Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LF2 Widescreen Version + extra
Around the beginning of 2014, I learned that LFE had a widescreen version of EXE.
When I downloaded it and tested it, I realized that this version was just a simple modification.

So at that time, I tried to modify it. But when I changed a few major layouts, I found that it was really not that easy.
The EXE at that time was published as a DEMO, and the widescreen version circulating up to now is probably this EXE.

If you have played this version:
https://lf-empire.de/lfe-fileplanet/vers...ero-v1-00a
This widescreen version is also provided by me.

Fast-forward to April 2021, I started a project, I want to complete the widescreen version.
Then I saw the 1500px version of the expected image, why is it 1500px, because in the survival mode, the background is 1500px width.
I think this idea is quite interesting, so I made a 1500px version at the same time.

[Image: 4ec8854624b9bab0.gif]

[Image: unknown.png]

After taking the time to edit every few days, after three months, it was finally completed.
Everything you can see has been modified and adjusted to a suitable position. More importantly, the original recording can be played.

Yes, my modification did not affect the recording, so you can use this version to connect with the original LF2 players.

I also added some functions:
  1. When opened, the window auto-centering
  2. Fast Loading
  3. maintains aspect ratio when maximized (upgrade)
  4. packs some of the BMP files from within exe into a separate folder called "pic"
  5. The small background will center the active area (along with the background image)
  6. When using the function keys, the HP/Dark HP/MP numbers are displayed under the player’s HP bar
  7. In stage mode, areas beyond the boundary will be blacked out

About the background pack:

Hari made a set of widescreen backgrounds that can be applied to this version.
Just like the top Gif picture, it doesn't look like a problem.
Players can download and apply.

However, the 1500px version has not been produced.

[Image: i1.gif]
Have you thought about just removing the header and drawing the lifebars underneath the characters? Removing the header is easy enough, and it seems like backgrounds can be rendered from y:0, I played around with it quickly: [Image: TmnOnFV.png]

Drawing the bars could be a pain. There's this really old project: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=3388 that draws with the old DLL injection system, but I've noticed you don't like that. It's probably possible to use that. Or I guess you've reverse engineered enough of the LF2 code that you could probably modify the existing lifebar drawing code to draw where you want.

Attached Files
.zip   lf2_2.0a_WS_pnc_no_header.exe.zip (Size: 161.43 KB / Downloads: 92)
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: 織女式