Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yusei's sprites
Nice,better than previous one's.The shades are done pretty well,just you will have to work on body shape or proportions.
Thanks given by: the mad maskman
(05-18-2017, 06:42 AM)penew Wrote:  Nice,better than previous one's.The shades are done pretty well,just you will have to work on body shape or proportions.

well, i kind of corrected it after i posted. i will update the attatchment(btw if his arm looks weird, it's simply because he doesen't have one :p)

i have a question. i'm using photofiltre to sprite. should i use the pencil tool or the brush?

new one, and modified old one
the old one still sucks thought        
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
i reworked some old sprites, thought one of them was just a lazy edit        
Thanks given by:
edit: don't know why images don't work, check the attatchment in the bottom
[Image: fkwtvTz.png]
"well, let's see, what is this?"
the few persons who look at this post will maybe have this question in their minds.
well this is the name of an rpg game project that i am working on with game maker(alone for the moment).
i planned it to be an action rpg, but if i can't get the animations done well, i'm gonna make it a normal one(don't worry it's gonna have some action
"sounds cool(or not) but why are you posting this in the sprite section of the forum?"
well first, because i only have some sprites to show. basically, i only sprited,the general design of the characters, using exactly the same template, so these are just ideas.
[Image: RN7zwvj.gif]
now, these are the characters of the game(don't ask me why do shadows have a shading)
the first one, the mage
close combat capabilities: 1/5
mid range combat capabilities: 4/5
long range combat capabilities: 3/5
supportive abilities: 4/5
a mid range mage. best at supporting allies from the rear. + has a (not so) cool magical staff(or is it a wand ;) )

the second one, the tank
close combat capabilities: 5/5
mid range combat capabilities: 2/5
long range combat capabilities: 0/5
supportive abilities: 3/5
close range fighter. amazing defense. good at shielding allies. looks like being fat is a good thing in this game.(no offense fat people. coz' i'm fat too)

i only revealed the combat capabilities of these too, i need to think more about how to balance the others.
"ok, so you did show us(or me) some not so good(crappy) sprites, now what?"
the game mechanics, of course.
regardless of it being an action rpg or a normal rpg, this game is playable by 1 to 4 people.
if i manage to make the animations smooth enough, it will look a lot like lf2, but it won't be moddable, and will have rpg elements.
if i cannot, then combat will be in three layers, with possibility of moving between the three to dodge attacks(somewhat like subway surfer, except that you will be dodging attacks, not obstacles) and move forward and backward(10 blocks long, 3 layers wide. remmember this), and combat will take place in real time.

that's it. if you are (somehow) interested, your help is welcome, be it ideas, advice, sprites, or even willing to join the project, you are welcome. i am excpecting help from one of my real life friends.
(oh and before someone asks, yes, i play shadowfight2 a lot.)

STM1993 edited this post 05-25-2017 03:18 AM because:
Here, I fixed your image links for you.
You used the wrong link, using links to imgur site rather than direct link to image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
keep at it bro and btw I can't see your sprites on last post it looks like an error
oh, sorry. it should work now( thanks stm for fixing it)
Thanks given by:

new one :D
Thanks given by: Bupkis
okay then, just found this sprite on my computer. reaaaally old.    
Thanks given by: You'rHighness
These aren't that bad, but as mentioned, proportions could use some work, a tip is to take already existing chars, create outlines separating each body part (different outlines for head, legs, hands, body, use layers, its gonna come in handy :P) , then try one from scratch. Some of these guys have huge or small bodyparts, others have strange stances, or somewhat confused shading. Still, they aren't that bad and you're constantly improving. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Actually, i didn't create any of them from scratch. I've been using template as a... template :p . Also, i cannot understand how to make layers with photofiltre. Is it even possible usin this program? Also, is making a char big then rescaling useful? I've heard lots of people talking about it in the forum.
Thanks given by: