Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mod: LF2 Timelapse (open source)
(08-02-2020, 02:07 PM)Memento Wrote:  (1) Should we add a new input [defend + attack] to most/all characters, to counter from the 'defend hit' frames?

Sure

(08-02-2020, 02:07 PM)Memento Wrote:  (2) Should we make use of a hit_a tags with special moves, i.e. Henry's D>A, to allow some characters for a slower but stronger version of a move?

Definitely

No need to forcing it for all of the characters, they can still have unique additional basic abilities.
I added counter attack for Rudolf, as it fits him as a ninja and Deep because there are fitting sprites fot it.
You can add also normal D+A attacks or double key input JA, as no one really realised mod with it.
Thanks given by: Memento
Instead of JA , I would suggest you to use JD because you will end up doing JA move everytime you try to perform Jump Attack ...

I recently changed all the commands of JA to JD in LF2.4 ...
Have a Good Day !!!
Stuff you might like (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Memento
(08-04-2020, 03:42 AM)sssks6070 Wrote:  Instead of JA , I would suggest you to use JD because you will end up doing JA move everytime you try to perform Jump Attack ...

Honestly to me this didn't feel like a problem, but that could be because I don't use Woody's jump attack in the first place when I use him :p I'll consider it.

---

Edit: I have an idea for Rudolf and other characters that could cause the opponent to bleed. When the opponent gets hit by a slashing/cutting attack, have it spawn an ITR that stays with the opponent and gives him/her slow damage for some time. [yes/no]
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(08-02-2020, 02:07 PM)Memento Wrote:  I need your opinions :) On the subject: new general moves & inputs

(1) Should we add a new input [defend + attack] to most/all characters, to counter from the 'defend hit' frames? [yes/no]

The effectiveness and kind of countermove depends on the character, and we're aiming to maintain game balance.

(2) Should we make use of a hit_a tags with special moves, i.e. Henry's D>A, to allow some characters for a slower but stronger version of a move? [yes/no]

(1) The idea is great. The problem that came across when I trying to implement a similar mechanism was conflicts in the commands (inputs).

For example:
An enemy on your back gonna punch! You turn, defend and press A for a counter-attack. But the character performs a D>A.

OK. You can DataChange to give priority order to execute the counter-attack. But from there comes another question: what if the player wants to use D>A instead of a counter-attack?
Its a nice implementation. But difficult.

(2) For sure.

counter-attack possibility:

I suppose it would be a command that consumes MP (otherwise it becomes overpower and strangle the action), you could implement something like instant-cast. An alternative version of the skill with fast wait values...
?
That is just a suggestion. I don't know if that's what you're looking for.
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2020, 07:21 PM)Memento Wrote:  
(08-04-2020, 03:42 AM)sssks6070 Wrote:  Instead of JA , I would suggest you to use JD because you will end up doing JA move everytime you try to perform Jump Attack ...

Honestly to me this didn't feel like a problem, but that could be because I don't use Woody's jump attack in the first place when I use him :p I'll consider it.

---

Edit: I have an idea for Rudolf and other characters that could cause the opponent to bleed. When the opponent gets hit by a slashing/cutting attack, have it spawn an ITR that stays with the opponent and gives him/her slow damage for some time. [yes/no]

I guess you mean something like this -

A small video

I found it in DR-LF2/DRS and I guess this is hardcored in exe as a new effect.
Have a Good Day !!!
Thanks given by:
Quote:A small video

I found it in DR-LF2/DRS and I guess this is hardcored in exe as a new effect.

Somehow I can't view the video.

Also, I was looking for backgrounds and found this: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.ph...#pid208776
Unfortunately most of the links appear to be broken. If you have any of these backgrounds, would you be so kind to share it here? (doesn't mean it gets to be in the mod automatically)

Woody:

Quote:Instead of JA , I would suggest you to use JD because you will end up doing JA move everytime you try to perform Jump Attack ... I recently changed all the commands of JA to JD in LF2.4 ...

- INPUT: I thought about it some more, but I think JA works fine in Woody's case. Sauce requested to have the attack input in the crouch frames, do the move. It got a bit spammy maybe, but I haven't had any gameplay problems because of it, except being too strong with it. Anyway an input is something we can always change before a big release, easily done in terms of data changing :)
- SKILL UPDATE: Because Woody got even faster and more dangerous, it could be considered to much... So, I decided to lower the injury of the attack and add 1 extra TU at the end of the punch, but also 1 extra TU when used from the following frames: crouch, stop_running, defend (frame 111) frames I made changes to the data to make the move a little bit weaker, since it's 0MP and spammy.

Davis:
I'd like a talk about a very loved character: Davis!

(1) What's your opinion on (the original) Davis?

My opinion on Davis
Shall I make this change? [yes/no]

(2) What kind of skill/move should we add to davis?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Wow you can't view my video and I can't view the link of background you provided .It says you don't have administrative rights ...

Anyways, updated the link of video try opening it again. In case you still can't view it , it is about a character named "Badger" or "Ceasar" (a louis like character) from DRS/DR-LF2. He summons a sword like freeze and when you hit enemies with it , it just works like that thing which you wanted to add in Rudolf .. 

"Enemies stay in Dance of the pain state and lose their mp per second !!"

About Davis -

1.Adding bdy in davis's first singlong frame is great idea. It will make him more balanced.

2.Davis lacks a move like Woody's D>J.
Something like Singlong punch but in foward direction.

Something extra I would like to suggest ..

It is about heavy weapons, characters should have next: 12 instead of next: 999 in frame no. 19 and 117. It will also fix some bugs too , which occur when you hit someone when he/she is picking a heavy weapon ....

Forgive me for my bad english
:D
Have a Good Day !!!
Thanks given by:
I'll look into it and edit this post, so please look back in a day or so. [Edit: see post below]

As for the input in Woody: I suddenly have an idea. I can put both his teleporting moves under DvJ, where DvJ+A can be teleport to friend. Then I will use D^J as input for the new punch.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(08-05-2020, 05:07 PM)Memento Wrote:  I'll look into it and edit this post, so please look back in a day or so.

As for the input in Woody: I suddenly have an idea. I can put both his teleporting moves under DvJ, where DvJ+A can be teleport to friend. Then I will use D^J as input for the new punch.

Idea is nice but don't you think it would be like forcefully adding something new to him.

Messing with original commands will make him lose his originality and I don't think Marti and Starky would do something like that ....
Have a Good Day !!!
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2020, 04:58 PM)sssks6070 Wrote:  Wow you can't view my video and I can't view the link of background you provided .It says you don't have administrative rights ...

It must have something to do with Google drive. I will upload it somewhere else and put a link here.

(01-22-1975, 11:17 PM)sssks6070
Anyways, updated the link of video opening it again. In case you still can't view it , it is about a character named "Badger" or "Ceasar" (a louis like character) from DRS/DR-LF2. He summons a sword like freeze and when you hit enemies with it , it just works like that thing which you wanted to add in Rudolf .. 

"Enemies stay in Dance of the pain state and lose their mp per second !!"
[/quote' Wrote:  
I'll try the mod

(01-22-1975, 11:17 PM)sssks6070

About Davis -

1.Adding bdy in davis's first singlong frame is great idea. It will make him more balanced.

2.Davis lacks a move like Woody's D>J.
Something like Singlong punch but in foward direction.

Something extra I would like to suggest ..

It is about heavy weapons, characters should have next: 12 instead of next: 999 in frame no. 19 and 117. It will also fix some bugs too , which occur when you hit someone when he/she is picking a heavy weapon ....

Forgive me for my bad english
:D

1. I'll make it and see what happens

2. I'll consider it. I think we have to keep in mind this is also what makes Davis a completely different character than Woody. I think Marti & Starsky did this on purpose, as well as giving Davis a slower (but also strong/defence Breaking) dash attack. If we decide to make a move similar to Woody's Tiger Dash in terms of practical use, I believe it should be weaker and over a shorter distance than Woody's D>J. This in turn gives more reason to inplement a combo move with fall: 70, high dvx values and a -dvy value in both the character and itr. Maybe with added energy effect and being difficult to hit while he's using the move (similar to Woody's Tiger Dash). What do you think?

Extra. About this suggestion, thanks for that! I will see if it interferes with the gameplay in a good way and probably implement it :)

I could understand everything fine. Thanks for the effort :)

(08-05-2020, 10:54 PM)sssks6070 Wrote:  [quote="Memento Wrote:  As for the input in Woody: I suddenly have an idea. I can put both his teleporting moves under DvJ, where DvJ+A can be teleport to friend. Then I will use D^J as input for the new punch.

Idea is nice but don't you think it would be like forcefully adding something new to him.

Messing with original commands will make him lose his originality and I don't think Marti and Starky would do something like that ....

I believe this is a personal preference.. To me it's logical to change the Telesport to enemy input to DvJ+A (of +J), simply because we don't have to force a fully new input for Woody. It was also agreed on a couple of times that an input with a hit_a for a stronger/boosted attack would be a good thing in some characters. Why not with Woody's teleport?^_^However, the input may be changed back if it will work better with the other characters :)

Of course you could still discuss if Woody nerds any changes at all. Therefor I think to general opinion is very important. Any edit that I make that is not wanted, will be deleted from the data.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: