Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Neora 2.07 (PDK + DLL)
[] 
Hello everybody~
This thread is originaly translated from Russian LFF Topic
Now i'm working on some kind of merging Alkarter's Exe и Silva's and folks DLL framework.
And also wanna ask you to forgive me 'bout mistakes. If u can tell me what i'm said here wrong way then PM me, please, and i'll fix that issue.

[Image: 8845048.png]

Let's do some introduce.
I call this project Neora by mixing from "Neo" (as New) and "Ra" (from rarara.dll project). If fact it's just DLL-project for PDK (Alkarter's Base) Engine, because it's much more useful than regular DLL project or LDK stuff. By the way i'm really miss some old DLL features, and as long it's not only i am.
I decided to learn ASM, reversing and kinda stuff to do all that by myself. That's the story :)

Neora is Basement for mods. And it's alsolutly compatible with all existing mods based on PDK 1.2+
You can just do exe replace from your mod project and use Neora stuff as you want. You don't need to rewrite your old DC codes, everything is compatible.

[Image: 7262652.png]

Attributes (Click to View)
[Image: 3681975.png]

[Image: 1940849.png]

[Image: 6812581.png]

艾爾卡特 (Alkarter) - developer of engine that was called PDK in LFF
Drakken - Creating DLL-prototype
Lord Silva - Rework of DLL for LF2 needs
1477 - a lot of functions that i looks at for example and some of them even ported
Surik - some things and help me for understanding ASM-logic
Archer-Dante - rework of old DLL features and adding more new :)

DOWNLOADS

Neora 2.09  - | Download |

- Experimental version
- Stable version. Recommend it.
Wow, speaking of Christmas :p

Gave it a quick shot. I totally dig the png-support! For those unaware of the impact: this actually allows you to give transparency to a character without relying on transparency-masks/grids. Load a sprite up, drag its opacity down to, let's say 50%, and it becomes truly translucent :D

What I'm not so sure about yet is whether the loading for each screen is so great or not (for creating chars, there is no doubt about its awesomeness, for pure gameplay, it might become annoying after some time). Either way, it's definitely something I've wanted to see for a while now!

Armor! The dreaded ID-dependent thing that forced the generic DCer to create a full mod for an armed char. But behold:
    DC-Code:
<armor>
   sound1: data\002.wav
   sound2: data\002.wav
   type: 1  ratio: 15  decrease: 10  mp: 0  fall: -1  bdefend: -1  injury: -1  delay: -1
   id: 208  id: 214
<armor_end>
(for explanation, the IDs 208 and 214 are Henry's superarrow and John's disk, respectively)
Implications --> :woah:

Stage-Bosses! Gone are the times where you'd have to play half an hour to make it up to stage x-5, only to fail there. Behold thine eyes:
    DC-Code:
<stage_information>
   id: 2
      name: Stage_3
      file: data\stage\stage3.dat
<stage_information_end>

<stage_information>
   id: 3
      name: Stage_3_LouisEX <boss>
      file: data\stage\stage3boss.dat
<stage_information_end>
The boss-stages actually get color-highlighted in the selection-menu. Which is dope.

Survival was missing in the originally released stage.dat, but the file is already in the data\stage-folder. Adding another fixed it for me. Kind of.
And this is really my only point of critique: the current Survival stage is not displayed*). Essentially, you'll have to keep track of when new waves spawn or just know these stages so well that you know who appears where. If the counter from the original survival-stage could be brought back, it'd be absolutely great!

So far, I haven't had the opportunity to test the other elements. But, oh boy, I am excited. Thank you for sharing this! :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
Quote:the loading for each screen is so great or not
1. It's from Alkarter's deal. Yea.
2. It's loading only dats, images and sound that going to be used in fight. So that like lower RAM use. We did tests :3

Quote:And this is really my only point of critique: the current Survival stage is not displayed
Ah, yeah. This PDK feature again.
Alkarter removed Survival, but changes of stage system now allow anybody create stage mode up to 500 substages. I guess thats good reason to forgive this one

All this stuff is really serious reason to rework and build dll for this :D
Maybe i'll rework dat of stages to bring survival back. Dunno. :p

Quote:Wow, speaking of Christmas :)
A-a-and...CORRECT! =P
Thanks given by: EpicMickeyBR
How do I change the background that appears the "Loading"? I found nothing in the "menu" folder or the "UI"
Thanks given by:
Quote:How do I change the background that appears the "Loading"? I found nothing in the "menu" folder or the "UI"
sprite\loading\1.lfi
Thanks given by: EpicMickeyBR
I downloaded it with high hopes until I remembered what PDK was. The new features are great, but I faced the same bug that detracted me: You always dash in the direction you're facing instead of the way your momentum is going (unless you hold a direction).
For example, on the original LF2 if you jump and turn around, you dash backwards. On PDK/Neora, you do the same and you dash forward instead.
I'll keep an eye on this though. Hopefully that will be fixed as well from PDK.

Edit: Is there a way to modify how many TUs it takes for regeneration? Just curious.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Quote:On PDK/Neora, you do the same and you dash forward instead.
Yup, already got report about this. Maybe someday i'll fix that, cuz now i don't really know what the real reason of that possible to be.
For me it's looks like press-reading dissapear in couple states. For example, yet you can't reset special ability while lying, there in no control-reading comparing with original LF2.
Sounds same... control loss.

Quote:Edit: Is there a way to modify how many TUs it takes for regeneration? Just curious.
So...the engine of LF2 works like Every TU code doing something. HP/MP regen works the same way.
Naturaly there is no way to do regen less than 1 point per TU.
But it's kinda possible if make some TU counter. Like this logic: "Add 1 Point to Health when TU counter reaches 30, then reset it to 0".
With this logic 1 HP will regen per 1 second. It lowers original logic, but will works, i guess :p
So yea, it's kinda possible and even not too hard to make.
Thanks given by:
(12-29-2014, 08:52 AM)Archer-Dante Wrote:  For me it looks like press-reading disappear in a couple states. For example, yet you can't reset special ability while lying, there in no control-reading comparing with original LF2.
Sounds same... control loss.

If you're talking about what I'm thinking, I think it's an improvement. The original LF2 has an invisible "button press" limit that was like 5 inputs or something, so pressing D>D>A would not result in a special move. PDK's exe allows you to do the same input and the special move would be registered.

Also it wouldn't hurt to include some of the features PDK provides in a spoiler post or a txt file in the download. One example is that DJJ and DAA are now legitimately inputtable special moves now as hit_jj and hit_aa. It would be good for people who aren't as familiar with PDK.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
Thanks given by: Archer-Dante
Quote:If you're talking about what I'm thinking, I think it's an improvement. The original LF2 has an invisible "button press" limit that was like 5 inputs or something, so pressing D>D>A would not result in a special move. PDK's exe allows you to do the same input and the special move would be registered.
Mmm! I really appreciate you told me about 5-keys limit register!

Quote:Also it wouldn't hurt to include some of the features PDK provides in a spoiler post or a txt file in the download. One example is that DJJ and DAA are now legitimately inputtable special moves now as hit_jj and hit_aa. It would be good for people who aren't as familiar with PDK.
I guess we'll make PDK feature list in future. It is exist even now, but just translation from chinese, where is a lot of not really correct info, or leaked details. When its been complete and closely correct, then i'll make english feature list ^^
Thanks given by:
It also doesn't register when you do an input like DD>A. Now that I look into this, it seems like there's a 3-button limit.
Someone could probably can explain this better than me, but from what I found, pressing defend triggers LF2 to start buffering inputs. So pressing defend again registers as part of the input. A direction after the second defend ends the buffer.

In simple words, D>D>A registers as D>D and then >A, both of which do nothing; DD>A registers DD> and then A.
Like I said, PDK's changes regarding move inputs are an improvement over the regular LF2 as pressing Defend starts the buffer every time.
Thanks given by: Archer-Dante