for which I can currently only use the rowing sprites. If somebody's interested in creating the sprite for such a move (3-4 sprites (leg movement) should be sufficient), please feel free to help me out.
Or otherwise, we'll have to continue watching Dokum as he rows enemy into a stun-combo :P

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Interesting.. And can you please re-upload the game? The download link you provided has expired already. Thanks in advance.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
BIG UPDATE
v1.05
-Duration of Katos FLAME SWORDS got increased
-But in redo the usage of the Buff reduces it's length more
-Fixed a little OP-ness on Fusejy RELEASE MOVE

v1.22
-Updated and added the AI scripts of Ninja Tales to be compatible with AS-AI
-Reworked file structure to ease the installation
-Reduced mp cost of Fusej's blastpush from 150 to 100
-Fixed Fusej doing a blastpush if you were to hit DJA whilst holding an enemy
-Reworked Fusej's dodging (previously he pretty much killed himself by 'dodging' back into the enemy's combo)
-Increased Fusej's recovery time after being hit
-Reworked Dokum entirely. You can revert to the 'old' Dokum by replacing NDokum.dat with NDokum_OLD.dat
-Rewrote large sections of the readme to improve overall grammar

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

I recommend sending 8 (actually 7, you're the spectator) Dokum's or Fusej's into a Battle Royal versus mode, it's simple hilarious.
Exspecially Fusej's AI turned out to be a HECK of an annoying bastard.
You could remove all his abilities and it would still 1on1 quite every basic AI down, just spamming that damn dash_attack.

edit @ Dokum:
Quote:For latter one, there is a particular 'head on charge' style of move (similar to Mark's D>J), for which I can currently only use the rowing sprites. If somebody's interested in creating the sprite for such a move (3-4 sprites (leg movement) should be sufficient), please feel free to help me out.
Or otherwise, we'll have to continue watching Dokum as he rows enemy into a stun-combo :P

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: Marko pro
Ok this is my first time trying this stuff. (before that the amount of files put me off)
But seeing you put so much more effort into it after such a long time I needed to have a look at it.

This will result in a lot of randomly late review text ...

Kato
really reminds me of my old alf2/my rudolf using his swords for basic attacks.
I've had mine finish this combo with the run attack though when you press A for a third time.
I later decided always starting with the same sword slash (which is way too slow for the basic attack) is too boring. Also having no walking gap between first and second slash (because they are directly connected instead of randomized) makes him extremley immobile. (characters like Davis can adjust their position between basic attacks)
And I can't manage a super punch? I guess you have a good reason for that.
His fire slashes could really use a more firey gradient and shape (I don't really like energy objects igniting characters but not really matching in color). Editing an object to match this isn't too hard if it's not against your design of this attack. eg.:woody_fireball.bmp
The flaming swords are awesome, but cause a lot of trouble with more than one Kato on the field. He could really use a fire proof state while attacking with them. Also why don't they extend to at least the run attack? (abusing the super punch maybe?)
For the fire breath I could understand the wind up a little better if he actually had a bottle to drink from on the sprites.
Bam has a nice touch with the low damage, but it could really either use some sprites or go without a shadow (like palms). If you don't want the object to have the strength of a state 3005 you can also try state 9997.
Inner fire: the description made me think I could walk around with the charge similar to the flaming swords ...
The ground fire is a nice idea.

Suikan
throws a giant shuriken that splits? If the main shuriken looked like it was made up of two that seperate on impact I'd understand ... also the split shurikens don't seem to do any damage? That makes them a little pointless. Throwing this thing on every basic attack is pretty interesting though.
Again no easy way to get the super ... wait.
Tested both Kato and Suikans super punch with the baseball. They are pretty neat. Why would you make them so hard to obtain without items? Okay, onwards.
The water ball too could use some graphical improvement. It really just looks like a recolored fire ball. I really like Walters water attacks so these might be a good reference if you consider improving it.
The ice shower is a really well executed move, I like it.
Aqua ride is a cool thing, except for Suikan adjusting to the again not very water looking blast very unfluently. Maybe you could still reduce a wait in that process to a minimum (0 instead of 1, I won't look at the data for now)?
The energy star: again I really like how you turned an existing LF2 move into a convincing version for this character.
Great way of combining the heal others and heal self move. However hp/time ratio is way too bad. I would prefer a single heal that does a larger amount instead of a slow loop.
I think the water mirror decoy could last a little longer (and maybe trip over upon touch: itr kind 9 on characters).

Fusej
has quite an interesting name and color.
Ahhh normal shurikens. Normal super punch. Cool run attack. A little weird jump attack (arm is still stretched forward even though throwing stuff down; and when jumping forward shurikens tend to collide with each other). And a damn low dash attack.
Wind blast: the hand looks quite - backwards - and what makes people think inverting the ground splash would make sense? I've seen the same on Hein recently.
The sky and ground shuriken (especially the ground) are great. Instead of the extra button for the ground variant I would however prefer the move to perform this action whenever there are shurikens buried into the ground. (this would prevent spamming this for a way too massive ground shuriken hail and makes the awesome part of this move more accessible)
The art of crane was already expected as he cannot turn during his defense (suggesting its used for a counter). The controls are a little sluggish (walking and turning around). If this does use frame 110 why isn't he able to turn with the direction keys? Also the teleport attack is a bit too powerful imo.
The dash cut is well done.
The twisters are cool too. I would prefer them being a little less effective at first (just doing the normal whirlwind effect) and maybe increasing their size with time becoming the catching trap. (hm - maybe the other way around would actually be better: being large and a trap at first and loosing effectiveness until they disappear)
The slicing whirl is ok I guess.
The eternal pillar is again a neat idea, but a single hit already makes him fully invulnerable and glittering (left to heal or attack I see). That seems to be a little against the idea of accumulating hits.

Dokum,
good job on the punch sprites (oh I see pf made them). Interesting defense, it just has one major downside when comparing to a normal one: its timer does not reset when hit, leaving you open after a set time even though you were defending weak attacks with a superior defense. (I guess you will tell me that one simply has to punch the opponent before that happens ...) A grab as a super punch is cool. The bounce throw too, ... the jump action/run attack too. The boulder dash is a little weird, and is the >>JA weapon less knock attack intended?
The stone throw would be better if it created stones that break upon touching the ground - I can clutter the screen with boulders pretty quickly ...
Floating rocks are a neat idea. I think the boulders should also fall if is mediation is interrupted by being hit and not just pressing D. Also I think it's pretty hard to hit opponents with this and again this clutters the battle field pretty badly.
The hidden earth style is very well done. It could just use a little more effects upon dragging an opponent into the ground.
Rollnrocks made me laugh. I honestly can't take 3 rocks rolling perfectly silent at a constant speed without bouncing across the screen serious.
Stone raizer, yeah ok. More rocks everywhere.

The release moves are not really my taste, but it's cool you limited them to one use per fight (can you think of a way to limit this to a fighter rather than a character?).

I have yet to try the combo moves and how these play with AI (must be madness). But I will leave you to read this stuff first.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 08:29 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Ok this is my first time trying this stuff. (before that the amount of files put me off)
But seeing you put so much more effort into it after such a long time I needed to have a look at it.
The critique of a person like you is very much appreciated, thanks for taking the time.
And ye, after seeing my own data folder, cluttered up with 800 onwards files, I decided I would rework all characters (or at least those I rework in first place) into the single-folder format.

(02-04-2013, 08:29 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Kato
really reminds me of my old alf2/my rudolf using his swords for basic attacks.
I've had mine finish this combo with the run attack though when you press A for a third time.
I later decided always starting with the same sword slash (which is way too slow for the basic attack) is too boring. Also having no walking gap between first and second slash (because they are directly connected instead of randomized) makes him extremley immobile. (characters like Davis can adjust their position between basic attacks)
And I can't manage a super punch? I guess you have a good reason for that.
His fire slashes could really use a more firey gradient and shape (I don't really like energy objects igniting characters but not really matching in color). Editing an object to match this isn't too hard if it's not against your design of this attack. eg.:woody_fireball.bmp
The flaming swords are awesome, but cause a lot of trouble with more than one Kato on the field. He could really use a fire proof state while attacking with them. Also why don't they extend to at least the run attack? (abusing the super punch maybe?)
For the fire breath I could understand the wind up a little better if he actually had a bottle to drink from on the sprites.
Bam has a nice touch with the low damage, but it could really either use some sprites or go without a shadow (like palms). If you don't want the object to have the strength of a state 3005 you can also try state 9997.
Inner fire: the description made me think I could walk around with the charge similar to the flaming swords ...
The ground fire is a nice idea.
Kato is, together with Suikan, on a sort of lower DC/Sprite level then the latter two, given there was a timegap of maybe 5 months between those two. (If you don't consider Kato a better clone of Onimaru in first place).
Kato is not supposed to do superpunches, the basic slashing combo (aka AA) is faster (when performed from D and with perfect timing of 2nd A) then most punch combos and deals above-average damage (though it is lower then a full 3xpunch+superpunch combo, and who knows why I made it that way ^^').
Je, the issue with upgrades is always ID dependancy. Usually I wouldn't want people to use multiplies of the same character in first place. Even Random select of LF2 itself goes by that rule :P
There are Fire-proof states?
Regarding a flame-run-attack, I've considered that, but was (if I remember correctly) to do the sprites for that ^^'.
The fire breath is... well... I suppose I loved how his face turned red during the windup. But I needed something to compensate for the high flame damage (since I wanted them to be the same as Firen's, but without the horrid mp costs).
Hmm, walking around with an inner fire upgrade. I will keep that idea in mind.

Quote:Suikan
throws a giant shuriken that splits? If the main shuriken looked like it was made up of two that seperate on impact I'd understand ... also the split shurikens don't seem to do any damage? That makes them a little pointless. Throwing this thing on every basic attack is pretty interesting though.
Again no easy way to get the super ... wait.
Tested both Kato and Suikans super punch with the baseball. They are pretty neat. Why would you make them so hard to obtain without items? Okay, onwards.
The water ball too could use some graphical improvement. It really just looks like a recolored fire ball. I really like Walters water attacks so these might be a good reference if you consider improving it.
The ice shower is a really well executed move, I like it.
Aqua ride is a cool thing, except for Suikan adjusting to the again not very water looking blast very unfluently. Maybe you could still reduce a wait in that process to a minimum (0 instead of 1, I won't look at the data for now)?
The energy star: again I really like how you turned an existing LF2 move into a convincing version for this character.
Great way of combining the heal others and heal self move. However hp/time ratio is way too bad. I would prefer a single heal that does a larger amount instead of a slow loop.
I think the water mirror decoy could last a little longer (and maybe trip over upon touch: itr kind 9 on characters).
The 'splits' are supposed to be the 'debris' of the former shuriken, it looked entirely awfully when the giant thing simply disappeared upon hitting. And as well, when creating Suikan I didn't have the ability to code a gravity-based debris thingy. The splits are not supposed to haev any gameplay-relevant effect.
As with Kato, Suikan is not (actually even less) supposed to pull superpunches. Actually the only reason he has one is because I couldn't figure out a proper projectile-based superpunch.
Aqua ride has the smallest timeframe that worked without severe bugs. Not sure whether I could DC something better with the modern state of art, though.
I wanted a powerful, but time-consuming healing move, going with the "Grab your friend and do ninja combos" theme of NinjaTales. Of course, the AI will never stand still long enough for the heal to be useful past the initial frame...
The water mirror is an INSTANT (as in wait: 0) teleport and can break any sort of combo. I've considered this to be enough of a utility tool, without adding more (and the AI-Suikan uses it quite effectively to safe himself, assuming he isn't getting teleported into the next enemy cluster).

Quote:Fusej
has quite an interesting name and color.
Ahhh normal shurikens. Normal super punch. Cool run attack. A little weird jump attack (arm is still stretched forward even though throwing stuff down; and when jumping forward shurikens tend to collide with each other). And a damn low dash attack.
Wind blast: the hand looks quite - backwards - and what makes people think inverting the ground splash would make sense? I've seen the same on Hein recently.
The sky and ground shuriken (especially the ground) are great. Instead of the extra button for the ground variant I would however prefer the move to perform this action whenever there are shurikens buried into the ground. (this would prevent spamming this for a way too massive ground shuriken hail and makes the awesome part of this move more accessible)
The art of crane was already expected as he cannot turn during his defense (suggesting its used for a counter). The controls are a little sluggish (walking and turning around). If this does use frame 110 why isn't he able to turn with the direction keys? Also the teleport attack is a bit too powerful imo.
The dash cut is well done.
The twisters are cool too. I would prefer them being a little less effective at first (just doing the normal whirlwind effect) and maybe increasing their size with time becoming the catching trap. (hm - maybe the other way around would actually be better: being large and a trap at first and loosing effectiveness until they disappear)
The slicing whirl is ok I guess.
The eternal pillar is again a neat idea, but a single hit already makes him fully invulnerable and glittering (left to heal or attack I see). That seems to be a little against the idea of accumulating hits.
@color: RBG-change doesn't give you much options... I had the choice of either that or yellow. XD
Je, mid-air throwing of projectiles is hard to code correctly (unless you limit the throw rate), due to the two jumping directions.
The low dash attack is intended. Did you play vs a difficult|onward Fusej AI yet? He literally reaps enemys.
In the windblast sprite, you can see my talent for creating sprites: Below zero :3
The entire idea of Sky Shuriken is to actually be able to store them up for a massive burst. In Stage mode, you can store them all along the stage and then try to bring down an enemy boss in a single hit.
Art of Crane was NOT coded after my recent question, the DC code itself is as old as this thread. The controls need to be sluggish, as I need proper ways to time whether he can block attacks or not. Be advised that he has 360 degrees of defense in this move, eitherway, direction doesn't matter.
Not sure about the crane-teleport-attack-slicyslicy. It's one of his main damage sources and exspecially effective (and spamable) against single opponents, but will cause you to take damage against a crowd of enemies (once he takes the finishing stance). May needs a nerf to either damage or mp costs, though.
I suppose the latter paragraph belongs to Dokum :P

Quote:Dokum,
good job on the punch sprites (oh I see pf made them). Interesting defense, it just has one major downside when comparing to a normal one: its timer does not reset when hit, leaving you open after a set time even though you were defending weak attacks with a superior defense. (I guess you will tell me that one simply has to punch the opponent before that happens ...) A grab as a super punch is cool. The bounce throw too, ... the jump action/run attack too. The boulder dash is a little weird, and is the >>JA weapon less knock attack intended?
The stone throw would be better if it created stones that break upon touching the ground - I can clutter the screen with boulders pretty quickly ...
Floating rocks are a neat idea. I think the boulders should also fall if is mediation is interrupted by being hit and not just pressing D. Also I think it's pretty hard to hit opponents with this and again this clutters the battle field pretty badly.
The hidden earth style is very well done. It could just use a little more effects upon dragging an opponent into the ground.
Rollnrocks made me laugh. I honestly can't take 3 rocks rolling perfectly silent at a constant speed without bouncing across the screen serious.
Stone raizer, yeah ok. More rocks everywhere.
You simply have to time a single punch to hit the opponent and... ow, nevermind ^^ But je, there's a reason why Dokum can perform a quick punch from within his defending frames. If you tried fighting the Dokum AI on difficult or higher, he's using that technique (and I saw him soloing a Davis with less then 70 hp lost).
I suppose the >>JA is the strange key combination the AI occasionally performs, but I could never do. It's the original dash_attack of Dokum (punch to the face) and supposed to be fully replaced by the boulder dash (as it replaces the dash in first place).
Creating stones and cluttering the field is INTENTION on Dokum. He has higher throwing range, increased throwing speed and a few lines of AI to improve his throwing behavior (namely he utilizes running whilst carrying stones).
As well, Stone Raizer is useless by itself, but gains horrendous strength if you perform it in the midst of a group of rocks. The AI is coded to do exactly that and 5+ stones can deal a randomly high amount of damage. Consider all moves which create stones "set-up" abilities for Stone Raizer.
Rollrocks is a remain of the previous dokum kit and I just couldn't bring myself to remove it. Hilarious to watch, isn't it :3
There is an issue with itrkind8 healing. Namely, if you apply multiple heals in the same frame, only one will be accounted. That's why I recoded the heal to be noticeably larger, and now (in regards to healing), you will want to hit J after each charge.
Oh, and there are some bugs in regards to what can actually hit the fake body used in Eternal Pillar. Namely projectiles will change the team of the pillar body and cause any further projectiles to pass through. Sicne the move is supposed to tank crowd (melee) attention, however, I considered it fine to leave as it is.

Quote:The release moves are not really my taste, but it's cool you limited them to one use per fight (can you think of a way to limit this to a fighter rather than a character?).

I have yet to try the combo moves and how these play with AI (must be madness). But I will leave you to read this stuff first.
I wouldn'T know of a way to limit it to characters instead of IDs. After all, it's impossible to have an upgrade sticking to one specific character if two of them share the same special bodys.

The combo moves are sort of random, but functional. I intend to use the concept for future characters.

Gl against the AI, you will hate Fusej. Oh, and pick a ranged char against Dokum.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
okay
the disk shuriken made me win against Dokum easily
Kato was a little dumb with his run/dash attack (kept missing me without me actually trying to dodge)
Fusej was by far the easiest to use and win with and hardest to beat
and Dokum is very fun but difficult to use

Quote:There are Fire-proof states?
how else do you think firens fire run works? he can be hit but not burnt
Quote:The 'splits' are supposed to be the 'debris' of the former shuriken, it looked entirely awfully when the giant thing simply disappeared upon hitting. And as well, when creating Suikan I didn't have the ability to code a gravity-based debris thingy. The splits are not supposed to haev any gameplay-relevant effect.
oh - ok
but by either editing the main shuriken or the small ones graphics you could easily turn this into a feature with an effect or real debris (because these are obviously smaller shurikens)
Quote:As with Kato, Suikan is not (actually even less) supposed to pull superpunches. Actually the only reason he has one is because I couldn't figure out a proper projectile-based superpunch.
if you don't intend them to user their super punches normally you could abuse this feature and make them force their next attack to be a super punch with a charge move
Quote:Of course, the AI will never stand still long enough for the heal to be useful past the initial frame...
unless you add that to your AI (the ego function should actually be sufficient for this even though it may leave the ally to flee sometimes when the basic AI doesn't execute it, but that doesn't happen too often)
Quote:The water mirror is an INSTANT (as in wait: 0) teleport and can break any sort of combo. I've considered this to be enough of a utility tool, without adding more (and the AI-Suikan uses it quite effectively to safe himself, assuming he isn't getting teleported into the next enemy cluster).
oh right - it doesn't make you jump or wait for your defense to end like woodys teleport - still the decoy disappears pretty quick
Quote:In Stage mode, you can store them all along the stage and then try to bring down an enemy boss in a single hit.
that's imba :p
but cool I admit
Quote:Be advised that he has 360 degrees of defense in this move, eitherway, direction doesn't matter.
yeh I just noticed, that's a + for you
Quote:Not sure about the crane-teleport-attack-slicyslicy. May needs a nerf to either damage or mp costs, though.
No, neither of these will do. The real problem is that it instantly gets to the opponents exact position and attacks at the same time. There needs to be at least a slight delay between appearing and attack to give the opponent a chance to react to fix this. If you just up the mp cost then this character simply gets a free hit every iteration his mp reaches that value and if you lower the damage it doesn't make the attack itself any fairer either. (I've noticed you have a lot of pretty neat looking moves that do little to no damage - I understand this when they are meant to take out crowds, but moves that could otherwise be useful and fair in 1on1 fights too really become way too useless compared to free basic attacks)
Quote:(and I saw him soloing a Davis with less then 70 hp lost)
that can't be very fair then?
Quote:I suppose the >>JA is the strange key combination the AI occasionally performs, but I could never do. It's the original dash_attack of Dokum (punch to the face) and supposed to be fully replaced by the boulder dash (as it replaces the dash in first place).
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=804 or http://y2f.heliohost.org/index.php?curre...nputs.html
just add a copy of 213 to 90
Quote:There is an issue with itrkind8 healing. Namely, if you apply multiple heals in the same frame, only one will be accounted. That's why I recoded the heal to be noticeably larger, and now (in regards to healing), you will want to hit J after each charge.
yes I know this - yet another reason I prefer single healing instead of healing loops
Quote:Oh, and there are some bugs in regards to what can actually hit the fake body used in Eternal Pillar. Namely projectiles will change the team of the pillar body and cause any further projectiles to pass through. Sicne the move is supposed to tank crowd (melee) attention, however, I considered it fine to leave as it is.
becoming invulnerable seems to be broken to me
suggestion: instead of having just one object, create objects constantly (deleting themselves again) - that way you won't have the problem of one of them changing teams
or use another type that can be hit all the time (weapons) regardless of the team
Quote:I wouldn'T know of a way to limit it to characters instead of IDs. After all, it's impossible to have an upgrade sticking to one specific character if two of them share the same special bodys.
I've recently managed to manipulate hp and mp in pretty strange ways which makes this possible because these are tied to the object rather than the character
it has some drawbacks but it might suit your characters
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 11:07 PM)YinYin Wrote:  the disk shuriken made me win against Dokum easily
Quote:(and I saw him soloing a Davis with less then 70 hp lost)
that can't be very fair then?
I'm not sure how to fix this withotu changing the way Dokum works. He is a pretty much forward-closerange character, outclassed by ranged or smart enemies, but fatally effective in a 1on1 against dumb melee AI.
Dokum is the rock. A melee AI always uses scissors, doesn't mean rock is inbalanced.

Quote:Fusej was by far the easiest to use and win with and hardest to beat
I suppose this means I should consider nerfing him in some way. The issue is, he already has lower damage then any character... offset by large AoEs and lots of speed, though...
I don't want to take latter off him, because it would make him less uniue, but I don't really want to reduce the damage much further either.
Quote:There are Fire-proof states?
how else do you think firens fire run works? he can be hit but not burnt
Hmmmm... Point taken. Will definitely help reducing the suicidalness of slicing enemies up close.
Quote:
Quote:Of course, the AI will never stand still long enough for the heal to be useful past the initial frame...
unless you add that to your AI (the ego function should actually be sufficient for this even though it may leave the ally to flee sometimes when the basic AI doesn't execute it, but that doesn't happen too often)
Good idea, shouldn't be hard to have the ninjas detect the healing stars.
Quote:
Quote:Not sure about the crane-teleport-attack-slicyslicy. May needs a nerf to either damage or mp costs, though.
No, neither of these will do. The real problem is that it instantly gets to the opponents exact position and attacks at the same time. There needs to be at least a slight delay between appearing and attack to give the opponent a chance to react to fix this. If you just up the mp cost then this character simply gets a free hit every iteration his mp reaches that value and if you lower the damage it doesn't make the attack itself any fairer either. (I've noticed you have a lot of pretty neat looking moves that do little to no damage - I understand this when they are meant to take out crowds, but moves that could otherwise be useful and fair in 1on1 fights too really become way too useless compared to free basic attacks)
There IS a delay, included for exactly that reason. Any human player shouldnt have much issue simply standing around and hitting A as he disappears (given the teleport is DC-wise delayed by 3-4 ticks in first place (disappear cloak animation, teleport frame, dvx:120 frame...)) and interrupt the cast.
Actually I have the AI often do this to me whilst teleporting. Of course it'S not hard for a human to simple wait until the AI is doing 'something' so she cannot react in time.
Fusey is supposed to be a large-AoE character with a focus on midrange (projectile basic attack, mainly utilizes dash&run tactics, long range abilities, speed to kite enemies to his preferred range) and I wouldn't even say most of the abilities are useless in a 1on1 (D>J has a long range and is unblockable, DvJ is quick and gives you space to breath, D^J can lock an enemy down so you can pick up a drink, DvA duh, D^A great harassing)
I've tried to have all the characters balanced ~~ to every situation, but focussed on creating a 4man vs Stage team.
You got a ranged supporter with healing (and even reviving) abilities, a fire-user (must-have to control bandit crowds by means of chainburn), somebody with loads of AoE and a guy who will get himself into the fray and is able to survive more hits then the other 3 (effectively a LF2-styled tank).

And actually it's quite fun (to me at least), to run this 4man in a stage mode.
Though I often see myself forced to pick Kato or Suikan, the AI is far better in controlling the latter two o.o

Quote:
Quote:I suppose the >>JA is the strange key combination the AI occasionally performs, but I could never do. It's the original dash_attack of Dokum (punch to the face) and supposed to be fully replaced by the boulder dash (as it replaces the dash in first place).
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=804 or http://y2f.heliohost.org/index.php?curre...nputs.html
just add a copy of 213 to 90
Rather, I should relink 90 to 213. After all 213 is the start of my dash attack. Which is the source of my confusion as to why Dokum can even perform the regular 90er dash attack... apparently LF2 can detect the dash+A before even entering the dash frame (given 213 has different states and shouldn't be able to call dash attack at all).
Quote:becoming invulnerable seems to be broken to me
suggestion: instead of having just one object, create objects constantly (deleting themselves again) - that way you won't have the problem of one of them changing teams
or use another type that can be hit all the time (weapons) regardless of the team
Becoming invulnerable without the ability to do anything at all, merely wasting mana, doesn't really seem broken to me. It's a means to distract enemies so your team can take them down (see above, 4man).
I can't utilize multiple objects, as the shield is supposed to be destroyed after taking x hp of damage. Cannot control that without using a single object.
Using a T1 could work, but I assume the 'hit' frames and similar stuff doesn't work as smoothly as with T3's?Otherwise it would be a better solution, I suppose.
Quote:I've recently managed to manipulate hp and mp in pretty strange ways which makes this possible because these are tied to the object rather than the character
it has some drawbacks but it might suit your characters
No clue how I'm supposed to create or utilize such an effect ^^' Does it contain HEX?

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: