Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The update of updates
Wow!
I really admire your, BluePhoenix, ability to spot that the forums were rusty, because in my heart it was still pretty new and looked pretty fresh and dope. I really did not expect an update, but I know it will be a major improvement to the functionality this forum had/will have!
It's a (neat) surprise, really :D
Thanks given by:
:) 
Wow great job  :)  I like this update but still prefer more the black bg.
Anyways pretty impressive :D
Thanks given by:
(09-21-2014, 01:05 PM)YinYin Wrote:  rest in peace, neat boxy style
Nnnnnope, ain't gonna happen again. Or it might happen. I don't know :p

(09-21-2014, 04:10 PM)Alapottra Wrote:  Missing The Dark Theme !!!!!!!! [Image: crying.gif]
Only after the forums work buglessly.

(09-21-2014, 09:01 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  Wow!
I really admire your, BluePhoenix, ability to spot that the forums were rusty, because in my heart it was still pretty new and looked pretty fresh and dope. I really did not expect an update, but I know it will be a major improvement to the functionality this forum had/will have!
It's a (neat) surprise, really :D
Haha, thanks a lot! :)

(09-21-2014, 11:18 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  Wow great job  :)  I like this update but still prefer more the black bg.
Anyways pretty impressive :D
As I said, I'll start with the theme once the core is fully up, running, and bugless.

...which gets me to the important content of the post:

You guys will have noticed that I removed the overview and the overkill-editor from the forums again. This is due to multiple complains I have received (and issued myself). Following are a little more elaborate reasons. Skip if you want :D
  • Overview: as neat as it looked like, keep the index-page opened for more than half an hour will make the browser accumulate more and more RAM for itself, the CPU usage rises steadily, and eventually brings the browser crash. I'll look into different options to display this stuff now.
  • Editor: it takes a while to get used to it. However, that's not the reason I kicked it. Multiquoting failed (ie. clicking the "Quote"-button of multiple posts, then inserting the posts' contents into the reply-form by clicking the link that appears below), post editing in wysiwyg-mode is buggy and constantly applies wrong formatting which forces users to go to source view simply to delete the stray tags, and, most importantly, it freezes up browsers or even crashes them eventually. Ain't wanna have that :p
    For now, the default editor will have to suffice (which is quite advanced as well... I think I might keep it).
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man , Alapottra , Rhino.Freak
Yay! The preview box is back :P. I also wanted to mention that I liked this new "jump to page" feature for the larger threads.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Being nit picky here but...
as im used to manually typing my tags in, when i want to re-edit my post it's not their anymore. The main issue is having it do weird stuff after i finish editing it.

example: using the list tag and then editing it either creates
  • additional lists when you hit the enter key
    or crumples it up together in one paragraph.

Exaggerated Example (Click to View)

edit: I only encounter the problem if i click on quick edit rather than fully edit.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2014, 05:01 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  Being nit picky here but...
as im used to manually typing my tags in, when i want to re-edit my post it's not their anymore. The main issue is having it do weird stuff after i finish editing it.

example: using the list tag and then editing it either creates
  • additional lists when you hit the enter keyor crumples it up together in one paragraph.

edit: I only encounter the problem if i click on quick edit rather than fully edit.

The list-tag needs list-element-symbols (aka. these bad guys here: [*]) in order to properly format lists. This will allow you to gain more control over things.

You can also switch to source-mode by clicking the rightmost button of the editor (or Ctrl+Shift+S inside the editor). If you wish to have the editor always start in sourcemode, you can do so by going to your User CP > Edit Options > Other Options > Put the editor in source mode by default.

So far, I am not sure about the difference between quick edit and full edit in terms of text-parsing (technically, they both call the same bits, so it should be equal). Considering how ridiculously complicated the editor-code is compared to the old one, it might take a while until it gets fixed (in fact, I'd rather wait on the creators to release a fix to avoid a) doing the same work twice and b) not introduce any unintentional leaks).

Thanks given by: LutiChris , Bamboori
I can confirm with Luti here, while I understand from his post that he does have that option checked, his problem is rather if you use the "Quick Edit" button it will show the WYSIWYG editor regardless of whether you have the "always show source" option checked or not.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2014, 10:16 AM)Ramond Wrote:  I can confirm with Luti here, while I understand from his post that he does have that option checked, his problem is rather if you use the "Quick Edit" button it will show the WYSIWYG editor regardless of whether you have the "always show source" option checked or not.

Well at least that should be fixed now :p

Thanks given by:
hate the new white theme
racist much heh
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
it's okay, because it's temporary
Thanks given by: