Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[solved] Accurate Chase ball
? 
Hey i was wondering how can i make a ball chase a specific enemy only. Is there a way to do it? If so plz explain.
[Image: illidansig1.png]
Thanks given by:
erm, delete all other enemies from screen? :p

no just kidding. As far as I know there's no way to do this. What you could do: ask Silva for a HEX-Solution or the chase-ball has a itr at y: 1000 and the char which should be chased a bdy at y: 1000, but this is really vague...

so my answer is no, sry :(
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
i have a theory that might work:
we transform all other enemys into balls for a short time, so they dont get chased

so if you want to make a ball that only chases template, make all chars a itr kind:8 at lets say y: 1000 in each frame except template. then, in the chars move where he creates the ball, he uses a bdy at y: 1000 that goes over the whole screen (use zwitdh) and all chars whith the itr kind 8 will go to the frame which was noted in the itr: the frames where they transform into a ball. the ball itsself looks just like the char and transforms back after a short time. so the only opp the ball is "seeing" is the char that has no itr kind 8 (in this case template).

problems:
-when you fight against multiple templates, the ball will chase one of them randomly (or the nearest one, i dont know)
-all enemys are teleporting to you cause of the itr kind 8

so we need a way to prevent the enemys from teleporting.
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2009, 07:07 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  so we need a way to prevent the enemys from teleporting.

>Grap them with a itr3/vrest ^^

Either way, there is no "fine method" to make such chasing balls... maybe a buggy solution somewhere, but even that could be difficult...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
I was actually wondering the same thing about healballs...oh well.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
Hey i was asking if i can make a ball which locks on to a nearby target and still chases him wherever he go even if there are multiple targets on the field.

According to Bamboori
Quote:i have a theory that might work:
we transform all other enemys into balls for a short time, so they dont get chased

so if you want to make a ball that only chases template, make all chars a itr kind:8 at lets say y: 1000 in each frame except template. then, in the chars move where he creates the ball, he uses a bdy at y: 1000 that goes over the whole screen (use zwitdh) and all chars whith the itr kind 8 will go to the frame which was noted in the itr: the frames where they transform into a ball. the ball itsself looks just like the char and transforms back after a short time. so the only opp the ball is "seeing" is the char that has no itr kind 8 (in this case template).

problems:
-when you fight against multiple templates, the ball will chase one of them randomly (or the nearest one, i dont know)
-all enemys are teleporting to you cause of the itr kind 8

so we need a way to prevent the enemys from teleporting.
If the enemies transform into balls what about their AI,They'll be just standing.
Thanks given by:
>>Hey i was asking if i can make a ball which locks on to a nearby target and still chases him wherever he go even if there are multiple targets on the field.

hit_Fa: 1 and 2 do that already =s. look at john's disk/dennis' chase ball. they aim for their closest target, unless the target dies.

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
I don't think I'll chase only one enemy but the closet one.
Thanks given by:
OK it's impossible.
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2009, 05:30 AM)WoodySmasher Wrote:  OK it's impossible.

Whatever, making a chase, that only follows one specific enemy is nonsense anyway...
It would make the ball completely useless, if there is no enemy of the specific kind... stick with normal chases XD
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: