Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running up the sides of stage
Got it up to this so far. Works anywhere, vs mode, stage mode, any bg, etc.

[Image: 55838673qn5.gif]

Only problems...
-Any way to get rid of the "com"? Some Id or state? Already tried id30
-Any method to make running opoint something?
OR
-Any way to duplicate a new running state where you are still able to stop running by pressing back?

Currently I'm using a state4 for running, but not being able to stop by pressing back is annoying.
Thanks given by:
get rid of com: make the word-sheets in the exe a simple black bitmap :D Or ask Silva if he can delete com-logo (maybe id-specific?)
running state: dunno, state: 5 might work. Also, there's a hit_back-tag embedded in the exe. Although I've never seen it inside a dat-file.....
running opoint: you could hold a weapon which opoints things at a certain weapon-frame which is to be accessed by weaponact.

cool idea, moved to advanced ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I would prefer not to remove it from the bitmap :p Causes some confusion if playing battle mode. Well I'm using the 2.0 exe, dunno if its possible to edit that yet. (Been away for a while)

Can't really use weapon to opoint it out, then I can't use normal weapons :/

I'll give state 5 a shot
Thanks given by:
Or you can also use a simple HEX editor, open LF2, search for "com" and replace it with three spaces.
That sounds sooo difficult.
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2009, 02:52 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Or you can also use a simple HEX editor, open LF2, search for "com" and replace it with three spaces.

(01-29-2009, 01:06 PM)zxcv11791 Wrote:  I would prefer not to remove it from the bitmap :p Causes some confusion if playing battle mode.

The problem lies in-game, the purple COMs which won't show up and thus... confuse or annoy a little in battle and stage mode :p
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2009, 12:51 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Also, there's a hit_back-tag embedded in the exe. Although I've never seen it inside a dat-file.....
because it does not work - stop mentioning it

hit_d will work if you also have a negative mp value noted in that frame (and it was activated through next)

see firens D>J (the state shouldnt matter)
(01-29-2009, 02:52 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Or you can also use a simple HEX editor, open LF2, search for "com" and replace it with three spaces.
That sounds sooo difficult.
what i did in klf2 - however it creates the same problem
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2009, 03:07 PM)YinYin Wrote:  hit_d will work if you also have a negative mp value noted in that frame (and it was activated through next)

lol, just a thought, but - would LF2 accept a mp: -0 ?
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Nope, doesn't accept mp: -0
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2009, 12:20 PM)zxcv11791 Wrote:  Got it up to this so far. Works anywhere, vs mode, stage mode, any bg, etc.

[Image: 55838673qn5.gif]

You can do this with DCing??? How could you do that? I try to use itr/kind: 3 to make him walk up but it ain't look real.
(01-29-2009, 12:20 PM)zxcv11791 Wrote:  Only problems...
-Any way to get rid of the "com"? Some Id or state? Already tried id30
-Any method to make running opoint something?
OR
-Any way to duplicate a new running state where you are still able to stop running by pressing back?

Currently I'm using a state4 for running, but not being able to stop by pressing back is annoying.

if you are using state: 4, ain't that suppose that you have to use next and dvx to make your char run (tried it once)?
Quote:Nope, doesn't accept mp: -0
Then use mp: -1 you can generate mp faster than that:D
Thanks given by:
Its simple really. type 0 can't go past the edge of a screen, but balls can. So just constantly opoint out a type0 in front of you when you run, your running frames have a itr8 with a high y, the type0 has a special body at the same height. When you run to the edge of the stage, the body can't go past it, so you're forced to run into it and then you go into the dvx: in the itr8, which is the running up wall frames.

have to create brand new running frames for that. Loses the ability to do the run/defend to roll though. Trying to fix that now.
Thanks given by: no one , XxXxX