Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon: Weapon with dvz?
Ok.
I know I can use hit_j: 50+- to operate dvz in balls. I belevie it's just for objects with type 3. (correct me if im wrong)

What if I want to move a weapon in Z direction on spawn? Type 4
I tried to use hit_j, but it didn't seem to work.
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2014, 11:43 AM)Gad Wrote:  Ok.
I know I can use hit_j: 50+- to operate dvz in balls. I belevie it's just for objects with type 3. (correct me if im wrong)

What if I want to move a weapon in Z direction on spawn? Type 4
I tried to use hit_j, but it didn't seem to work.

you can let a ball create the wepons. since you can control the z of balls, it should work.
or do you need weapons to move after creation?
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I want to move object after a spawn.
Thanks given by:
I take it that you want to do something similar to Woody's D>A except that the character throws weapons?
What if the 1st frame of the thrown weapon is a ball frame like 3000 with hit_j, and then the 2nd frame goes back to being a normal weapon frame, would it retain the momentum of its z-movement? Or basically what mfc said, except you make the ball transform into the weapon.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2014, 04:41 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  I take it that you want to do something similar to Woody's D>A except that the character throws weapons?
What if the 1st frame of the thrown weapon is a ball frame like 3000 with hit_j, and then the 2nd frame goes back to being a normal weapon frame, would it retain the momentum of its z-movement?
I'm afraid not. The way hit_j: works (as far as I'm aware) is simply moving the object up or down by whatever specified, it doesn't actually change the velocity of the object. On top of that I think hit_j: only works this way in type: 3 object (balls).

I may have a solution, but it will require modifying the executable. There may be a solution involving data changing only, but it would most likely be buggy.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
hit_j doesnt even work on this object, regardless to the state

so i would need to use transformation state, which gives a simple mess, also as Someone else said - seems like hit_j doesn't add a value to the vector but simply moves the object

I want my character to grenades in few directions at once and facing: xx doesn't seem to look fancy, so I will probably have to go with type: 3 object with hit_Fa settings, but this won't allow the grenades to be picked. So i basically will need to spawn balls, which go down with dvy, then, after hitting the ground they spawn another grenades, pickable, which explode after some time.
Thanks given by:
If you can live with a slight delay and a lot of fine tuning you could use the facing in combination with an invisible ball that blocks the weapon movements only (itr kind 14). The blocking object could move along x and z to give each weapon from the facing a different offset (kind of like a shutter opening from one side) - however they would still all appear at the same time. If pulled off optimal the whole process should run completely invisibly during a wait 1 duration.

Alternatively you could try to spread them out on the z axis with a well placed weapon specific whirlwind itr.

edit: again this may be more trial and error than you are willing to put up with - maybe I'll throw some samples into the timer thing.
Thanks given by:
I will try using whirlwind itr, which is probably the best idea for now. The whole rest seems kinda hard to be configured.

I wanted to make it with type 3 hit_j, but I need it to go to the certain frame at hitting ground, so I need to use hit_fa, which autmatically makes the 'ball' chase enemy a little. goddamit
Thanks given by:
simple way: make it a regular ball and use dvy to do the up and down movement. give the ball a hit_a timer, which will lead it into a frame with hit_Fa right before it touches the ground(to allow ground hitting). hope you understand
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by: