Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Character: Kaktena
(08-14-2020, 07:12 PM)The_Hari Wrote:  Only thing I'm not really a fan of is self heal, especially such a "dramatic" one, compared to John who simply flicks a wand to do the same thing.

But i like making some animations :O

(08-14-2020, 07:12 PM)The_Hari Wrote:  I'd say being ungraceful is a good thing here. She seems more like such a rough and goofy charcter to me. Also instead of making buggy posion effect, those spiky things could use itr kind 8 and stick to and jump from one character to another.

But what would the do to enemy and allys at the same time ?

anyway made the dash attack and jump attack
[Image: jvlH3Dt.gif] [Image: iM4Mvno.gif]
deleted the original superpunch cause bouncing an enemy on the ground would be tricky or buggy to do so i will either make a new run attack or superpunch. so basic movements are pretty much finished now i have to do specials :O
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by: Jahvansi , LutiChris , JCostal
Im enjoing A LOT following the creation of this char.
The 2° Healing-Pose looks awesome, by the way. Even if you don't end up making her have a healing ability, create something using this pose.

Keep the great work!
Thanks given by: JoHo15
So the last few days I remade the Weapon attack animations and the glove is more like a claw now.

Holding
[Image: BBfj4k9.png]

Getting Weapon
[Image: bgdJ7Eo.gif]

Weapon Attack 1
[Image: zKlCdBb.gif]

Weapon Attack 2
[Image: 6LT19Nd.gif]

Air Weapon Attack
[Image: 01CTC9C.gif]
Thanks given by: Nyamaiku , JCostal
Here is the new SuperPunch
[Image: MVmBc9j.gif]

and the first Specialattack
[Image: 1DnSe6j.gif]
Thanks given by: The_Hari , Silverthorn
(08-11-2020, 06:31 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  Introduction
It all startet that i realized that i havent finished a single char,
for the game that awake my passion for drawing again.
Because most of the time i was thinking of making a whole mod,
so this time i will just focus at one char, that i have at least finished one since the 8 years i started spriting.

Description
So about the char itself its basic idea is based on a cactus,
i have just one move in mind at the moment so i am not 100% set on the moves yet
so if u have some suggestions feel free to post them maybe i will u some of your ideas.
I was also thinking of making some kind of posionos moves.

Progress
The name of the Char is Kaktena
[Image: kWZD7BR.png]

Idle
[Image: dZfP1gz.gif]

Special Weapon (Click to View)

As u can see most of the Basics sheets are already done i just have to do some Attack sprites and specials.
If u notice some major flaws or something bugs u in the sprites itself please let me know.

I really love your character. By the way, what graphics program did you use when creating it? .. I thought it was finished but as the saying goes, "the later, the better it will be" xD I invented it. hahah.
sorry for my english ... i'm spanish
(08-22-2020, 06:22 PM)FerZ Wrote:  I really love your character. By the way, what graphics program did you use when creating it?

Thanks, i use Clip Studio Paint for all things drawing at the moment.

(08-22-2020, 06:22 PM)FerZ Wrote:  I thought it was finished but as the saying goes, "the later, the better it will be" xD I invented it. hahah.
sorry for my english ... i'm spanish

yeah, just need to figure out the last 2 special moves and the weapon also needs still some work
Thanks given by:
The spin animation has a super fluid animation. Amazing!

Good job man.
So the Char should be finished now, hope u like her :D

Here are previews for all Special attacks, i also updated the first post.

Download
Mediafire

Credits
-JoHo15 for sprites and face picture.
-Nyamaiku for data and AI.
-STM93, Leviaiz, Fonix and Thomas(aka Luminance)
for playtesting and feedback.
-STM93 for in depth balancing discussions.
Thanks given by: STM1993 , JCostal , MoragWan , LutiChris , 酱油君~ , rewlf2 , Cabba , Sin , Jahvansi
I love your drawing, JoHo, please help me!!!
Thanks given by:
Coming back to LF2 after 10+ years. Very glad to see the community is still active. Awesome character mate. Not just full of great ideas and genuinely fun to play with, but original spritework too.
"I have been playing too many 'AAA' games on my PC lately. I gotta stop. Why you ask? Well, I saw this really beautiful sunset once, and the first thing that came to my mind was, 'The clouds need more Anti-aliasing'" - LThaz3