Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC ProBlem!
i have a problem and the tutorial's aren't help me!
i want to create a new movement how can i do this????
can anybody help me?
somebody?
in deutsch ich habe ein problem und die tutorials helfen mir nicht.
wir kann ich einen neuen move erstellen.kann mir irgendjemand helfen?irgendjemand?
INQUISITED!$$$That's the way i GO!yeaH!:D:DDemon
Demon
Thanks given by:
First of all, welcome.
Have you had a look at Simoneon's tutorial? It covers almost everything a beginner DCer should know:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=4747
Assuming that you've downloaded a Data Changer etc., here is a little quote from it.
Quote:#7 How do I add new attacks?
If you want to copy a move from one character to another, you have to copy the frames to the character's dat.-file. Keep in mind that you can't have frames with the same number. If the frames you copied are already in use, you have to change the frame-numbers (do not use frames bigger than 399!) and the next frame noted by "next".
Then, in order to use the move, you have to allocate a key-combination to it. The possible combinations are:
D + > + A = hit_Fa:
D + > + J = hit_Fj:
D + ^ + A = hit_Ua:
D + ^ + J = hit_Uj:
D + J + A = hit_ja:
D + v + A = hit_Da:
D + v + J = hit_Dj:

Finally, add this tag with the first frame-number of the move behind the other input tags in the "standing", "walking", and "defend" frames.
I guess that's understandable? Now, this obviously is only for giving one character the move of another one. However, that's how you will start almost every time when you want to make a new move, at least in the beginning.
If you have an attack in mind, you should first take an attack that is close to that one. Let's say you want to add a punching combo for Firen. You'd take the frames called many_punch from Davis and do all the things Simoneon said: Change the frame numbers if necessary, give it a key combination, change the pic: to determine which pictures of Firen are shown.
Now Firen got Davis' combo. At this point you can start making it you're own attack by changing the damage ("injury:") or whatever you like to. Again Simoneon lists some possibilities.
Quote:#5 How do I change the damage of an attack?
All damage is defined by various instances of "itr" tags. In itrs, the "injury" allows you to set how much hp a character loses if they are hit by the attack. At the beginning of the game the character has 500 hp, so an "injury"larger than 500 is usually overkill.

#6 How do I add an effect?
The effect of an attack is also noted in "itr". The "effect"-tag is optional and so you won't always see it in itr. "effect: 1" creates blood, "effect: 2" burns, and "effect: 3" freezes the enemy.
It might be most interesting to have a look at this and play around a bit.
http://lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/data-c...nteraction

If you want to give your character a new ball-attack, you will have to copy the whole data-file of another ball (let's say John's), rename it and list it in the text document data.txt:
id: 230 type: 3 file: data\thenameoftheattack.dat

Now in every move summoning a ball there is a frame with an
opoint:
kind: 0 x: xx y: xx dvx: xx oid: xxx facing: xx
Something among this lines. Oid: determines which ball will be summoned. Change it to the new id: you've created - in this case 230 - and you can change the ball as well. For that, have a look at this:
http://lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/data-c...-3-attacks
Again a little quote:
Quote:#4 How can my character shoot multiple balls at once?
To create multiple objects during a move you have to modify the "facing" part of the opoint. The "facing" value should be 10 times the number of objects that you want to appear. So "facing: 50" creates five objects.

#8 How do I make my ball fly forward?
Forward movements of the ball are noted by "dvx". Using this, you can set the speed of the ball.

#9 How do I make a ball chase an enemy?
To make the ball chase an enemy, just note "hit_Fa: 1" behind "hit_j". Also make sure "dvx" and "dvy" are both zero in order to make the chasing work properly.

I hope that answered the question :D
@Simoneon: It would be great to have all that opoint: stuff in your tutorial as well. That's maybe the only part that is missing. Of course, it's in the "other stuff", but it should be there at the beginning.

Edit: Looking back at this, I must be ill or something.
I will just save this text and copy&paste it every time it seems useful
Thanks given by: Simoneon , razoor65
I think you may find this tutorial helpful:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...d=77#pid77
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2010, 07:27 PM)Marshall Wrote:  I think you may find this tutorial helpful:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...d=77#pid77

ähmmmm thank you this was really helpfull and i am really happy but i mean can you give me an exactly tutorial about to make my own attacks with sprites and effects and so many things. and i have allready an idea for my editd template:''TheInquisitor''!please help me !
INQUISITED!$$$That's the way i GO!yeaH!:D:DDemon
Demon
Thanks given by:
The whole forum and the mainsite is full of tutorials on both spriting and DCing as well as some Hexing. Start reading.
Thanks given by: Divisor , MH-Razen
i will try to help you just ask anything and i will see if i can help : D
Random word of the day (Click to View)
What the hell is yahoo doing (Click to View)
News of the day: I have joined the eggpire, look out ducks I am gonna roast you with my fearsome fire-egg sword!
Thanks given by: razoor65