Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Character: Memento & Sauce's original character edits
Sauce and I want to make some changes to the original LF2 characters. Sauce and I are both working on data, Sauce does the AI.

Right now we are working on:
- Woody. Progress state: almost finished. New move: >>A or JA (fast!) or A from crouch/defend hit --> Quick uppercut punch
- Freeze. Progress state: almost finished. New move: D^A+A --> Ice punch combo
- Firen. Progress state: 0%. New move: DvA fire kicking combo
- Rudolf. Progress state: 10%. New move: DvA slash

CHARACTERS
1. Woody (v0.99)

Created for LF2 Extended initially, with sprites by Arcane and data by Memento.

Woody update
Latest version for download: v0.99

CHANGES TO MOVES
- Run attack *=quick uppercut) [>>A]
- D^J has changed to the quick uppercut
- DvJ now covers both teleport moves. DvJ = teleport to friend; DvJ+A = teleport to opponent

2. Freeze
[Image: TlhLm1ZPJIrFz2V.gif]
View post
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
I think this move should get lower dvx and a faster start.
First this can be use as a Shield Swipe (maybe push A while defense could use it)
Second,in video after this move and a kick,opponent falling because the blanking between two attacks is too short,adjust wait setting could fix it.
Anyway,a good change.
Sauce,No.1 player in China.
I don't need any fame,because I know who I am.
Thanks given by: Memento
Thanks, it should be fixed now :D

New data file

When done from run attack, it will still perform the attack with the +1 wait time.

Should I make the DJA input cost a little MP or not, what do you think?

Next up is Firen. Shall I implement a short range attack?
[Image: firen%20fire%20kicks_zpscwtk0nsl.gif]
I found this here: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.ph...#pid208627

I won't be doing much work for this one, as we already have valuable sprites & data that should simply be modified a bit into running properly with the original game.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
[Image: bctlfzq.gif]

I think sprite with second blur effect isn't needed, kinda mess up motion and go for some retreat sprites
(07-24-2020, 02:39 PM)Memento Wrote:  Thanks, it should be fixed now :D

New data file

When done from run attack, it will still perform the attack with the +1 wait time.

Should I make the DJA input cost a little MP or not, what do you think?

Next up is Firen. Shall I implement a short range attack?
[Image: firen%20fire%20kicks_zpscwtk0nsl.gif]
I found this here: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.ph...#pid208627

I won't be doing much work for this one, as we already have valuable sprites & data that should simply be modified a bit into running properly with the original game.
Well Done.
How much fighters do you want to work for?If you are going to make it for mod,I can make some changes with boss characters.

I found a lot of LF2 materials from other versions. I think it will be very gorgeous to use in mod. Then I know how to put the staff table in the stage mode, so in fact, I can complete most moves.
[Image: i4KpXRYQS16albJ.png]
[Image: gzJu2sfc7YhvalU.png]
[Image: MvGOirulEHPyCbQ.png]
[Image: cMbZ9VH1WDydOfP.png]
[Image: yQ53FWYalHUzpSe.png]
[Image: lFDw3QKi2HauRCv.png]
[Image: vSHGhalULPmJs6V.png]
(07-23-2020, 06:31 PM)Memento Wrote:  I'm pretty sure there will be more edits coming, so I'll just put this into 1 thread.
This is my throw at slightly modifying the original LF2 characters to make them more interesting even.

1. Woody
Please let me know what you think, and if this is a positive adjustment to the original character yes/no

Even though Woody is't my favorite character I consider him the strongest fighter.
Davis and Dennis have great potential for practical combos (ignoring Dennis' infinite combo, being  clearly unintentional), Woody, however, has the most overpowering skill in all game... the FLIP-KICK!
No Mp! Vrest! Fall 70 + 50 damage. In addition to a large collision box and enabling Woody to Dash.
Again: NO MANA AT ALL! ZERO!

First of all: the sprite animation is very nice and I fully agree with what you said: Woody's running_attack is't that useful. But now, lets analyze: Would an experienced player prefer to use your DJA skill (a reasonably more difficult imput), Arest with a little more damage potencial and longer animation, or the Flip-Kick?
Well... i choose Flip-Kick.

In addition, Woody has 6 inputs. John doesn't have that many spells. Neither Julian ... With this new one we have 7! I think is too much.

My sugestion: lets keep this new attack as a running attack.
Woody throws a quick punch in to opponent's stomach. A fast animation with relevant dvx, low damage, small collision box and high fall (30~40?). After that:
Hit-A= The original running_attack. But i prefer to punch first and then the high-kick (fall: 45).
Hit-J= (35~50 mp) Woody quickly crosses the enemies, appearing on the other side where can apply HIT_A as well.
So, to maintain the opportunity momentum let's hit-lag the enemy without damage. An obj/t3 with fall: -1 will easily do this.
Concept: a effective engage without high damage, made to initiate combos. It's Woody's version of Davis's jumphit. The Dragon jumps, the Tiger advances.

This topic make me inspired to remade my Woody Super_punch.
If anyone enjoy, can pick and use. But its just a sample.

[Image: fcyBOND.gif]
Thanks given by: memskey , Memento
Hmm yes. As for the comparison with D^A: the first part of the DJA hit is with a wait +: 2 and a vrest: 12. After that an arest value with a wait: 0. The use of the move is different from the flip kick, it allows for breaking defences in a slightly different situation. Honestly I like it as a stunning attack, but I understand why you say another move is too much for Woody. I like him this way, but I have to consider these things so thanks! :)

@TheHari I changed the sprite sequence a bit in the update

Woody update
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-OVMry...sp=sharing (03-08-2020)

CHANGES TO MOVES
- Run attack *=quick uppercut) [>>A]
- Quick uppercut (from standing/walking) [(fast) JA]
- Quick uppercut after teleport [D^J/DvJ + A]
- Quick uppercut from stop_running frames

The new move is mainly a defense breaker. It reduced it's effectiveness a little bit in this update and changed the input from DJA to the above. I also removed the energy cost and reduced the bedefend and fall values. Is this better?

There's also a recording in the .zip file, if you don't want to play. It can be viewed in LF2

[Image: PUcbKmaM5DFi2fLz8qlZpx4hqdwq7aoud6u838e8...authuser=0]
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: JCostal
Sauce's original character edits
Rudolf:
[Image: GMtTeSl3kEQvq4r.gif]
Freeze:
If anyone own these sprites,please call me.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2020, 04:00 PM)酱油君~ Wrote:  Sauce's original character edits
Rudolf:
Freeze:

From where did you get freeze's sprites ???
Have a Good Day !!!
Stuff you might like (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2020, 03:29 AM)sssks6070 Wrote:  
(08-03-2020, 04:00 PM)酱油君~ Wrote:  Sauce's original character edits
Rudolf:
Freeze:

From where did you get freeze's sprites ???
Memento give me a folder named "From 2.4",I thought It's coming from your "Little Fighter 2.4",and then I asked if we should use other's sprites,and answer is "Yes,only non-existing moves that we feel should be added."and then I used it.Do you make this sprite?
Thanks given by: