Poll: Wich one is better??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Old Version
0%
0 0%
The New Version
100.00%
17 100.00%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Little Fighter 2 Ultimate Character Guide
:thumbs up: 
This post will be edited with changes regularely so check by often for new info

Hi, im working on a charcter guide for LF2 featuring all charcters by marti and starsky wong for the original game as well as all the downloadable characters and their moves and info found on lf-empire.de and in the read me files that comes with the downloads.. im already well on my way doing this and it's confirmed to be done.. sometime.. i do have a few working demos and some screenshots. I am doing this for free so if any of the creators of the characters downloadable here dont want me to include them in the guide that is perfectly fine. All they have to do is send me a pm here. Any1 tell me what you think about the idea and i'll respond.. any idea on how to make it even better or any other things i should include else than charcters (like a how-to for the stage mode or whatever) please tell me.. I'll put in anything :)

Edit:
for some reason Norman antivirus does not like my file, but i assure its perfectly safe..

Current Version: 1.3.321
1.3.320 is the 6th demo :P
Edit:
Demo list:
Screenie of the 1.3.301 version compared to the new 1.3.315 version :D
pm me any1 that wants to help, ill give u the code and show you how to do it.. any1 that helps me gets their name in the credits of the prog, even if you only does a couple of characters.. i need atleast 2 - 3 ppl to help me out
Check out my Little Fighter 2 Ultimate Character Guide (C)
pm me any1 that wants to help, all you do is write stuff in notepad and it takes no time at all.. any1 that helps me gets their name in the credits of the prog, even if you only does a couple of characters.. i need atleast 2 - 3 ppl to help me out..
[Image: vb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Serously cool thing...
Give me some Hours/days and i will release my character kenzo...
i would be glad if you would include him.
Thanks given by: Rovzx
It would be cool, if it could include the download link of the character.
This project sounds good, there's just one thing: right now, LFE has hosted almost 200 characters, more to come. You'll have a bunch of work to do...

Other than that: please fix three things:
1) The back-link. It's cut-off.
2) The fact that the window "jumps" into the middle of the screen when you choose a char.
3) The original characters' image. The 256-color-version just doesn't look nice. You might want to "copy" the blue version which is also present in lf2's loading screen.
3.5) Fix the spelling mistakes.

Oh, look. I felt like making some screenies to prevent stupid posts :D
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
i had this idea once good luck!
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
(08-18-2009, 03:28 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  It would be cool, if it could include the download link of the character.

This would be awesome, and i have really tried it but i just hasnt found out how to do it yet, neither have i found out how to fix the "form pops out at middle of screen problem.. but im working on both, and the spelling is prolly cus im norwegian lol..
D**N!! I just nioticed what you guys said about the back button, and stuff.. thet button aint at all supposed to look like that.. you need to install a specific font, so that it looks like the text: "Ultimate Character Guide" in the Screenies.. should i post a link to the font (which will also install when u install the guide when its not a demo, or should i change it to a font wich comes wiht windows?? neither is tricky.. ill post the font link anyways: http://www.dafont.com/painty-paint.font
heres some screenies of how it shold rly look like:
as you can see the back button is not supposed to look like that, neither should it be black.. thats strange..
also i would appriciate if any1 could tell me (by pm to prevent 100 dumb posts) whats the mp cost of adeen for starters and adeen 2?? ill put this in the first post or make a new topic so that it doesnt take up all the space..
pm me any1 that wants to help, all you do is write stuff in notepad and it takes no time at all.. any1 that helps me gets their name in the credits of the prog, even if you only does a couple of characters.. i need atleast 2 - 3 ppl to help me out..
Thanks given by:
I'd rather suggest that you either implement the font into your exe or (in case you're not able to) make a bitmap instead of pure text. I think, we're all able to bear with 20kB bigger file-size :P
I don't really know how you could fix the info-part about each character. When you compare your screenshot to mine, you'll see that they're slightly different. Maybe you can try making it somehow similar to the special fonts lf2 uses (I don't know if you've seen those, they look similar to sprite sheets just with letters) ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
For who submits the work, perhaps you can contribute by spellchecking your own before sending so you spare him the work (also seeing that english is not his mother language as well).

I like your idea and I support it, wish you good luck with it.
Thanks given by:
i dunno how to implement it into the exe, but a bitmap should take bout 2 sec..
i have now fixed the painty paint font problem (thats the name of the font) so that the back buttons and character names display correctly.. A new demo will be released soon for you to check if it actually is like what it should be..
or maybe not.. i just tested it myself on my mom's computer, it works just fine.. most of the text is now MS Sans Serif.. it doesnt look very good, but any microsoft computer have it, so its rly universal that way.. looks silly thou -.-
changed the whats this? to a readme section so now the whole readme will be implemented there.. if this takes space, ill simply make it separate.. it includes a whats this? text, version changes and soon a faq if nesessary (<-- how do u write that word arrgh..)
ive added some more characters to it now, but i use most of the time figuring out how to get the download links to the charcters onto the program.. this is harder than it sounds using my pre historic programming program..
Another Demo Loads of new stuff!!
just 6 characters thou..
http://www.mediafire.com/?5kyxlzk2klk
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2009, 03:35 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  This project sounds good, there's just one thing: right now, LFE has hosted almost 200 characters, more to come. You'll have a bunch of work to do...

Well he could ask for help...

Anyway good project, but what happens if there are new chars won't you have to add them to?In that case you'll have to have a million updates...or you just need something like a auto-updater so you don't have to download to much stuff...

~RtXaS~
Thanks given by: