Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Mod: LF2 Extra
Hello, I would like to present to forum a bit of progress on the mod I've been working on recently. I'm going mainly for little changes in basic actions rather than new special moves, also taking inspiration from alf2. These are things completed so far:

Deep >>JA (Click to View)
Deep (lying) +J (Click to View)
Deep combo >>JA+JA (Click to View)
Deep combo2 DvA+D>A+A (Click to View)
John >>JA (Click to View)
John jump +JA (Click to View)
Henry (getting hit while being caught) (Click to View)
Henry (landing after dash) +J (Click to View)
Henry >>JA (Click to View)
Rudolf JA (Click to View)
Rudolf >>DA (Click to View)
Rudolf (getting hit while defending) +A (Click to View)
Louis >>JA (Click to View)
Louis >>DA (Click to View)
Louis jump +JA (Click to View)
Firen jump +JA (Click to View)
Freeze (getting hit while defending) +D (Click to View)
Freeze JA (Click to View)
Freeze dash +D (Click to View)
Freeze >>JA (Click to View)
Dennis >>JA (+A) (Click to View)
Dennis DvA+< (Click to View)
Woody >>J<+A (Click to View)
Woody (getting hit while being caught) (Click to View)
Woody combo back dash attack + dash attack +D>J (Click to View)
Davis >>JA (Click to View)
Davis jump +D (Click to View)
Davis combo DvA+<+A+J+A (Click to View)
Firzen >>JA (Click to View)
Firzen (getting hit while defending) +D (Click to View)
Firzen dash +D (Click to View)
LouisEX >>JA (Click to View)
LouisEX >>DA (Click to View)
LouisEX heavy running +J (Click to View)
I don't mind, although you could actually write also something on topic. Waiting for progress on your project.

Few more things I polished:

Henry (landing after dash) +J (Click to View)
Henry >>DA (Click to View)
Louis >>JA (Click to View)
Louis >>A (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
These small things look really cool! I really like Rudolf's >>DA and Firzen's >>JA.
How did you manage to do these random actions for Henry and Woody?
Thanks given by:
Thank you!

Mainly thanks to Nyamaiku and his topic here: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=9025
Everytime caught character is getting injured, they opoint a weapon with 2 "blank" itrs and one catching itr. If he get caught by it, he goes to pushing/teleporting frame.
Thanks given by:
Guess it's enough new stuff to be worth double posting:

John >>JA (Click to View)
John jump +JA (Click to View)
Henry >>JA (Click to View)
Freeze JA (Click to View)
Freeze dash +D (Click to View)
Firen jump +JA (Click to View)
Firzen (getting hit while defending) +D (Click to View)
Firzen dash +D (Click to View)
Louis jump +JA (Click to View)
LouisEX >>DA (Click to View)
LouisEX heavy running +J (Click to View)
Dennis DvA+< (Click to View)
Woody combo back dash attack + dash attack +D>J (Click to View)
Davis combo DvA+<+A+J+A (Click to View)
Deep combo >>JA+JA (Click to View)
Deep combo2 DvA+D>A+A (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Bamboori , STM1993
Guess it's (not) enough new stuff to be worth double triple posting:

Freeze >>JA (Click to View)
But wonder if people prefer smaller updates with better description.

Freeze has a random chance of either freezing opponent with more damage, or performing even weaker version of regular dash attack. Do you like such random chances, or should it always be a freezing attack with fixed damage. Feedback and cc is highly appreciated. If anyone is interested in certain, showed so far move i can post a description of it.
Thanks given by:
I think its up to you to decide whether the attack be fixed or random.since if you are making your version random or it depends that way.speaking of your way.

Ah yes you should write a new post,even if the update is smaller.with description. If not how would we know that you updated your previous post without knowing in our unreadposts.
Thanks given by:
Hari Wrote:Freeze has a random chance of either freezing opponent with more damage, or performing even weaker version of regular dash attack. Do you like such random chances, or should it always be a freezing attack with fixed damage.
Hmm, I think it might be a little weird when such fundamental basic moves have a random aspect to them. It could work really well with special attacks, but I feel like there's some need for the basics to be reliable.

But honestly, I don't really know, I haven't touched LF2 in ages.
Thanks given by:
quite innovative. This reminds me of yinyin's unfinished A-LF2.
Keep it up. I'm waiting this to be finished :)
Shin Hanazumi
The Second Flower of Hanazumi Kazoku
Junior Data Changer
Thanks given by:
(10-31-2017, 10:22 PM)YourHighness Wrote:  I think its up to you to decide whether the attack be fixed or random.since if you are making your version random or it depends that way.speaking of your way.
I'm asking because I can't decide. Also it's good to hear feedback from community and possibly make forum a bit more lively.

(10-31-2017, 10:22 PM)YourHighness Wrote:  Ah yes you should write a new post,even if the update is smaller.with description. If not how would we know that you updated your previous post without knowing in our unreadposts.
I'll go for smaller updates then, will be getting more busy now, so it's better also for me.

(11-01-2017, 12:18 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Hmm, I think it might be a little weird when such fundamental basic moves have a random aspect to them. It could work really well with special attacks, but I feel like there's some need for the basics to be reliable.

But honestly, I don't really know, I haven't touched LF2 in ages.
I wanted to get rid of randomness since sprites always show ice effect and changed my mind a bit, to make these alternative attacks as "better", rather than just alternatives.
Not sure if everyone realized, but >>JA and >>DA actions are YinYin's double key inputs, all of original moves stays the same.

(11-02-2017, 05:00 PM)shin hanazumi Wrote:  quite innovative. This reminds me of yinyin's unfinished A-LF2.
Keep it up. I'm waiting this to be finished :)
Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoy it.

Here's something new:
Rudolf D>J+D>A (Click to View)
Right after landing from D>J you can press D>A to perform run attack, of course can choose direction.

Rudolf >>JA+D>A (Click to View)
It's also possible from dash attack, but only if you perform it as >>JA (double key input).
In both cases it cost mp.

Rudolf JA(+A) (Click to View)
Changed his JA action, so you can press A to slash with second sword, aka super punch.

Think I'm gonna delete few of the moves that i'm not happy with, or try to improve what's possible. Would like to go for more useful actions, not just changes for sake of changes, as i was doing so far. Especially jump+JA doesn't seem like good idea now.
Thanks given by: