Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move after Death - Next Level
(Still in relation to project "Sharn")
I have another (minor) Problem with a move of mine:

"Volta Reborn"
The char launches a thunderball into the air. Not more happens.
But as soons, as he "dies" the launched ball will resurrect him (without performing this move somewhen before, there is NO "move after death").

The move itself is working on following way:
The launched thunderball will leave the screen (flying upwards) and then teleports (invisible) back to the char (to get back to normal fighting height). Then he begins to scan via itr'8 for a special bdy.

With the help of the "Move after Death" thingy on mainpage i edited the lying frames: As soon, as the character dies, he will begin spawning T0 objects (dummys) with a special body, that will effect the scanning thunderball.
Additional the lying frames have a special body themselves (look further down).

As soon, as the thunderball detects the dead lying character, it teleports (via itr8) to his position, summons a lightnign strike (graphic effect) and "attacks"/heals the char with state:18 and negative injury.

Up to that point everything works fine...

BUT:
If the char gets killed, without having performed Volta Reborn, he won't get healed (fine).
But he will still spawn multiple T0's, which causes the game to never end, due alive "characters" are still on the field (bad).

I reduced the "duration" of the T0's already to 1, but still they are alive long enough to prevent matches from ending. If i reduce them to 0, the itr'8 of the thunderball won't be able to scan the special bdy's...

Does somebody know a solution for that problem?
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: MH-Razen
wow, you know what reading this post was really fun - an advanced problem, all details given, everything in good english, just awesome :p

ok for the problem: fact is you can't stop this problem with DC methods - I never had it since I used move after death in stage - and there the dead chars disappear :p

the spawn of t0 from the dead char is needed, so what you have to do is create new lying frames. THe system is simple: the thunderball stays with the char right? if not just make a place correction so he does with ik8. then the thunderball spawns a t0 object every tu hisself - this t0 has a bdy in there which corresponds with an ik8 in the lying frames (of course, in the dat.-file you've two bdys and two ik8s spread over the two lying frames since you have two different lying frames :p)

this ik8 in the chars lying frames make him go to new lying frames - and there you have the opoint spawn of the t0-stuff which corresponds with the thunderball.

In case there's no thunderball the char has only the normal lying frames and the problem should be gone.

That's the system, hope I could help :p

~moved to advanced
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Alblaka
What if you let the char opoint t3-objects in the lying-frames? These will have an itr/k: 3 while thingy has a special bdy. As soon as the itr grabs-the ball, it should be aligned to the char (x-wise). If it doesn't, a cpoint will certainly help you. As for the lightning, I think you can opoint it with any object (whether t3 or thingy). Try it out, it might work ;)

edit: hoory, ninja'd :P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
OMG, i got a tread transmitted to advanced XD

@MH: The problem is, if the ball follows the char via itr'8, it won't follow next and wait tags... and that is needed, due the "power" of resurrection goes down with the time... After about 900 TU the thunderball even disappears completely (otherwise, you could simply go to a milk bottle, spawn some thunderballs, refill your hp and mp with the bottle and you are unkillable).
Therefore i cannot use itr'8s to make the ball following the char (besides that would mean i would have to add annoying bdy's all over the frames XD

But the idea, that the thunderball spawns T0's and the lying only reacts with itr8's in total is nice, though *thinking*
Wouldn't it work, if the T0's search the lying body with itr'8 instead the ball following the char?

@Blue:
Since when you can affect a T3 with itr3 or itr8? o.O I thought that both only work with T0's?

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2009, 01:43 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  @MH: The problem is, if the ball follows the char via itr'8, it won't follow next and wait tags... and that is needed, due the "power" of resurrection goes down with the time... After about 900 TU the thunderball even disappears completely (otherwise, you could simply go to a milk bottle, spawn some thunderballs, refill your hp and mp with the bottle and you are unkillable).
Therefore i cannot use itr'8s to make the ball following the char (besides that would mean i would have to add annoying bdy's all over the frames XD

that's wrong if you use place correction: this means the ik8 you use links to the same frame which is just placed in dvx, so if you're in frame 100 you have dvx: 100. This means that only the place-correction of the ik8 is used, but you dont go to another frame with it - and wait and next still work.

btw: of course injury is set to 0 :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
(04-29-2009, 01:43 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  Since when you can affect a T3 with itr3 or itr8? o.O I thought that both only work with T0's?
kind: 3 works with t3 as well as t0. kind: 8 is the only one that just responds to t0.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
uhm I would have done it like this, let the char itselfe react with the spwaned t0 object so he'll go to "faked" lying frames which doesn't spwan the t0 objects...

it should work like this: the character dies and goes to the lying frames, after 30 TU's(what is the normal waiting value on the lying frames) that frame will repeat itselfe and summon that t-0 object, at the same time it reacts with the special bdy of that object due to a itr/k: 8, which brings him into some faked lying frames which are exactly the same but without the opoint, so the special t0 object is only spwaned a single time, that should be enough to make your thunder-reviving-whatever-ball react with it and brings your character back to live...
(04-29-2009, 02:04 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  that's wrong if you use place correction: this means the ik8 you use links to the same frame which is just placed in dvx, so if you're in frame 100 you have dvx: 100. This means that only the place-correction of the ik8 is used, but you dont go to another frame with it - and wait and next still work.

btw: of course injury is set to 0 :p

That means, if you set the dvx:-value to the same frame number, it only uses place correction, but doesn'T change frames?
GARGH
This is a thing i wanted to have for a couple of time... but i only tried placing NO dvx (which seemed to resulted in dvx:0 or something)

(04-29-2009, 02:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  kind: 3 works with t3 as well as t0. kind: 8 is the only one that just responds to t0.

You can Catch energy balls? lol XD

(04-29-2009, 03:40 PM)TheNave Wrote:  uhm I would have done it like this, let the char itselfe react with the spwaned t0 object so he'll go to "faked" lying frames which doesn't spwan the t0 objects...

it should work like this: the character dies and goes to the lying frames, after 30 TU's(what is the normal waiting value on the lying frames) that frame will repeat itselfe and summon that t-0 object, at the same time it reacts with the special bdy of that object due to a itr/k: 8, which brings him into some faked lying frames which are exactly the same but without the opoint, so the special t0 object is only spwaned a single time, that should be enough to make your thunder-reviving-whatever-ball react with it and brings your character back to live...

That is a great idea... with this technique the opoint spawn would only work 1-3 (depending on wait etc) times, but not all over the time...

If that works, it will be way easier then MH's method (cuz i would have to rewrite the file XD)

N1 Nave! The move is running perfect and bugfree now ^^
You won't even see any "COM" sign besides one, that flashes fro about 0.3 seconds ^^ And all the itr8 thingy and reborn still works! THX

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2009, 04:16 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  
(04-29-2009, 02:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  kind: 3 works with t3 as well as t0. kind: 8 is the only one that just responds to t0.

I think he meant that both t0 and t3 are able to catch something, but only t0 can be cought^^
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2009, 04:21 PM)TheNave Wrote:  
(04-29-2009, 04:16 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  

I think he meant that both t0 and t3 are able to catch something, but only t0 can be cought^^

That's what i thought before, too...
Quote:Mit diesem kind kann man eine Figur ergreifen solange sie ein bdy hat. - from mainpage
It says, you can grap CHARs... otherwise there would have to stand OBJECT, shouldn't it?

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: